JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Confusion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rayzz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Confusion Reply with quote

I need to preface this posting with a qualifier. I think the time and effort that has been put into JP1 is remarkable. Furhter, the experts and others who help the beginners and newbies are to be commended - it looks like a labor of love.

I have been trying to work through this process and have been somewhat successful in getting a new Samsung 360 HDTV receiver to function on my RS 2116 after downloading a file I found at yahoo. With a little help from the folks here and Tommy Tyler's 4/02 JP1 guide, everything is on 1 remote now.

My problem is this. The IR app is updated so often, that Tommy's tutorial is out of date and very difficult to follow on the current screens. It's also presented in narrative form as opposed to a listing a subject and saying follow these steps, numbered 1 through 5. I've been trying to move a couple of EFCs from 1 button to another and can't figure out how to do it. As far as macros go, I admit defeat and have given up. I'm pretty frustrated.

I would love to take a crack at the tutorial and 1) update it and 2) set it up such that a 3rd grade student could open it and be functional in a few minutes. Unfortunately, I just don't have the band width to acomplish that.

Please don't view this as criticism. I believe that this process would be easier to use, and attract more participants, if someone owned athe tutorial and kept it up to date as IR , KM and RM move along. It would be a great help if it was simplified as well. It's just a whole lot easier to reach a destination if you have a current road map.

Just a thought for consideration.
rickety

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a new document "The What and Why of JP1" pointed at by the sticky note at the top of this list called JP1 Software Tools.

This is a new document that I saw recently. The author is keen to get some input as to whether this helps "newbies" to comprehend the approaches to get JP1 things done.

You may like to take a look and see if you think it will help some more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: