JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Toshiba SBX4250 Soundbar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vook

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject: Toshiba SBX4250 Soundbar Reply with quote

Hello,

I have completed partial setup of this remote by finding a working code. I bought the unit open-box so I never had an original remote. Nevertheless, the original remote is the one at this page ff that helps.

I'm missing the EQ button, SRS button and the Bass, Sub, and Treble up/down bottons.

Is there any way to guess the codes for the remaining functions, based on some of them working? Any other ideas besides buying the remote?

Thanks.

1. Device: Toshiba SBX-4250
2. Type of device: Soundbar
3. Year: 2010s?
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: OARUSB04G
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? Never had it
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? Yes, AMP/3627
10. Learning remote question? n/a
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? Yes, didn't find anything

Edit
Further to my last question about guessing codes, I loaded up RMIR and looked at and saw this:

I have no idea what button 52-5f on the remote, so even if they are assigned I think they wouldn't be working. Could this be some of the missing commands? I'm thinking might be Bass+- etc.

If not, at least I see that they are all 3-digit codes less than 300. Would there be a way to test all of the number in that range somewhat automatically?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there is a way to go code hunting, but not automatically on this remote. (It's easier to do on older JP1 remotes).

The range of possible commands in one byte or 00-FF hex (0-255 decimal). So in the OBC column on the functions tab, add every command 0-255 and give it a name (I usually just copy/paste from the OBC column). Then assign as many as you can to buttons, download and test. Repeat with different button assignments until you've tried every possible code.

On other JP1 remotes you can simply type in the code and send the command directly from the remote without doing any programming, but this isn't possible on yours.

First, you should post in the thread below because there is a user there who claims to have some of the other codes you're looking for. We can easily convert those to OBCs for you.
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-discrete/thread.cgi?7199

If you do find some new commands, please post your resulting upgrade file for the benefit of others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: