JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-6440/OARUSB04G Extender 1.03 now available
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tranx

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon Thank you, that is great, and ncoig, thanks for wanting it!

With a global DSM (LKP with a macro only on the short press) on WatchMovie3, that still appears as a DSM, even after trying to do the bit in italics which follows: "It is possible to create a global DSM in this way, and if you save and re-load a .rmir file it will remain a global DSM, but if you upload to the remote and download again it will appear on the normal Macros tab as a global DSM simply a normal global macro. Every other global special function will download and still show on the Special Functions tab."

Did you mean '...download again (from the remote)...' please?
ncoig

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
ncoig wrote:
when using Shifted Keys in global macros, or the shifted "OK" button, (and likely others) when the macro is created, all appears as normal. However, if you edit the button sequence, it changes (at least, it appears to) the assigned key to "0" and both SHIFT and XSHIFT are grey-checked.

This is a bug and I have now fixed it.

This would appear to still be present, not that I can't live with it, given everything else. Smile
ncoig

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ncoig"]
mathdon wrote:
. For Special Functions it is now possible to set the device button to <none>. Please try it and report back.

I think I may have found a small "gotcha" -- if I have a global macro that contains the button that also has a global LKP, it doesn't seem to operate at all. if I shift-cloak the button in the macro, a command is sent, but not the correct one. Just a note.

-N
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tranx wrote:
Did you mean '...download again (from the remote)

Yes, and it applies only to special functions where the type box says DSM. An LKP with only one macro is a different thing altogether.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ncoig wrote:
This would appear to still be present, not that I can't live with it

Please post a .rmir file in which this occurs and tell me what function has this behaviour, as I have tested again and it seems to be OK for me.

Quote:
if I have a global macro that contains the button that also has a global LKP, it doesn't seem to operate at all.

Again, please post the file. I don't quite understand what situation you are describing. I presume you are not trying to call the global LKP from within a macro, since you now know that will not work.
ncoig

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
ncoig wrote:
This would appear to still be present, not that I can't live with it

Please post a .rmir file in which this occurs and tell me what function has this behaviour, as I have tested again and it seems to be OK for me.

Quote:
if I have a global macro that contains the button that also has a global LKP, it doesn't seem to operate at all.

Again, please post the file. I don't quite understand what situation you are describing. I presume you are not trying to call the global LKP from within a macro, since you now know that will not work.

OK, so these were related issues - when I initially had the global macro, I didn't shift cloak the command, so it didn't work. When I then cloaked it, the bug from paragraph 1, above, manifested and changed the commands to SHIFT-0 and XSHIFT-0, which rendered the command useless.

So, that said, here's the file, I verified the bug was present before posting. There are only two macros present, and it presents in both.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13485

Thanks!

-N
tranx

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
tranx wrote:
Did you mean '...download again (from the remote)
Yes, and it applies only to special functions where the type box says DSM. An LKP with only one macro is a different thing altogether.
Aha - I see that it is only a DSM which does not need a new device category <none> (because in that case it might just as well have been constructed in the macro editor in the first place),
and that the point is, since DSMs happen to have <none> available, the upload/download method is there to tidy things up, but shouldn't normally be needed.
At least I found that e.g. a global LKP, could (more usefully Smile ) work as intended
tranx

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ncoig wrote:
mathdon wrote:
ncoig wrote:
when using Shifted Keys in global macros, or the shifted "OK" button, (and likely others) when the macro is created, all appears as normal. However, if you edit the button sequence, it changes (at least, it appears to) the assigned key to "0" and both SHIFT and XSHIFT are grey-checked.
This is a bug and I have now fixed it.
This would appear to still be present, not that I can't live with it, given everything else. Smile

With revised OARUSB04G, and with 6440, I still find this problem too.
There is No problem when first setting up a macro with a shifted-key-binding, or in the Key Chooser (where the problem can be corrected).
As ncoig has said, it happens upon opening the editor for a global macro which has been bound to a shifted key
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have re-posted the revision that supports global special functions. It now includes the files for both the URC-6440 and OARUSB04G and a further revision of the RMIR .jar file. The files for the OARUSB04G are unchanged from yesterday's posting.

I'm sorry that in my desire to resolve it, I was too hasty with the changes concerning shifted keys in the Key Chooser and dialog boxes. It turns out that essentially the same change needed to be made in a series of separate locations. I had thought that the Key Chooser fix resolved the dialogs too, but I didn't test that and each relevant dialog box needed its own fix. I think I have now caught them all.

ncoig wrote:
I think I may have found a small "gotcha" -- if I have a global macro that contains the button that also has a global LKP, it doesn't seem to operate at all. if I shift-cloak the button in the macro, a command is sent, but not the correct one. Just a note.

Obviously I cannot look into this, ncoig, as the file you posted does not work. For some reason you have posted a file in which you have removed everything except two macros. No upgrades, special functions or anything that those macros call. If you want me to look into a problem, please post a working file.
tranx

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
I have re-posted the revision that supports global special functions. It now includes the files for both the URC-6440 and OARUSB04G and a further revision of the RMIR .jar file. The files for the OARUSB04G are unchanged from yesterday's posting....
Thank you for the revisions for the URC6440 Extender and RMIR.
I confirm that Hold:(device) and in Special Functions Device=<none> work with 6440 Mr. Green as they did with OARUSB04G, and that the problem with editing a macro on a shifted button is fixed.
ncoig

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:

ncoig wrote:

Obviously I cannot look into this, ncoig, as the file you posted does not work. For some reason you have posted a file in which you have removed everything except two macros. No upgrades, special functions or anything that those macros call. If you want me to look into a problem, please post a working file.

I realize this may be confusing, but as I reported:

ncoig wrote:

OK, so these were related issues - when I initially had the global macro, I didn't shift cloak the command, so it didn't work. When I then cloaked it, the bug from paragraph 1, above, manifested and changed the commands to SHIFT-0 and XSHIFT-0, which rendered the command useless.

So, that said, here's the file, I verified the bug was present before posting. There are only two macros present, and it presents in both.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13485

This file was only meant to show that when you edit the macro, the key is changed to "XSHIFT-0" instead of retaining the desired key. The fact that the macro did not execute was because of this unintended change to the key assignment, not the extender's inability to process the macro.

I left everything out because it wasn't needed to illustrate that bug and I didn't want to bury the issue amongst other things. Smile

-N
ncoig

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:

I'm sorry that in my desire to resolve it, I was too hasty with the changes concerning shifted keys in the Key Chooser and dialog boxes. It turns out that essentially the same change needed to be made in a series of separate locations. I had thought that the Key Chooser fix resolved the dialogs too, but I didn't test that and each relevant dialog box needed its own fix. I think I have now caught them all.

You're referring to the unintended key assignment change here?

-N
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ncoig wrote:
mathdon wrote:

You're referring to the unintended key assignment change here?

-N

Yes. It didn't just affect the macro dialog, it also affected the dialogs for key moves, special functions and learned signals. Each dialog repeated essentially the same code and the same fix needed to be repeated in each of them.
ncoig

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:

Yes. It didn't just affect the macro dialog, it also affected the dialogs for key moves, special functions and learned signals. Each dialog repeated essentially the same code and the same fix needed to be repeated in each of them.

Thank you for your diligence!

-N
wkeith

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks like exactly what I wanted

Thanks so much

Keith
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: