JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help with Asus O!Play

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickdan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:27 am    Post subject: Help with Asus O!Play Reply with quote

Hi! If this is not the right place (website/forum/subforum, whatever) to post such question, please let me know.

I have a Asus O!Play Mini device, but my remote control is not working. So I am trying to use an universal remote controller, a Silvercrest SFB 10.1 C3.

The problem is that in the code list that came with the Silvercrest universal remote controller there is not a single Asus device. How can I turn around my problem? I really dont understand anything about universal remote controllers, etc. Thanks for helping Smile

If needed I can post links both for Asus O!Play and Silvercrest remote control.

Thanks a lot
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi RickDan
Your Silvercrest remote probably isn't a UEI Jp1 remote and so you're very limited in what you can do. This forum specializes in UEI remotes. These inexpensive remotes have some remarkable features. Specifically the ability to create keymoves from the keypad and load upgrades with special cables

Perhaps if your silvercrest is a learning remote you might be able to learn signals from somebody else's aces product

Good luck

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a very nice remote, but as Vicky said, not UEI, so we can't help much. But it does appear to have a learning feature, according to the manual below. Unfortunately, that means you need a working Asus remote or other universal to learn from.

http://www.lidl-service.com/static/5682729/55975_EN_DA.pdf

Here's another thread about the technical details of the Asus codes:
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-one4all/thread.cgi?5630

Just keep in mind, none of that applies to your remote.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, the Asus O!play (both first version and hd2) use the NEC1 protocol, devicenumber 108, subdevice 104.

Some keys:
power_toggle 86
display 84

I will list the rest on request.

(According to the quoted thread, there is an update in the file section here.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: