JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kaonmedia NA1610 on slingbox solo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a good idea, but it may or may turn out to be useful. When UEI adds codes to regular remotes, they use their official setup code numbers which we can look up, but when they add them to OEM remotes like this, they typically use non-official setup code numbers like 0001 which won't help us.

But given that this is a UEI remote, I will write to them to see if they can send me the code.
tranx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That remote looks very much like Insignia 67100/Inteset 422, re-labelled and with only one row of buttons at the bottom instead of two
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UEI says they don't renumber the codes, so a 990 blink back should tell us the right code.
Georgesling

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Georgesling wrote:
3FG
excellent contribution. I did not know that
Today I test and return with news

sorry for the delay
something strange. perform the procedure as indicated but never blinking light. Surprised

what happened?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, let's confirm the process. Have you programmed any other devices into this remote yet, like a TV, DVD, etc? If so, do you remember what the codes were?

So, let's try to blink back one of those codes first. Starting with the TV:

• TAP the device, (TV, VCR, CABLE, etc.), button - RELEASE
  • PRESS and HOLD the SETUP button until the red LED flashes twice, then RELEASE.
  • TAP 9 - 9 - 0.
  • TAP 1, carefully COUNT the number of blinks. (1st digit)
  • TAP 2, carefully COUNT the number of blinks. (2nd digit)
  • TAP 3, carefully COUNT the number of blinks. (3rd digit)
  • TAP 4, carefully COUNT the number of blinks. (4th digit)
  • TAP 5, carefully COUNT the number of blinks. (5th digit), for remotes with 5 digit codes

Once you verify that you have the correct process, then try again to blink back the Kaon code.
Georgesling

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:28 am    Post subject: Kaonmedia NA1610 on slingbox solo code Reply with quote

remote control code for this decoder 032 288

reconfirmed the code. Please binary file can be used to add new codes to my Slingbox

Regards,
George
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Kaonmedia NA1610 on slingbox solo code Reply with quote

Georgesling wrote:

I was expecting either a 4 digit code or a 5 digit code, yet you generated a 6 digit code with a space in the middle, so I don't know what to make of that.
Georgesling

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Kaonmedia NA1610 on slingbox solo code Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Georgesling wrote:

I was expecting either a 4 digit code or a 5 digit code, yet you generated a 6 digit code with a space in the middle, so I don't know what to make of that.

Sorry!
It was late 2am and I was wrong

the correct number is 03288

thanks
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using Simpleset.com with my OARUSB04G, Cable 3288 is the Sejin-1-56 IR protocol. I have uploaded a trial upgrade which still would need to be converted to a Slingbox bin file, presumably including a PID 0161 protocol upgrade. If the executor is too big, I imagine that we can create a smaller non-combo executor.

Georgesling,
It will be useful to the community if you can blink back the remote's signature. Use the same procedure as you did to blink back the setup code, except use 983 instead of 990. I expect that the signature will start with a 3, but it could start with 2. There will be 4 digits if the sig starts with 3, and 5 digits if it starts with 2.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
If the executor is too big, I imagine that we can create a smaller non-combo executor.

The slingbox has a limit of 252 bytes for the protocol + device. The executor is 193 bytes. To test this, unassign functions until the device portion of the upgrade is 59 bytes or less.

Also change the setup code number before creating your bin. The 3288 setup code number is too high for a slingbox or older remote.

As 3FG said, we can probably reduce the size of the executor if this shoots the correct signal.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have Sejin-1-N as a selectable protocol in RM, so I changed the protocol to that, which results in single byte command codes and a 116 byte executor

The following zip file includes the RM file and 2 Slingbox bin files. I renamed the setup code to CBL/1328 to make it fit. I assigned the dash function to the +100 button, and the List function to the Fav button.

http://hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13676
Georgesling

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
We have Sejin-1-N as a selectable protocol in RM, so I changed the protocol to that, which results in single byte command codes and a 116 byte executor

The following zip file includes the RM file and 2 Slingbox bin files. I renamed the setup code to CBL/1328 to make it fit. I assigned the dash function to the +100 button, and the List function to the Fav button.

http://hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13676

Crying or Very sad doesn't work
Georgesling

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
Using Simpleset.com with my OARUSB04G, Cable 3288 is the Sejin-1-56 IR protocol. I have uploaded a trial upgrade which still would need to be converted to a Slingbox bin file, presumably including a PID 0161 protocol upgrade. If the executor is too big, I imagine that we can create a smaller non-combo executor.

Georgesling,
It will be useful to the community if you can blink back the remote's signature. Use the same procedure as you did to blink back the setup code, except use 983 instead of 990. I expect that the signature will start with a 3, but it could start with 2. There will be 4 digits if the sig starts with 3, and 5 digits if it starts with 2.

3FG here you have the information
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you please check again? This number doesn't make sense.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Georgesling wrote:
Crying or Very sad doesn't work

Have you read this...
http://placeshiftingenthusiasts.com/how-to-install-a-custom-remote-onto-the-slingbox/
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: