JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Prismiq protocol question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JWBDolphins

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Prismiq protocol question Reply with quote

I have an RS 15-2117 remote and have used JP1 for a little over a year, but I've had a several month gap between using JP1 and have been ramping back up. I am not yet at the level of decoding remotes and building my own protocols - that's a learning curve I need to find time to do at some point.

I recently picked up a Prismiq Media Hub to tie my PC to my tv/stereo. Its not perfect, but its a pretty cool device, imho. I looked and found the prismiq device protocol that was ul'd, but have had some problems with it.

The protocol is split into 2 protocols - so I loaded the "most keys" protocol to the CD device, and the "arrow keys" protocol to one of the "hidden" devices (not sure of its official term). I then KeyMoved the CD arrow keys into the "hidden device".

First question - is That the proper way to implement this protocol?

Problems - the arrow keys seem to work fine for bopping around in "dvd" mode - but when I switch to Web - where it is in "mouse" mode always - the left and right movement looks normal albeit a little slower than the Prismiq remote, but the up and down speed moves very fast.

Sometimes when I hit certain keys, the Prismiq LED for "key being received" stays light for long periods of time.

The Select key sometimes works, but mostly does not. Eventually - the cursor keys will "lock" the Prismiq device to the point of having to unplug it to clear it. This seems to happen when in "mouse" mode, and hasn't happened yet in "dvd" mode.

I unplug the 2117 IR Repeater to see if that mattered - I still see the same problems. (And the Prismiq remote Always works fine).

Has anyone else ran into these problems? My next step will be to have the 2117 Learn the keys straight from the Prismiq Remote, and see if that fixes some of these things.

Thanks for any help!
John
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,

AFIK, you are among the few people who have used my Prisimiq Device/Protocol upgrade. I decoded the IR commands first in a different forum and then ended up buying one myself.

The cursors may not be perfect, but they work pretty consistently for me and they could be OFA model of remote specific. I tweaked them for my 15-1994. I can post the Protocol Builder file and tell you how to tweak them a bit.

The "mouse" commands are really different from all the other commands but both are very closely related to an IR keyboard commands. This makes some sense since there is an optional keyboard for the Prisimiq. For most keys there is both a down and up command. This is not the case for the "mouse" cursor keys and most all of the other consumer electronic equipment.

Fortunately most functions on the Prisimiq work with only the down command. Most of the time enter works on the down command, but recently I was using the Slim Server with Prisimiq and that takes using the web browser. That did not work well at all with the down only enter command.

I created an enter key that has both Enter-Down and Enter-UP and just modified the zip file at the Yahoo group to add the new Enter key. Unfortunately that adds another protocol/device upgrade.

The key commands make sense when you think about how a keyboard works. shift-p is capital P. If you hold the shift key down, then it will capitalize any letters that follow until the shift key is released.

Having said all that, there are some bugs in the Prisimiq with sending too many remote commands in a row even with it's own remote. I think the new select key will get most of what you want.
JWBDolphins

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon,

That makes sense about the up & down commands. I'll try the new upload - I think you're right, if the Enter key works, I should be good to go. I mostly use it for music and digi-pics, so the mouse commands aren't that big of a deal (I can always use the Prismiq remote if I HAVE to! Razz ). Unfortunately it will be several days yet before I get a chance to play with this again.

Thanks for the help!
John
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWBDolphins wrote:
(I can always use the Prismiq remote if I HAVE to! Razz ).

That kind of talk will get you kicked out of the JP1 group!!! Smile
JWBDolphins

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, please forgive my Blasphemy! Razz
doninwny

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Manual settings in protocol for prismiq remote on 8810 Reply with quote

Ok, I want to put my prismiq remote on my 8810, so I downloaded the prismiq.zip file, opened the "most keys" file in km. I'm confused by the manual settings in the protocol box, can anyone talk me through that? All I'm really interested in is power, arrow keys, select, and fast forward (next) key (I listen to my mp3s on random, and the fast forward key skips the present song and goes to the next random one). I've tried a few of the NEC protocols, none of them work.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: