JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Xfinity/Comcast Remote Upgrade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kawamatt2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:35 pm    Post subject: Xfinity/Comcast Remote Upgrade Reply with quote

Device: Windows Media Center
Type of Device: Media Player
Year: 2014
JP1/UEI Remote Model: Similar to URC1067Bx3
Do you have a JP1 cable: Yes
Still have the original remote: Yes
Checked file section: Yes, nothing found
Checked Pronto file section (at R/C): Yes, nothing found
Partially working setup code: No
Learning remote question: No
Have you tried the JP1 lookup tool? Yes, nothing found

Don't think this is technically the correct section to be asking about an unsupported remote but I recently purchased an Xfinity URC1067Bx3 lookalike remote (platinum colored case instead of light grey) to add to the bedroom. I am using a URC1067Bx3 remote successfully in the living room with WMC and a Vizio LCD tv. Have an XBOX and Vizio LCD tv in the bedroom. I had planned to simply upload my working RMIR upgrade file to the new Xfinity remote.

Unfortunately the Xfinity remote (although having identical buttons and looking the same) will not accept the URC1067Bx3 upgrade and RMIR returns a "writeRemote returned -1". Attempting to download the stock file from the remote yields a "No RDF matches signature starting 2556" message. The remote has this printed on the white sticker behind the batteries: RC1475511/01B 11941
Can anyone help me figure out if I will be able to use this remote with RMIR?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a 1067BC4, which is a JP2 remote. You'll need RMIR version 2.03 to be able to communicate with the remote.

If you have a custom protocol executor for the BX3, it won't be usable in the BC4, since the microprocessors are different. But you shouldn't need a a custom executor for your components.
kawamatt2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, thank you! I just couldn't figure out which remote it was. Downloaded the newest version of RM and was able to rebuild my upgrade.

One thing I am having trouble with on this remote is the ALL_ON button doesn't function like it does on the 1067Bx3 when I assign a keymove to it. On the Bx3, I keymove to a phantom button which then runs a macro. The BC4 doesn't seem to recognize the keymove assigned to ALL_ON and instead actually cycles power to all input devices as it did stock.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own one of these. On mine, the All-On button accepts either a macro directly or a keymove. Each step in a macro is sent 3 times, and the keymove is sent twice.

However, as you've seen, if the keymove is referencing a button with an assigned macro, the remote ignores the keymove.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: