JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Extra commands needed for Sony Android TV 2015, with Kodi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tranx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:37 am    Post subject: Extra commands needed for Sony Android TV 2015, with Kodi Reply with quote

Our 2015 Sony Android 49X8309C Tv's own very basic remote can mainly control the app Kodi, which is installed on the Tv.
Therefore it can also be mostly controlled with a JP1 upgrade http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13447

It was encouraging to find that, in Kodi's virtual keyboards, the number commands already work to add digits so it is just the commands 'menu' or 'c', for the Context Menus, which are missing.
If possible, the direct character inputs, as from a remote IR keyboard, would also be invaluable.

As might be expected, an upgrade for the usual XBMC controller does not operate Kodi via the Sony Tv, and 'TVsideview' is 'Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.' which we do not have.

We have tried the Keymap Editor for Kodi itself but don't really understand why that does not help, if only for the missing commands, so perhaps you could advise about that.
Apart from the app mentioned above, there does not seem to be a remote keypad for 2015 Sony Tv's but Smile does someone already have a more comprehensive upgrade, or say how it might be safe to determine the right commands by modifying the one above, which mostly works?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your upgrade has 7 device codes in it (see list below), have you tried testing all the unused OBCs in each of those? (being aware that testing OBCs on TVs does carry a degree of risk).

Sony12 - dev 1
Sony12 - dev 26
Sony15 - dev 26
Sony15 - dev 119
Sony15 - dev 151
Sony15 - dev 164
Sony15 - dev 196

Are you sure that the TV uses device code 26 from both the Sony12 and Sony15 protocols, or is that a typo? I've linked the device codes above to our Sony page, if we have that device code documented.
tranx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Your upgrade has 7 device codes in it (see list below), have you tried testing all the unused OBCs in each of those? (being aware that testing OBCs on TVs does carry a degree of risk).

Sony12 - dev 1
Sony12 - dev 26
Sony15 - dev 26
Sony15 - dev 119
Sony15 - dev 151
Sony15 - dev 164
Sony15 - dev 196

Are you sure that the TV uses device code 26 from both the Sony12 and Sony15 protocols, or is that a typo? I've linked the device codes above to our Sony page, if we have that device code documented.
Thanks Rob. In fact those functions with device code 26 from both Sony12 and Sony15 protocols are left-overs which don't work with our Tv. I think they were present in other Sony Tv upgrade/s which I had plagiarised, so they were commented accordingly.

I will check out the links you kindly provided (at first glance they look great) and thanks for the reminder about testing the unused OBCs in the other device codes. I guess the limit is 256, is that right?
The protocol 12 device code 1 has OBCs from 0 to 9 for the digits and there are some spaces above 9, although I can't straight away see a set which is the size of the alphabet...
To not try re-inventing the wheel, or end up breaking the Tv, I am still hoping someone might have already solved the problem Smile
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally there are 256 OBCs (ie, 0 - 255) but Sony uses a 7-bit command code, so there are only 128 for them (ie, 0 - 127), so less to test for you.

And I just looked down the list of codes on that Sony page and I don't see any EEPROM RESET type codes that might cause you trouble, so I assume there aren't any such dangerous codes for Sony TVs, unless anyone else knows different.

Having said that, if you do use a code that brings up a strange menu on the screen, just make a note of it but don't change anything on the screen, or you could mess up your color balance or something like that.
tranx

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That info was a great help thank you

PS I did find a command to bring up the picture settings and one for demo mode but unfortunately nothing useful for controlling the onscreen keyboard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: