JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help with Aiwa AVX200

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fkngstpd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:10 pm    Post subject: Need Help with RM and old Audio Receiver Reply with quote

Hey Remote Masters!

I have been trying to get an old Aiwa receiver AVX200 to work with a newer comcast remote 1067BX3 (dark grey with red ok button).

In LA with Time Warner Cable, their remote I was able to program to the receiver with setup code 1405. The comcast remote, however, doesnt seem to have this setup code or any that work with my Aiwa receiver.

After searching and reading these forums, I tried to use RemoteMaster to load http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=59 and get the EFC5 codes for my comcast remote. But the ones it outputs dont work when I try them. I just loaded the file and changed the remote to Comcast DVR URC-1067Bx3 JP1.3 then clicked ok through the lost function dialog box. Am I missing something?

Does anyone have any advice? Thank you very much.

( I also still have the original remote, and the time warner cable remote, just FYI.) I wouldnt mind just using the time warner remote, does anyone know if it can be programmed to an X1 comcast box?
fkngstpd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject: Help with Aiwa AVX200 Reply with quote

Subject: Aiwa AVX200 Receiver

1. Device: Aiwa AVX200
2. Type of device: Receiver
3. Year: 90s
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: Comcast 1067BX3
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? No
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? 1405 worked on my TWC remote
10. Learning remote question? n/a
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? Yes, EFCs dont work

Hey Guys, sorry I am a newblestiltskin. I am trying to get my comcast remote to work for this old Aiwa receiver. Yea I should really get a new receiver but hand me downs are the best for us poor folk! In LA, I was able to program my TWC remote with setup code 1405 and it controlled basic functions of the receiver. The comcast remote, however, I am not able to program.

When I look at the JP1 Lookup Tool list and try the EFCs they do not work. I also tried loading this file http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=59 into RemoteMaster and selecting my remote but it gives the same EFCs as Vicky's Lookup Tool.

Reading this post http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=67411 gives me hope that I should be able to accomplish my goal. But I dont really understand what is being discussed here. This guy is making an upgrade for his remote that will pass over the JP1 cable right? I suppose I could buy a cable but they are expensive. I was hoping to just get EFCs that work for power and volume, but Im not sure this is possible.

Anyone have any advice? Thank you much for the help. I think Im getting a little better with JP1 at least, starting to learn and understand a bit.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the TWC remote is UEI, then yes, 01982 will work if you first unlock the CBL button per the Wiki.

So you used AUD 1405 with EFC 15674 for Power, for example?
fkngstpd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try that for the TWC remote, I was being newbish I guess and didnt realize i had to unlock it first. Ill try to figure that out.

I did try that Power EFC and it didnt work. But I am not sure I am doing it correctly. On the comcast remote the setup codes are 5 digits long, so I tried 01405, 11405, 21405, and 31405, and none of them are recognized. So I am not sure how to get AUD setup code 1405 in there. To try the EFC i just pushed the AUX button, then pushed setup, then typed 15674 holding down the last key. The AUX blinks rapidly like its trying to send that code but nothing happens.

Thanks so much mdavej for the reply!
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

31405 is the correct setup code. But I took another look and unfortunately it doesn't exist in that remote. Neither does any other compatible code. You'll have to use your other remote or get a JP1 cable to load the codes ($8 on ebay).
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post is in the Discrete Codes forum, so I think we just assumed you already had a working setup code and just wanted to program some additional buttons, hence your search for EFC5 codes. But re-reading everything, I see this is really a code search request, so it should really have been posted in the Code Search forum using the standard template.

EFC codes are a way of programming individual buttons in an otherwise working setup or upgrade, they are meaningless outside of that construct, so you can't use them with some random setup code.
fkngstpd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRobman: thanks I appreciate the reply. I posted a new thread in the code search forum. After trying and trying I kind of assumed that EFCs wouldnt work without the setup code in the remote, but its nice to actually hear that from someone as its not explicitly stated anywhere.

mdavej: thanks for the advice, I did unlock the TWC remote, then program it with 1982 and it works for my X1 comcast box now. So I am a happy camper that I at least have 1 remote running all my stuff.

As for the original request, I still will try to make an upgrade for my comcast remote since now I am just intrigued by all of this. The only thing I am missing is a JP1.3 cable. I havent been able to find any to buy for less than $20 but I might try to just make my own too. I found another post of a guy trying to make the upgrade for his aiwa avx220 receiver which I assume prolly used the same remote as mine so Im gonna see if I can make sense of that. I copied a link to his post in my code search thread. Thanks again you guys!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the 1405 code works in your other remote, that confirms that your AVX200 uses the same codeset as my old DV75 that you found the upgrade for, so if you were to load that upgrade into your current remote, it would work. But you would need to buy or build a JP1 cable.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I split off the FTDI cable topic here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16360
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: