JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Xsight Color user questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mathdon and/or 3FG, can you take a look at this? Nylaw has a couple of ordinary Sony combo and Samsung protocol devices (setup code 0199) which insist on using strange manual protocols. Makes no sense to me.
nylaw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any feedback on the delay issues also?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just how it works - add new, delete old. They can't be edited except in EZ-RC. Not sure if Mathdon can change that kind of thing or not.
nylaw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
That's just how it works - add new, delete old. They can't be edited except in EZ-RC. Not sure if Mathdon can change that kind of thing or not.

Oh ok. I thought for sure I must be doing something wrong. Now that I know it's the only way it's not a big deal.

That Sony code is odd huh?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a bug. I've never seen that before, and I have several similar Sony devices. Samsung BD player also looks odd. I think something is wrong with protocols.ini, but I'm not sure what. Hang in there a bit longer until we can get it sorted out.
nylaw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't used the BD player yet but I did get all the devices off EZ-RC.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with the Xsight Touch class of remotes, but I don't see how this RMIR file could have been downloaded from the Nevo. The Bluray button uses PID 0199, but it isn't recognized as the Samsung36 executor, and the Sony 0027 executor is shown as new-Custom. Looking at the RMIR file, we see a S3C80 Custom executor for the Sony upgrade, but of course this executor code isn't actually in the E2 section.

I edited the RMIR file to remove the custom executor line, and to provide the correct protocol names and variants. After loading that into RMIR, any OBC could be entered and seemingly accepted when clicking OK. So I think we simply have an example of a corrupted RMIR file. I think if you start by downloading from the remote, you should be able to add in OBC 113.
nylaw

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a Touch, it's a Color so not sure if that makes a difference. Just for review when I received the remote the first thing I did was upgrade the FW on EZ-RC found my devices added them, created 2 activities. I then downloaded the file and did everything else in RMIR. I found some discrete codes here and there and manually added them to the file and uploaded them back to the remote and moved and added some buttons. Does it sound like I did something wrong? The only other thing I can think of was the first day the batts were pretty dead when I was working on the last part of the file. Maybe I had a corrupted load one way or the other?

Are you saying I need to start over with just the devices download those and work the file with RMIR?

I was explaining to Dave this AVR switches inputs after it's turned on no matter the order of devices. I timed it today. After I run the Watch TV activity it takes 15 seconds for it to switch to the wrong input. What is the best way to switch it back, a 15 second delay or a 15 second hold?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks 3FG.

Nylaw, you should use delays. Just spread them across the commands in your activity macro since 10 sec is the max any one command can have. Hold will send a command the entire duration, which is not what you want in this case. I use holds for things like turning volume down or dimming/raising light levels.
nylaw

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks. I read there were other people that had this same problem. I think it has something to do with the auto sensing. It works great when watching cable then going to Netflix or Plex. I don't have to do anything, it switches from Sat/cable to TV. The problem is when it first comes on it won't stay on Sat/Cable. Not sure why that is. After that initial 15 seconds it will stay where I want it.

Since my RMIR file is very small I can start over just not sure what steps to start at. Should I do it the way I described in my previous post or is there a better way? I didn't see my AVR or TV here in the file section so maybe just a device dload from EZ-RC? Should I also do a complete reset?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotten corrupt files by not giving enough time for upload/download to complete, so wait several seconds for those to finish. I'd just download from EZ-RC again and see if you get anything different in RMIR. A 981 reset before connecting to EZ-RC wouldn't hurt either.

Could be corrupt on the EZ-RC side too, so starting over might help. Just start with a new config and go through all the same setup you did before.

Or continue on with the file 3FG fixed for you. That should be fine.

Your TV and AVR don't have to be exact matches in our file section. So just try something close (similar model number and year) and see what you get.

To avoid the unwanted auto input switching, turn off HDMI control (Bravia Sync, Anynet, HDMI-CEC, etc.) in all your devices.
nylaw

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh yes I remember reading it was the Anynet causing it. Do you know if ARC will still work if I disable the HDMI controls?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure. You could use optical/coax instead of ARC of you want surround from your smart TV apps and OTA tuner. Otherwise there is no need for it.
nylaw

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem still exists on the EZ-RC. I did a clean device install and the custom reference is still there. 3FG didn't leave the edited file and I really don't know what part to edit. Playing around I got it to say "new custom" and it worked but I don't remember what I did so if I could either get the file or edit instructions that would be great. One time I changed it to manual and all the OBC's changed to about 3 numbers. I just did so many things I can't remember what I did to get it to work but it probably wasn't the correct way to do it.

The BD player also gave that odd protocol but I found another device and was able to just change the protocol on that one to match the correct one and that seemed to work. Weird stuff going on. I can only guess most people who just use EZ-RC don't really add buttons so they wouldn't run into this. Should I bother to email them about it?

EDIT I just changed the protocol to 12/20 added OBC 113 saved it then put the 12/15/20 combo back and instead of custom it states "new" and the button is still there. Not sure if this is the correct procedure.

Last edited by nylaw on Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These remotes were discontinued some time ago, so EZ-RC support is long gone. There's no point in reporting anything.

Once you switch to using RMIR exclusively, you should have fewer issues.

3FG, can you post your version?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: