JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10) and RMIR no longer works?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject: Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10) and RMIR no longer works? Reply with quote

I recently upgraded my mac to Yosemite, MacOS X 10.10. I went to try to do some JP1 work last night and I can't get it to download/upload from the remote. It did work last time I tried but I can't even think of everything that has changed on the machine since I think I was running MacOS X Mavericks when I last did anything but it may have been Mountain Lion. All are 64-bit versions of Mac OS.

Thinking that something was messed up from the upgrade I went and fetched the latest tools (2.03alpha 27, DecodeIR, jp1serial, RDF's, etc) and the latest Java run time but still no love.

I've installed the latest drivers from FTDI for the serial cable and according to their installation the device is there, I can see it in the "system profiler" USB tree. I'm using one of Tommy's JP1.3 cables with the flashing LEDs that do flash when I plug it in.

When I fire up RMIR and then check the error file I find this:

Code:

RemoteMaster v2.03 Alpha 27c
System Properties:
   java.version = 1.8.0_31
   java.vendor = Oracle Corporation
   os.name = Mac OS X
   os.arch = x86_64
   java.home = /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home
   java.class.path = /Users/billjackson/Desktop/JP1-New/RemoteMaster/RemoteMaster.jar
Adding to classpath: file:/Users/billjackson/Desktop/JP1-New/RemoteMaster/

... removed all of the protocol loading information ...

libraryFolder=/Users/billjackson/Desktop/JP1-New/RemoteMaster/Mac OS X-x86_64
LibraryLoader: Java version '1.8.0_31' from '/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home' running on 'Mac OS X' (x86_64)
LibraryLoader: Attempting to load 'jp12serial' from '/Users/billjackson/Desktop/JP1-New/RemoteMaster/Mac OS X-x86_64/libjp12serial.dylib'...
LibraryLoader: Failed to load 'jp12serial' from '/Users/billjackson/Desktop/JP1-New/RemoteMaster/Mac OS X-x86_64/libjp12serial.dylib'
LibraryLoader: Java version '1.8.0_31' from '/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home' running on 'Mac OS X' (x86_64)
LibraryLoader: Attempting to load 'jp12serial' from java library path...
LibraryLoader: Java library path is '/Users/billjackson/Library/Java/Extensions:/Library/Java/Extensions:/Network/Library/Java/Extensions:/System/Library/Java/Extensions:/usr/lib/java:.'
Unable to create JP12Serial object: no jp12serial in java.library.path
    CommHID version 0.4
LibraryLoader: Attempting to load 'jp1usb' from '/Users/billjackson/Desktop/JP1-New/RemoteMaster/Mac OS X-x86_64/libjp1usb.dylib'...
LibraryLoader: Failed to load 'jp1usb' from '/Users/billjackson/Desktop/JP1-New/RemoteMaster/Mac OS X-x86_64/libjp1usb.dylib'
LibraryLoader: Attempting to load 'jp1usb' from java library path...
LibraryLoader: Java library path is '/Users/billjackson/Library/Java/Extensions:/Library/Java/Extensions:/Network/Library/Java/Extensions:/System/Library/Java/Extensions:/usr/lib/java:.'
Unable to create JP1USB object: no jp1usb in java.library.path
    JPS version 0.1
LibraryLoader: Attempting to load 'jp1parallel' from '/Users/billjackson/Desktop/JP1-New/RemoteMaster/Mac OS X-x86_64/libjp1parallel.dylib'...
LibraryLoader: Failed to load 'jp1parallel' from '/Users/billjackson/Desktop/JP1-New/RemoteMaster/Mac OS X-x86_64/libjp1parallel.dylib'
LibraryLoader: Attempting to load 'jp1parallel' from java library path...
Unable to create JP1Parallel object: no jp1parallel in java.library.path
DecodeIR: Looking in '/Users/billjackson/Desktop/JP1-New/RemoteMaster'.
LibraryLoader: Attempting to load 'DecodeIR' from '/Users/billjackson/Desktop/JP1-New/RemoteMaster/Mac OS X-x86_64/libDecodeIR.dylib'...
LibraryLoader: Failed to load 'DecodeIR' from '/Users/billjackson/Desktop/JP1-New/RemoteMaster/Mac OS X-x86_64/libDecodeIR.dylib'
LibraryLoader: Attempting to load 'DecodeIR' from java library path...
Failed to load DecodeIR JNI interface!
RemoteMaster.windowClosing() entered

The libraries are in the Mac OS X 64-bit directory (I don't have Parallel or JP1 USB so those errors are to be expected) But DecodeIR and the JP1 serial library are where they are supposed to be.

Any suggestions?
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a solved problem. Short: Apple (and/or the JVM) changed the default shared library extension from ".jnilib" to ".dylib". You can also see in your log that .dylib files are sought, but not .jnilib.

In the quoted thread, Graham claimed that he had fixed it recently. If that is not working or you do not want his fixed versions, just rename the shared libraries from .jnilib to .dylib.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
fetched the latest tools (2.03alpha 27, DecodeIR, jp1serial, RDF's, etc)

That's not the latest version....Get Alpha28. It fixes this.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ding.... worked

Downloaded Alpha 28 and all is well.

Thank you!
riwebb

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could be wrong, but it appears to me that I have the same problem that was mentioned above, but I am using the latest of everything. Here is what I have:

A JP1.2,3 USB cable based on the Prolific chip with the adapter to connect to my JP1 remote (Radioshack 15-1994). Here is what System Information tells me about the chip:

USB-Serial Controller:

Quote:
Product ID: 0x2303
Vendor ID: 0x067b (Prolific Technology, Inc.)
Version: 3.00
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: Prolific Technology Inc.
Location ID: 0x14500000 / 15
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 100

I have tried both orientations of the adapter since there is nothing to indicate which is pin 1 (when I get the darn thing to work, I will surely label pin 1!). I popped open the USB connector cover and see that there are two wires connected to TXD, one to OTR, and one to GND. The 3.3 and CTS outputs on the circuit board are not connected.

When I run RemoteMaster.jar with the remote interface set to auto-detect, here are the important (I hope) parts of rmaster.err:

Quote:

RemoteMaster v2.03 build 6
Legacy merge set = true
System Properties:
java.version = 1.8.0_51
java.vendor = Oracle Corporation
os.name = Mac OS X
os.arch = x86_64
java.home = /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home
java.class.path = /Applications/RemoteMaster.v2.03build6/RemoteMaster.jar
Adding to classpath: file:/Applications/RemoteMaster.v2.03build6/

libraryFolder=/Applications/RemoteMaster.v2.03build6/Mac OS X-x86_64
LibraryLoader: Java version '1.8.0_51' from '/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home' running on 'Mac OS X' (x86_64)
LibraryLoader: Attempting to load 'jp12serial' from '/Applications/RemoteMaster.v2.03build6/Mac OS X-x86_64/libjp12serial.jnilib'...
LibraryLoader: Loaded 'jp12serial' successfully from '/Applications/RemoteMaster.v2.03build6/Mac OS X-x86_64/libjp12serial.jnilib'
JP12Serial version 0.20
LibraryLoader: Java version '1.8.0_51' from '/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home' running on 'Mac OS X' (x86_64)
LibraryLoader: Attempting to load 'hidapi' from '/Applications/RemoteMaster.v2.03build6/Mac OS X-x86_64/libhidapi.jnilib'...
LibraryLoader: Loaded 'hidapi' successfully from '/Applications/RemoteMaster.v2.03build6/Mac OS X-x86_64/libhidapi.jnilib'
CommHID version 0.4
LibraryLoader: Attempting to load 'jp1usb' from '/Applications/RemoteMaster.v2.03build6/Mac OS X-x86_64/libjp1usb.jnilib'...
LibraryLoader: Failed to load 'jp1usb' from '/Applications/RemoteMaster.v2.03build6/Mac OS X-x86_64/libjp1usb.jnilib'
LibraryLoader: Attempting to load 'jp1usb' from java library path...
LibraryLoader: Java library path is '/Users/riwebb/Library/Java/Extensions:/Library/Java/Extensions:/Network/Library/Java/Extensions:/System/Library/Java/Extensions:/usr/lib/java:.'
Unable to create JP1USB object: no jp1usb in java.library.path
JPS version 0.1
LibraryLoader: Attempting to load 'jp1parallel' from '/Applications/RemoteMaster.v2.03build6/Mac OS X-x86_64/libjp1parallel.jnilib'...
LibraryLoader: Failed to load 'jp1parallel' from '/Applications/RemoteMaster.v2.03build6/Mac OS X-x86_64/libjp1parallel.jnilib'
LibraryLoader: Attempting to load 'jp1parallel' from java library path...
LibraryLoader: Java library path is '/Users/riwebb/Library/Java/Extensions:/Library/Java/Extensions:/Network/Library/Java/Extensions:/System/Library/Java/Extensions:/usr/lib/java:.'
Unable to create JP1Parallel object: no jp1parallel in java.library.path
DecodeIR: Looking in '/Applications/RemoteMaster.v2.03build6'.
LibraryLoader: Attempting to load 'DecodeIR' from '/Applications/RemoteMaster.v2.03build6/Mac OS X-x86_64/libDecodeIR.jnilib'...
LibraryLoader: Loaded 'DecodeIR' successfully from '/Applications/RemoteMaster.v2.03build6/Mac OS X-x86_64/libDecodeIR.jnilib'
Starting normal download
Interface Name = NULL
Port Name = NULL
Testing interface: JP1.X Serial
Port Name = NULL
Testing interface: CommHID
Port Name = NULL
Testing interface: JPS
Port Name = NULL
Starting normal download
Interface Name = NULL
Port Name = NULL
Port Name = NULL
Port Name = NULL
Port Name = NULL
Starting normal download
Interface Name = NULL
Port Name = NULL
Port Name = NULL
Port Name = NULL
Port Name = NULL

I'm pretty much in the dark on what to do next, but the fact that I have a complete set of NULLs for Port Names suggests to me that RemoteMaster isn't seeing the USB cable.

All help is appreciated!

Thank you,

Richard
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not the same problem. Your system has successfully loaded JP12Serial v0.20, the earlier problem was that this library was not being loaded. The NULLs are input data corresponding to it being set to auto-detect, so give no diagnostic info. I presume you finish with a pop-up saying "No remotes found!" after it has run through all the interfaces and not found any remote. Beyond this, I cannot help. I know nothing of Macs or the Prolific chip, but I do know there have been problems with the drivers for the Prolific chips, so my best guess would be a driver issue.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I popped open the USB connector cover and see that there are two wires connected to TXD, one to OTR, and one to GND. The 3.3 and CTS outputs on the circuit board are not connected.
If this statement applies to the PCB associated with the Prolific chip, then there is probably a wiring error. We should expect one wire connected to TXD (Transmit Data) and another wire connected to RXD (Receive Data). The Prolific chip will send data to the remote using TXD and will receive data from the remote using RXD. Our software is designed to also use the RTS (Request To Send) line to manipulate the remote's Reset pin.
Code:
JP1.3      --->  Signal Name
Pin     
1   --------------- Not connected
2   --------------- RTS
3   --------------- Ground
4   --------------- TXD
5   --------------- Not Connected
6   --------------- RXD
The JP1 Adapter is supposed to convert these signals into ones which can be recognized by JP1 remotes.

Your interface apparently has no wire connected to RXD, which is certainly wrong. It apparently also has a wire connected to DTR (Data Terminal Ready) instead of RTS. This is probably wrong. Assuming that this is the situation on the Prolific PCB, I would ask DYIGadget to replace the cable.
riwebb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the info. I will follow up with the folks who provided the cable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: