JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-6440/OARUSB04G Extender 1.04 now available
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has turned out to be caused by a bug in RMIR that has been present ever since I created the extenders for the OARUSB04G. It affects only the OARUSB04G 4000 with signature 257604 and not the version named without the 4000 that has signature 257601. It also does not affect any of the versions of the European equivalent, the URC6440. I believe other users have come across this problem but no-one before you has posted enough information for me to investigate it. It must somehow also have escaped my own testing when I created the extender. So thank you, zhezhang, very much for bringing it to my attention with enough information for me to locate and resolve it.

It is fixed in development build 5 of RMIR v2.08. This is available as an upgrade to any earlier build of RMIR v2.08 but not to v2.07 or earlier versions. It is posted in the RMIR Development folder. To install it, just download the zip package and unzip it into the installation folder for the earlier build, replacing any files with the same name.

Please try it and let us know whether or not this now solves your problem.
zhezhang

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:32 pm    Post subject: writeRemote returned -1- Fixed Reply with quote

mathdon

Just downloaded RMIR v. 2.08 build 5. It worked!

In my past life, I was a design engineer/manager in a small power supply company. We do custom designs for others. Besides making a good design, my goal was to document everything (especially when there is a problem), so 10 years down the road, a different group of guys can still understand what we did. It payed off at the time, and it payed off this time as well.

Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: