JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-6440/OARUSB04G Extender 1.04 now available
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has turned out to be caused by a bug in RMIR that has been present ever since I created the extenders for the OARUSB04G. It affects only the OARUSB04G 4000 with signature 257604 and not the version named without the 4000 that has signature 257601. It also does not affect any of the versions of the European equivalent, the URC6440. I believe other users have come across this problem but no-one before you has posted enough information for me to investigate it. It must somehow also have escaped my own testing when I created the extender. So thank you, zhezhang, very much for bringing it to my attention with enough information for me to locate and resolve it.

It is fixed in development build 5 of RMIR v2.08. This is available as an upgrade to any earlier build of RMIR v2.08 but not to v2.07 or earlier versions. It is posted in the RMIR Development folder. To install it, just download the zip package and unzip it into the installation folder for the earlier build, replacing any files with the same name.

Please try it and let us know whether or not this now solves your problem.
zhezhang

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:32 pm    Post subject: writeRemote returned -1- Fixed Reply with quote

mathdon

Just downloaded RMIR v. 2.08 build 5. It worked!

In my past life, I was a design engineer/manager in a small power supply company. We do custom designs for others. Besides making a good design, my goal was to document everything (especially when there is a problem), so 10 years down the road, a different group of guys can still understand what we did. It payed off at the time, and it payed off this time as well.

Thanks again.
Lurker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the wonderful extender. I have some questions.

1. Macros run much slower than I am used to with other extenders. Is there any way to reduce the 300ms delay between steps? Most devices are able to respond faster than this, and no delay at all is needed when signalling different devices.

2. The only way I see to reduce the 250ms signal length is to include HOLD # in every single macro? Can there be a per-device or global setting?

3. I downloaded the latest v1.04 from the file section, but the documentation says WARNING: THIS IS A BETA VERSION OF THE 8820 EXTENDER, IT IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. Is this correct?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the answers to your questions.

1. I am aware of this issue with macros, but it is a property of the remote as programmed by UEI and cannot be changed.

2. There is no prospect of any further version of these extenders, so there cannot be a per-device or global setting.

3. Please post a link, or give me more details, of where you have seen this warning. The URC6440/OARUSB04G extenders have nothing to do with any 8820 extender and are not subject to change. Are you sure you have downloaded an extender for the correct remote?
Lurker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your response.

The document title is "Extender v1.04 for the OARUSB04G", but the label on the title bar says the WARNING instead.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a link to the document ?
Lurker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13501

OARUSB04G Extender v1.04 Manual.pdf
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have downloaded this again, in case there has been any corruption, but I still cannot see the warning you mention. If I open the manual in Acrobat Reader, the title bar says "OARUSB04G Extender v1.04 Manual.pdf". You seem to make a distinction between the document title and a label on the title bar, but if there is some label other than the text displayed on the title bar, I don't know how to find it.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same thing on a fresh download of the file
Here is a screen shot
Mouse pointer is at location of warning
Here is the link in the dignoses area

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25678[/img]
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what further to say or do, other than in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, version 2019.021.20048 on Windows 10, this warning does not appear. I have never had anything to do with an 8820 extender, I have no idea how such a warning can have got into the file and no idea why I do not see it.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:11 am    Post subject: URC-6440/OARUSB04G Extender 1.04 now available Reply with quote

In my linux it does not show up in Xpdf
But it does show up in Document Viewer, Atril Document Viewer, and Okular
Must be the readers that see it but how it got there is one heck of a mystery
Lurker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open the pdf in Chrome or Firefox, they both show the warning.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
I have downloaded this again, in case there has been any corruption, but I still cannot see the warning you mention. If I open the manual in Acrobat Reader, the title bar says "OARUSB04G Extender v1.04 Manual.pdf". You seem to make a distinction between the document title and a label on the title bar, but if there is some label other than the text displayed on the title bar, I don't know how to find it.

Graham, I don't see the warning when I open it in Adobe Reader, but if you go to File > Properties, you will see the warning in the Title box.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Graham, I don't see the warning when I open it in Adobe Reader, but if you go to File > Properties, you will see the warning in the Title box.

Thanks Wink , I can now find it, and I see that it is present in the original .doc file from which I created the PDF, though how it got there is beyond me. The next question is: is it worth doing anything about it? It's probably present in the files of all the URC6440/OARUSB04G extenders and has never been noticed, or at least commented on, before. My view is that it is not worth the effort of modifying them all, though I will listen to other views.
Lurker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
The next question is: is it worth doing anything about it?

That's up to you, I don't need it fixed. I just thought I'd bring it to your attention, since it was the first thing I saw when I opened the doc, and it made me question whether I had downloaded the right file.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: