JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

netgem 7700

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tatiun

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:50 pm    Post subject: netgem 7700 Reply with quote

does any one have the .bin files for netgem N7700 please?
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried the N7600 from the File Section ?
tatiun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
Have you tried the N7600 from the File Section ?

yes, and didn't work
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try these newer instructions. http://placeshiftingenthusiasts.com/how-to-install-a-custom-remote-onto-the-slingbox/

And PLEASE this time read them properly, particularly the part that says "...If you have problems please do NOT just report back it 'doesn't work', that is totally useless.."
tatiun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
Try these newer instructions. http://placeshiftingenthusiasts.com/how-to-install-a-custom-remote-onto-the-slingbox/

And PLEASE this time read them properly, particularly the part that says "...If you have problems please do NOT just report back it 'doesn't work', that is totally useless.."

ok thanks, I will read carefully. Very Happy
tatiun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tatiun wrote:
alanrichey wrote:

ok thanks, I will read carefully. Very Happy

well, I already followed the instructions, but in my case, i can't configure the remote control for the specific model Netgem N7700, the problem is that i don't have the .bin file, i tried to use the 8200, 7600, and 5200 and nothing.
in my parents house, have DISH, and it works with no problem, but in my house i can't use it with TOTALPLAY.

1. What model Slingbox do you have?
2. Was there any error message after you typed in the Code and tapped the Test button?
no
3. Did you give the commands plenty of time to react? (I have a DVR that takes about 6-8 seconds to power up/down)
yes
4. If you are using a Solo did you try both BIN files?
yes
5. After completing the setup do any of the buttons work?
no
6. If you are installing on a Solo or Pro-HD or older box that uses an external IR Blaster, have you used a Digital Camera or Mobile Phone Camera to confirm the IR Blaster is actually firing when you tap the Power button? (Watch the tip of the IR Blaster through the viewfinder while you tap a button. You should see a white (not red) flash. Test it on a real remote so you know what you are looking for). If you are using a 350/500 have you tried using the external blaster?

N/A

7. Have you experimented with the placement of the IR Blaster? On some devices this is critical so don’t give up too quickly. Try shining a flashlight at the front of the receiver and see if you can see the IR receiver behind the smoked glass.

8. Are you sure the device is working correctly using the real remote?
yes

9. Are you sure your device is set to use IR ? Many boxes can operate on RF or IR and if it is set to RF then the Slingbox will not affect it.
yes

10. If you have a device that supports multiple remote addresses (DirecTV, Dish Network, Tivo…) are you sure the remote address is set to the default ?
N/A
11. Have you tried resetting the Slingbox. ? This has been found to help.
yes
12. Do you have access to a Logitech Harmony Universal Remote? If so let me know.

no
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, first point to note is that I have checked the codes for the 7700 and it definately uses the same ones as the 7600 so that means the problem is with your installation.

Looking at your answers:

4. You answered Yes, even though you have a 350 ? As the instructions make clear, the 350 uses the PL BIN file. So why try both ?

6. You answered N/A. It is not N/A at all and is probably the reason for your problem. If the internal IR transmitter on the 350 has failed or is weak then it may not be reaching the box. If so you MUST use the external IR Blaster provided with the box.

7. You didn't bother answering this one, I assume as you haven't bothered trying the external blaster.

Over to you.
tatiun

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
OK, first point to note is that I have checked the codes for the 7700 and it definately uses the same ones as the 7600 so that means the problem is with your installation.

Looking at your answers:

4. You answered Yes, even though you have a 350 ? As the instructions make clear, the 350 uses the PL BIN file. So why try both ?

6. You answered N/A. It is not N/A at all and is probably the reason for your problem. If the internal IR transmitter on the 350 has failed or is weak then it may not be reaching the box. If so you MUST use the external IR Blaster provided with the box.

7. You didn't bother answering this one, I assume as you haven't bothered trying the external blaster.

Over to you.

I really appreciate your time, and patience.
finally i found the problem (with your help of course).
to answer your points
4 - I used both files, because I don't have nothing to lose, right?
6 - 7 - I don't used the External blaster because in my parents house works without problems, yes i know is differents cases, so X for me

well, that I did was: reset the slingbox, I had already done, but, I connected the slingbox in my parents house first, then in my house, and did not worked the remote (in my house)
so, I did a reset the slingbox again, but now, connected the slingbox in my house first, and used the 7600 .bin files and finally worked.!!
I don't know why, but if you connect an other service in the first place, the second one does not work, if it is a custom remote.
I did the same twice, just for try, and yes, if I connect first the device in my parents house, in my house does not work, until reset my slingbox.
so, thank you very much.!!
Regards from Guadalajara.
Very Happy
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good, glad it's all worked out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: