JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ZaapTV CloodTV 4U
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I tried to install the files and I agree they do not operate the receiver. However I don't think you have a Slingbox Solo. When I configured it the only inputs were composite and S-Video, there was no sign of a component input. So I believe you actually have a Slingbox AV. And the IR chip is 2 so it should work with the PL file.

So either the IR is not working/not located correctly, or the code is not right.
ghobranios

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject: Bin file for the new zaap cloodtv 4u. Reply with quote

I ordered slingbox M1 from e-bay and I will try the file again when I receive it.
Thanks
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that you've also ordered a Nevo C2 remote, so let us know when that arrives because then we can give you a code to add to it which will help us confirm whether the code that we're using is correct.

If it works, then the problem is with the Slingbox or how you've added the bin.

If it doesn't work, once you get your original remote back from UEI, I will have you learn the buttons using the Nevo, and once you've confirmed that the learned buttons work, I'll have you give me the Nevo file with the learns in it and I'll take it from there.
ghobranios

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:51 pm    Post subject: Bin file for the new zaap cloodtv 4u. Reply with quote

I connected back my slingbox AV to Neno SE Premium and it is working ok with the IR remote. I think this proves that the AV box and the IR cable are okay.
I connected the new slingbox M1 to Zaaptv box and everything is ok and streaming except I was not able to install the bin file because.
1- The desktop sling player I was using is not compatible with slingbox M1.
2- The new version desktop sling player I installed and the online sling player both are not giving me the option of other manufacture to put the custom bin file we have.
My question, what should I do to install the custom bin file to my new M1 slingbox?
Thanks.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The danger of mixing so many different variables is that it makes it very hard to know which one to resolve.

In this case, you have 2 Slingboxes and 2 devices and one of the Slingboxes isn't compatible with your desktop software. yet the question that we're trying to answer is, do we have the right code for the Zaap device.

So, if you know that the AV works and you know how to load bin files into it, can you try using the AV to control the Zaap using the bin files that I created. Once we're proved that the bin files work, we can move onto figuring out how to make the M1 work with your PC.
ghobranios

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:58 pm    Post subject: Bin file for the new zaap cloodtv 4u. Reply with quote

The Zaaptv bin file definitely not working with AV box.
How I can install it in M1 box without giving me the option for other manufacture to put custom file?
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are apparently not following the installation instructions at http://placeshiftingenthusiasts.com/how-to-install-a-custom-remote-onto-the-slingbox/ They tell you exactly how to install a Custom remote on the M1
ghobranios

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:09 am    Post subject: Bin file for the new zaap cloodtv 4u. Reply with quote

Thank you very much, I installed the last bin file C2010 in Slingbox M1 and it's working great. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Thank you Rob Thank you Alanrichey.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you save all the previous bin files that I made? Now that you know how to load and test a code, can you go back and test the other bin files that I generated as I would really like to know which ones work and which ones don't.

The first file used the regular NEC1 protocol with no modifications. At the very least the repeating buttons (like the arrow buttons) should work but I would like to know if the other buttons work too.

The second file used an executor that I made, which is more efficient than the official UEI executor. It doesn't make a difference to you with a Slingbox, but it would be beneficial for people loading this into a remote where they would like the ability to save space and maybe use keymoves.

The last file uses the official UEI executor.
ghobranios

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:48 pm    Post subject: Bin file for the new zaap cloodtv 4u. Reply with quote

The first file which I replaced with the modified one (S2010) and the last file (C2010) both are working for stop, play, pouse, up, down, right, left, channel up, channel down, manu and the numbers 0-9 .
The one before the last file (C2000) none of the buttons are working.
Sorry, I didn't save the first file because it was the same name and it was replaced by the modified one.
Thanks.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there buttons on those bins that you were expecting to work but didn't? Open the included RMDU file using RM and you can see what functions were supposed to be programmed to the rest of the buttons.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just loaded a new zip file that has all three versions included.

S2001 - uses NEC1
S2002 - uses my hacked protocol
S2003 - uses the official UEI protocol

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13678

When you test the S2001 file, at the very least the arrow buttons and the channel up/down buttons should work, but I would like to know if any of the other buttons work.

In all 3 upgrades, in addition to the buttons that you confirmed work (stop, play, pause, arrows, ch+/-, menu, 0-9), the following should also work:

power
colors (red, green, etc)
setup
guide
format (resolution)
rewind
ffwd
skip +/-
last ch (back)
exit
cancel (delete)
custom11-14 (F1-F4)
custom15 (mouse on/off)
custom16 (mouse left click)
custom17 (mouse right click)

I also duplicated the volume buttons onto different buttons so you can test them:
page+ (vol+)
page- (vol-)
custom10 (mute)
ghobranios

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject: Bin file for the new zaap cloodtv 4u. Reply with quote

S2001 is the best version, power, colors, guide, rewind, ffwd, skip +/-, last ch (back) are working + what I mentioned it's working before.
S2002 none of the buttons are working.
S2003 the only extra button working maybe I forgot to put it is the power button and the rewind, ffwd, skip +/- freezes the video completely and I have to reset the zaap box to let it start again.
Thanks.
ghobranios

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject: Bin file for the new zaap cloodtv 4u. Reply with quote

Sorry, also page+ (vol+), page- (vol-) and custom10 (mute) are working in S2001.
Tanks.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good news that S2001 works because that's the simplest upgrade as it uses the standard NEC1 protocol. Thanks for testing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: