JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Maspro DT70

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tramtrist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:03 am    Post subject: Maspro DT70 Reply with quote

Hello all.
I'm looking for a Maspro DT70 bin or similar if anything like it exists. It's a Japanese HD Cablebox.
Thanks ahead of time.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you will find I am the only person working in this area and I have already answered over at the Slingbox Forum. Good luck though, you might be lucky.
tramtrist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Alan
For some reason I can no longer reply to that thread. It has thrown an error ever since I posted the thread.. Bizarre.
Anyway the DT400 didnt work. I tried all the other "Other" codes as well. All 475 or so of them and none of them worked either.
I bought a JP1 remote and ordered a USB widget so I'm hoping to get this up and running when I receive the goods. I'm in Japan so no telling when they'll get here.
When I get some better results I'll post them here.

Thanks again for your help
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good, be interested in the results. One of the usual reasons for problems replying on that forum is that you have only defined one name when you signed up, instead of a first name and a second name.
tramtrist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... I finally received the remote and cable. I have a whole host of issues.
The remote I bought is 67100BA-1 AOC branded remote which is also branded by Insignia (I think).
First issue is I cannot get the remote to learn from any other remote. Did I buy a remote which cannot learn from another remote? This would be my first issue.
The second issue is the USB cable I bought from DIYGADGET does not work in any computer I try it on. I have installed and re-installed a whole host of drivers but nothing seems to work. It keeps showing up as an Unknown Device. I've got a ticket open with DIYGADGET or whatever company actually sold me the cable.

Pretty frustrating. If anyone has any advice I'd be glad to take it Embarassed
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't really help I'm afraid. Never used a remote so someone else will have to answer that. As for the widget, I think it will always show up as an Unknown Device and it won;t so any handshaking. The only thing that happens is that when I plugged it in it created a virtual Com Port (17 in my case), which I can see in Device manager. I assume you have run IRScope and made sure it doesn't recognise it ?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no mention of learning in the manual.
http://us.aoc.com/support/documents/pdf/documents/259

DIYGadgets cables are often problematic.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to stand up for Tommy here Very Happy I have had 3 IR widgets off him and they have all worked first time with no problem.

And I just checked with Device Manager open and when I plugged in my widget all that happens is that a new entry marked "COM & LPT Ports" is created and if I open it it shows a new virtual COM port 17. So there is no specific driver for the IR Widget it simply needs a COM Port so it can communicate with IRScope.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: