JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kaonmedia NA1610 on slingbox solo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just used my Nevo to get the CBL/3228 code also and confirmed that it's exactly like Dave said. I then loaded both codes into a remote and captured the signals from the official code and the one that I created and confirmed that they are the same too.

So George, it's back to you. Like Alan says in his guide, simply saying "doesn't work" doesn't cut it, not when so many people manage to make mistakes when loading bin files into their slingboxes.
Georgesling

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Georgesling wrote:
Crying or Very sad doesn't work

Have you read this...
http://placeshiftingenthusiasts.com/how-to-install-a-custom-remote-onto-the-slingbox/

If you have any problems installing these files please do NOT just report back it ‘doesn’t work’, that is totally useless for someone trying to understand what is going on. So please report all of the following:

1. What model Slingbox do you have?
SOLO

2. Was there any error message after you typed in the Code and tapped the Test button?
Nothing happens

3. Did you give the commands plenty of time to react? (I have a DVR that takes about 6-8 seconds to power up/down)
I gave plenty of time without react

4. If you are using a Solo did you try both BIN files?
Yes I try both files PL and RV same result

5. After completing the setup do any of the buttons work?
None and the colored buttons are not enabled

6. If you are installing on a Solo or Pro-HD or older box that uses an external IR Blaster, have you used a Digital Camera or Mobile Phone Camera to confirm the IR Blaster is actually firing when you tap the Power button? (Watch the tip of the IR Blaster through the viewfinder while you tap a button. You should see a white (not red) flash. Test it on a real remote so you know what you are looking for). If you are using a 350/500 have you tried using the external blaster?

7. Have you experimented with the placement of the IR Blaster? On some devices this is critical so don’t give up too quickly. Try shining a flashlight at the front of the receiver and see if you can see the IR receiver behind the smoked glass.

8. Are you sure the device is working correctly using the real remote?
of course

9. Are you sure your device is set to use IR ? Many boxes can operate on RF or IR and if it is set to RF then the Slingbox will not affect it.

10. If you have a device that supports multiple remote addresses (DirecTV, Dish Network, Tivo…) are you sure the remote address is set to the default ?
YES
11. Have you tried resetting the Slingbox. ? This has been found to help.
two times
12. Do you have access to a Logitech Harmony Universal Remote? If so let me know.
Harmony 200
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at 3FG's signals and Robs signals. They are both shooting the same Sejin-1-56 signals with an E value of 0. Robs signal's frequency is a tad slower, not enough to make a difference.

Then I read the answers to Georges questions and this one stuck out.
Georgesling wrote:

5. After completing the setup do any of the buttons work?
None and the colored buttons are not enabled

Surely "Doesn't Work"can't mean a few functions are missing, can it?

On the otherhand, the bin files do have 4 of the colored buttons enabled so it sounds like the bin did not load correctly.

George didn't bother answering this question
Quote:
6. If you are installing on a Solo or Pro-HD or older box that uses an external IR Blaster, have you used a Digital Camera or Mobile Phone Camera to confirm the IR Blaster is actually firing when you tap the Power button? (Watch the tip of the IR Blaster through the viewfinder while you tap a button. You should see a white (not red) flash. Test it on a real remote so you know what you are looking for). If you are using a 350/500 have you tried using the external blaster?

I have another slingbox question for you Alan.
This SEJIN protcol runs in the 58000 range, much higher than the average IR signal. Is there any frequency range limitations to a slingbox blaster? I know when I was looking at PC blasters to work with LIRC there were some that were rated for the 38000 range and you had to use different blasters when you moved to these extremely high frequencies. Does this apply to slingboxes?

Of course this would not be a reason for the colored buttons to not be enabled. So probably not the issue here.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lack of colored buttons does pretty much prove that George wasn't successful in loading the bin file, now we just need to figure out why.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I have been watching this with interest but it's probably time I dived back in Very Happy

Rob: Can you confirm that http://hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13676 is the latest test file ?

Vicky: As far as I know there is no problem with a higher signal, I have seen lots of remotes working with a 56Khz signal

George:

1. You didn't answer Questions 6 & 7. These are FUNDAMENTAL to this business. if your IR system is not operating then you are wasting everyone's time.

2. What software do you use with your Harmony 200. The Desktop software or MyHarmony software ?

3. Do you have the device installed on your Harmony ? If so PM me the login details.

4. Did you select 'Miscellaneous Device' during the setup ? That would explain why the colour buttons were not enabled. If you did I will be VERY annoyed as the instructions specifically tell you NOT to do that.

Al
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
Rob: Can you confirm that http://hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13676 is the latest test file ?

Yup.
Georgesling

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
OK, I have been watching this with interest but it's probably time I dived back in Very Happy

Vicky: As far as I know there is no problem with a higher signal, I have seen lots of remotes working with a 56Khz signal

George:

1. You didn't answer Questions 6 & 7. These are FUNDAMENTAL to this business. if your IR system is not operating then you are wasting everyone's time.

2. What software do you use with your Harmony 200. The Desktop software or MyHarmony software ?

3. Do you have the device installed on your Harmony ? If so PM me the login details.

4. Did you select 'Miscellaneous Device' during the setup ? That would explain why the colour buttons were not enabled. If you did I will be VERY annoyed as the instructions specifically tell you NOT to do that.

Al

Alan

1.- Is On, because when I setup custom C2010_pl.bin work perfect with my deco azamerica s922 but with c1328 pl or rv doesnt work at all as mentioned before

2.- Desktop software

3.- nop. I found this kaon vm1620 but doesnt work with my deco Kaon n1620. when i Add a device using desktop software setup Harmony didn't learn the IR commands for this device.

https://support.myharmony.com/en-pe/adding-a-device-thats-not-found-in-the-harmony-database#frommyharmony

4.- nop i didn't
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why can't you learn the codes on the Harmony ? That would solve all your problems. And that is what the Harmony is designed to do. That link you posted is rubbish. All you need to do is install the VM1620 and then in the Devices Tab, go to the 'Learn IR' and then replace all the buttons marked 'database' with a learned signal.

If you want to finally get this done, log onto my Harmony account (Name: slingboxes Password: password) and do that, to install a working copy of the device on there so I can install it on my Harmony and do a proper analysis.
Georgesling

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
Why can't you learn the codes on the Harmony ? That would solve all your problems. And that is what the Harmony is designed to do. That link you posted is rubbish. All you need to do is install the VM1620 and then in the Devices Tab, go to the 'Learn IR' and then replace all the buttons marked 'database' with a learned signal.

If you want to finally get this done, log onto my Harmony account (Name: slingboxes Password: password) and do that, to install a working copy of the device on there so I can install it on my Harmony and do a proper analysis.

Alan
Thanks for your feedback. It's done !
I look forward to your comments

Last edited by Georgesling on Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Georgesling

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Georgesling wrote:
alanrichey wrote:

Alan
Thanks for your feedback. I'll do that and come back with news

Done! Alan, I look forward to your feedback
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, that accomplished nothing. The Kaon N-1620 you uploaded uses the same code as the 1600 and the 1610.

When I look at the IR commands for the device they all have Database against them, which means the system is using standard codes. We are going to have to do some 'raw' learns to find out why your remote is non-standard.

So, go into my account again.

1. Under the Devices Tab and your Kaon N-1620 tap on the 'Learn IR'' button again.

2. In the bottom right corner tap on the Custom button

3. Now for each button use the Learn Raw option

Let me know when you have finished.
Georgesling

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
Ok, that accomplished nothing. The Kaon N-1620 you uploaded uses the same code as the 1600 and the 1610.

When I look at the IR commands for the device they all have Database against them, which means the system is using standard codes. We are going to have to do some 'raw' learns to find out why your remote is non-standard.

So, go into my account again.

1. Under the Devices Tab and your Kaon N-1620 tap on the 'Learn IR'' button again.

2. In the bottom right corner tap on the Custom button

3. Now for each button use the Learn Raw option

Let me know when you have finished.

Alan
1 and 2 ok!
3 nop

apparently my remote control H200 is not compatible with this software. absolutely not recognize anything. Sad
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh come on George, give us a break. We are not psychic so just saying 'nop'is ridiculous. Are you saying that you were not given the option to learn a raw signal ? Or you were given the option but the signals were not picked up when you pointed the remotes at each other ? If the latter did you keep trying and adjust the distance between them ?

And when I check the specifications of Harmony 200 it says you are supposed to use the MyHarmony software although you said you used the standalone software ?

There are a lot of people trying to help you here and one word answers just do not cut it, so please make an effort to help us as well or we will give up on you.
Georgesling

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
Oh come on George, give us a break. We are not psychic so just saying 'nop'is ridiculous. Are you saying that you were not given the option to learn a raw signal ? Or you were given the option but the signals were not picked up when you pointed the remotes at each other ? If the latter did you keep trying and adjust the distance between them ?

And when I check the specifications of Harmony 200 it says you are supposed to use the MyHarmony software although you said you used the standalone software ?

There are a lot of people trying to help you here and one word answers just do not cut it, so please make an effort to help us as well or we will give up on you.

Hello Alan
First of all I would like to clarify that I'm doing my best. Unfortunately I'm no expert as you. As you can see my Harmony 200 is apparently not compatible with the Logitech Harmony Remote Software (7.7.0.0) Only 4 devices are compatible none of them is H200.

Then after checking in SW with your username and password I could see the Kaon n1620 as shown in picture 2.

Then according to your instructions I learned and custom without problems pictures 3.

Finally I got to step picture 4, but nothing happened. Apparently the problem is my H200 that is not compatible with this SW. Adjusting the distance between H200 and remote Is not the problem. I was given the option but the signals did not picked up when I pointed the remote at each other.

I just bought a USB to TTL Serial Cable Adapter Chipset FTDI FT232 USB cable computer to support better the group.
On the other hand, I reloaded my H200 signals via my harmony Software but I found that if all signals are picked up but some of them are not learned by example volume up and down.
Regards,
George
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good, that's better, now I can almost understand what you are doing. But as I said in my previous post I think you are using the wrong software. If you go to the Logitech site it says that you should use the myHarmony software NOT the 7.7 Desktop software. So I suggest you install that and try the 'raw' learn. (And ignore the statement that only those 4 remotes are compatible, that is because they are the current models. Like my 659, Logitech stopped producing the 200 a long time ago).

Having said that I have absolutely no idea what you mean by your last sentence. Having said you could not manage the learn you then say you did reload it ? Sorry, totally confused now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: