JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Is there an easy way to convert a NevoC2 config to ARRX18G?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CEDTV1999

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:35 pm    Post subject: Is there an easy way to convert a NevoC2 config to ARRX18G? Reply with quote

I want to "clone" the NevoC2 configuration. I have defined macros and activities. I want to make the Arrx18g the primary remote for the room. There does not appear to be a "master" remote specification on the (RMIR) "General" Tab. Instead, the remote is defined on each device definition.

Carl
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Graham will correct me, but I don't think so. You'll have to re-do your macros and activities from scratch. I just open two instances of RMIR and put them side by side. Save each device, then change it to the 18G.
CEDTV1999

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mdavej Smile

Side by side is what I have been doing. One thing that would be nice, if the "Activity Macro Editor" could have a replace option, just like the "Macro" editor dialog form Wink

Carl
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Maybe Graham will correct me

Yes he will Very Happy . The XSight Touch/Color, ARRX15G/18G and Nevo C2/C3 are essentially the same remote. If you save the setup of any of them as a .ir file by using File/Save As and changing the "Files of type:" drop-down selection to ""IR file (*.ir)", then you get a file in which the only thing that varies between these remotes is the [Signature] block at the beginning. You can open the .ir file with a text editor and edit this entry, which is the signature in ASCII code. For the Nevo C2 the value will be "55 53 42 38 30 30 36" for USB8006 and for the ARRX18G you need "55 53 42 38 30 30 35" for USB8005. You can get all the signatures from the names of the RDFs as they all begin with the signature. So edit this signature entry and load the edited file into RMIR. It should show up as the new remote and can be uploaded to it without further change. You lose any comments that are in the full .rmir file, but the setup itself is complete.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
mdavej wrote:
Maybe Graham will correct me

Yes he will Very Happy . The XSight Touch/Color, ARRX15G/18G and Nevo C2/C3 are essentially the same remote. If you save the setup of any of them as a .ir file by using File/Save As and changing the "Files of type:" drop-down selection to ""IR file (*.ir)", then you get a file in which the only thing that varies between these remotes is the [Signature] block at the beginning. You can open the .ir file with a text editor and edit this entry, which is the signature in ASCII code. For the Nevo C2 the value will be "55 53 42 38 30 30 36" for USB8006 and for the ARRX18G you need "55 53 42 38 30 30 35" for USB8005. You can get all the signatures from the names of the RDFs as they all begin with the signature. So edit this signature entry and load the edited file into RMIR. It should show up as the new remote and can be uploaded to it without further change. You lose any comments that are in the full .rmir file, but the setup itself is complete.

Why couldn't you do essentially the same thing by editing the rmir file then, and not lose any comments?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Why couldn't you do essentially the same thing by editing the rmir file then, and not lose any comments?

You can, but it is a lot more effort as both the name and signature of the remote occur multiple times in a .rmir file. If you want to keep two remotes in step, as CEDTV1999 seems to want to do, then you only want one master file in any case, and the simplest way to convert the setup to the other remote is through a .ir file as I described.
CEDTV1999

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
The Robman wrote:

You can, but it is a lot more effort as both the name and signature of the remote occur multiple times in a .rmir file. ...

Thanks guys for the details Smile

I used Windows WordPad to look at the rmir file. That editor handles ASCII, so USB8006 is clearly shown. Redundant data has always been a trip-wire in my world Rolling Eyes

Carl
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: