JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Setup Code
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steven Kovacs

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
The only way the function makes it to the remote is if the function is assigned to a button and if the function was not assigned as a keymove, then the setup code must be assigned to a device.

Understood. Thanks.
Steven Kovacs

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Steve, I can tell from the type of questions that you are asking that you haven't done much reading up on JP1 yet. You really should check out the wiki (link at the top of every page), especially the RM "how to" that I gave you the link to earlier.

Hi Rob;

I have read and studied the RM how to file and JP1 Just How Easy is it file numerous times. I could not formulate the questions I have been asking without reading the how to files. The how to files for a newbie are not crystal clear. To understand some of the info it assumes you already know a lot which in the case of someone starting from the very begin such as myself, it can be very difficult. The good news is that thanks to everyone's help and patience I can now accomplish what I set out to do and that is capture discrete codes on my Time Warner UEI remote then learn those codes into the URC MX50 remotes I use in my home. I am so very grateful for everyone's help. When I first looked at this I thought I will never understand this. You people,e are the best.

Thanks;

Steven Kovacs
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the stuff that you have figured out, can u help us re-word the Wiki stuff so that it is more clear, because for sure, we probably assume stuff without even knowing that we're assuming it
Steven Kovacs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:13 am    Post subject: Re-word Wiki File Reply with quote

I would love to help. Can you send me the link to the wiki file. I will let you know where I think the gaps are. This is good. I hope I can make it easier for other people that want to learn.

Steven Kovacs
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link to the wiki is at the top of every page
Steven Kovacs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I will be in touch when I have something to offer.

Steven Kovacs
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: