JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

General questions about Nevo C2 / XSight Colour

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickety

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:32 am    Post subject: General questions about Nevo C2 / XSight Colour Reply with quote

I have recently got 3 of these and am in the process of retiring a 15-1994 and 2 x URC 8910.

I have got the simplest system set up and it has generated a couple of questions about these remotes.

1) Some soft buttons are screen width (in Activities) for example allowing for 3 on screen whereas in a device, they are half width allowing for 6 to be visible concurrently. Is there a way to get Activities to half width?

2) At my "Finish" (Goodnight) activity it would be nice to be able to get the remote to the start Activities screen. Is there a way to do that?
<edited> I can see the Button:Activities in the macro or activity list, but when my activity ends with that it makes no difference and stays with the Finish activity's Assist and soft buttons showing on the display

3) In my Watch DVD and Watch Satellite activities, there is no need to any Assist options. In VCR there is only a need for Power assist (as it only has a toggle) - is there a way to hide the Assist layer and/or one of more of the specific assists (which are greyed out when empty)

I am quite pleased with the Nevo so far, and extremely grateful to the effort put into supporting it on RMIR. It will be pretty interesting getting it to handle the main room systems as they are currently managed by one of the 8910s with Extender 2e. I bought 3 so that the use of the TVs around the house can be consistent.
MrMoody

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) In a word, no. The firmware is hard coded to do that.

2) Also no. Button:Home works but the others do not.

3) Sounds like you haven't updated the firmware on your Nevos. You need to go to ez-rc.com with Internet Explorer (no other browser will work properly), install the ez-rc driver*, connect and let each remote update. After updating, an empty Assist won't show a button.

*Warning: if you are using Windows 8.1 you need to make a registry change after installing the driver but before connecting remotes. Older Windows work fine.
rickety

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks MrMoody for the quick and helpful reply.

I have now done the firmware update and the "empty" Assist buttons are no longer there.

On the Ez-rc site I had assumed that the failures were because the devices are "no longer supported" and had not realised that the site would not work with Chrome. The symptoms on the site (for other potential Nevo newbies like me) was that it accepted my email address and said it was already used!

I am still on Windows 7 and will be jumping to Windows 10 when available. We shall see whether there is a similar issue with that version.

Although my Sharp VCR does not have a Discrete Off, there is a Discrete on in Code 0048 and so I have crafted a pseudo discrete Off with a PowerOn, PWR sequence and it behaves well. As a result, I do not currently have any Assists anymore.

Thanks again
jim_henry_esq
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickety wrote:
I am still on Windows 7 and will be jumping to Windows 10 when available. We shall see whether there is a similar issue with that version.

There are issues with Windows 10 and also Windows 8 I believe. I know Windows 10 and probably Windows 8 have issues when you do a firmware update. The update hangs part way through. Apparently this can be worked around using a registry edit. I moved to an old Vista system when I hit the issue. This is just a heads up that there are issues with newer versions of Windows and IE. If you run into these, you'll need to look elsewhere for solutions.
tranx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickety wrote:
... will be jumping to Windows 10 when available...

Good luck with that!

After lots of encouragement and claims that 10 would work our laptop, when we tried to go from windows 7 to 10 it failed and reversion also failed Surprised

It was lucky that we had a recent image of 7 to be able to get back to normal again so before you try it do backup & restore> create a system image, just in case the same thing happens
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: