JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How to set a Nevo C2 to Shut Down everything with PWR button

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smitbret

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:48 am    Post subject: How to set a Nevo C2 to Shut Down everything with PWR button Reply with quote

Just about set up with my Nevo C2 as a replacement for my aging Harmony 700 but it still needs a few finishing touches to be completely Wife and Children friendly. The biggest is how to make the PWR button do more than just shut off the TV.

My system:
TV
Dish Hopper
HTPC (Kodi)
Soundbar

What ends up happening is that when they get done watching TV and hit the power button, the sound continues through the soundbar.

I would prefer to actually leave the soundbar on but just go to a "mute" state since the Nevo doesn't seem to remember the status of devices. I leave the HTPC on all of the time and I don't care if the Dish Hopper goes on or off since power consumption is pretty much the same either way.

My entire universal remote experience is the Wizard that Logitech uses for Harmony and now RMIR for the Nevo C2, so be gentle. I have heard of Macros but I am not sure how to apply them and I am not even sure this is a "Macro Situation".

Thanks for any suggestions.
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you went to the EZ-RC web site to do your initial setup, it probably already created a "Good Night" activity that is what you want. I not, you can set it up yourself. It can be named "All Off" instead of "Good Night" if you want. The key thing is that this function is set up as an activity. I don't think it can be put on the PWR button.
smitbret

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pH7_jp1 wrote:
If you went to the EZ-RC web site to do your initial setup, it probably already created a "Good Night" activity that is what you want. I not, you can set it up yourself. It can be named "All Off" instead of "Good Night" if you want. The key thing is that this function is set up as an activity. I don't think it can be put on the PWR button.

I saw that when I went through EZ-RC but I never programmed it in because I didn't want it to be a soft key. Just trying to keep the WAF high and I just don't think that will fly with the soft keys. So, is the power button simply dedicated to the TV, then?

The more and more I dig into this, the more it seems like I have to choose between a truly programmable remote that is built like crap (Harmony) or a well-built remote with programmable limits (Nevo C2).
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do whatever you want with Power. I just don't remember how to do it in EZ-RC. Has less limitations than Harmony.

Soft buttons aren't really soft. Only the label is.
danorum

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I created a macro called Turn All Off and mapped it to the power button in each activity.

It has commands to turn off each component and a final command to show the home screen on the remote. It has all off commands in it (not just ones from different activites). That way if I switch activities and then hit the power button, everything gets turned off.

Dan
smitbret

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
You can do whatever you want with Power. I just don't remember how to do it in EZ-RC. Has less limitations than Harmony.

Soft buttons aren't really soft. Only the label is.

Right. I am not using EZ-RC anymore. I am getting familiar with RMIR instead. You are saying it's possible with RMIR?

Also, I can't tell if you were joking about the Soft Keys...... I thought "Soft Key" was a generic term for the multiple use keys via the LCD screen.
smitbret

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danorum wrote:
I created a macro called Turn All Off and mapped it to the power button in each activity.

It has commands to turn off each component and a final command to show the home screen on the remote. It has all off commands in it (not just ones from different activites). That way if I switch activities and then hit the power button, everything gets turned off.

Dan

Yes, this is what I am looking for.

I am completely new to Macros. How do I do this? My impression is that the C2 doesn't track the power and input status of the individual devices and I would actually rather leave the HTPC and Soundbar always on. How would I set up a Macro to just turn off the TV and Mute the Soundbar?
danorum

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to the macros tab.

Create new macro and name it.

Add commands for
TV: PowerOff
Soundbar: Mute

Because you are using Mute, you need to make sure all of your other activities include the "unmute" command.

Then go to your activity and for Power change from a device to the macro you created.
smitbret

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danorum wrote:
Go to the macros tab.

Create new macro and name it.

Add commands for
TV: PowerOff
Soundbar: Mute

Because you are using Mute, you need to make sure all of your other activities include the "unmute" command.

Then go to your activity and for Power change from a device to the macro you created.

Thank you. Just what I was looking for. For the "Bound Key", would I set that for the Samsung TV and Power?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: