JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Problem with Pause Special Function JP1.3 common extender an

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:12 pm    Post subject: Problem with Pause Special Function JP1.3 common extender an Reply with quote

I have seen other threads with this problem, but I haven't seen a resolution that works for me. In this file, Common extender, Atlas OCAP pause duration problem execution of the DSM on CBL Discrete OFF, the Pause on Phantom 10 needs to be only .4 second (determined by my working version on my OARP05S). No mater what value I put in the delay field, the Power command executes too soon to have any effect. I just installed RemoteMaster.v2.03Alpha28build18 from the full install, so I have the latest version of all files. I downloaded the common extender from: http://hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12109. The RDF in the extender install was different from the RDF in Alpha28build18 and I have tried both.

I have tried setting the Pause device protocol to "Pause (Extender)" as suggested in http://hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=118178#118178 and that seems to break things so bad that the remote locks up (after all device LEDs blink) and I need to remove the batteries to make it operational again. I have also tried the DSM as a global macro with no change to the results.

Any suggestions, or just pointing out what I did wrong will be appreciated.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I don't run the JP1.3 extenders so I don't have any first hand knowledge. It seems to me that its the common extender that kills things. If you uninstall it and go back to an earlier version that doesn't have the "interuptible pause" I would think things would work.
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran into some RDF conflicts when I tried to go back to 2.13. I found a "workaround" by just repeating the non-functioning pause 3 times. So, I can proceed with my project. I just wanted to put this here to remind everyone that the problem isn't really solved yet. It's quite possible that the changes discussed here will make this work right. I will stay tuned.
Ed

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've probably read of my experiences, ph7, but just in case, I described some issues that I had with the common extender and the Atlas OCAP here: http://hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15908&start=15.

I'm not sure if these are related to yours, but I am interested if you ever get the common extender to work with your OCAP. I had to install v2.11 (specifically for the Atlas) to get working pause functionality.
jeajea

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First if you want “global” pip ch- macro to always call CBL discrete off it
needs a Dev_CBL before the discrete off.

Second I don’t know why you need a pause when turning something off.

Third the normal method of simulating discrete on/off is with a toad tog

Example

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13274

Toad tog force off for discrete off
Toad tog force on for discrete on
Toad tog toggle for power (on/off)
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
First if you want “global” pip ch- macro to always call CBL discrete off it needs a Dev_CBL before the discrete off.
The file I posted as a simplified down version that I was using for testing. I wouldn't ever use a global macro for a device power on/off. But I have seen cases were global vs. DSM did make a difference, so the globals were just there to check.

Quote:
Second I don’t know why you need a pause when turning something off.

Third the normal method of simulating discrete on/off is with a toad tog

The DSMs I was using were there to have a way to turn on/off a Comcast cable box that has no discretes. I avoid toadtogs if I can find a way to avoid them. (They really confuse my remote's other users when they get out of sync.)

On the Comcast box, a "0" quickly followed by "Exit" will always leave the box in an ON state whether it was on or off beforehand. A pause of .1 second is necessary to ensure the Exit does not arrive before the box is ready.

To simulate a discrete OFF, I can send the above discrete ON workaround, followed by a .4 second delay and then a power toggle command. This will leave the box in an OFF state no matter what its initial state.

I have implemented this workaround in my OARP05S (as I mentioned in my first post) and it works quite well. I realize that the long delay I had in my file obscured my real purpose, but it was only that long to demonstrate that it was not working at all.
jeajea

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try using a double key press instead of a DSM.
Put your macro on the single key press leg and nothing on the DKP leg.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@pH7_jp1,
On AtlasOCAP with 3.02 extender I've had not much luck with this pause stuff, so replaced it by a tiny device and protocol upgrade which works fine. If you're interested, I'll post it. But I suspect you're just checking things out and don't need my stuff.
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I really am working on a project that needs reliable delay times, so I would appreciate seeing your solution. Thanks for the offer.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a KM upgrade file, since I don't know how to make one in RM.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13277
So open your RMIR file, then Add this KM device but do not assign to any device on Atlas. Just Cancel when RMIR asks if to assign.
It'll be listed on the Devices tab as CBL/0000, ...looping pause...
Then make keymoves for pause values refering to CBL/0000. My closest guess are 50 for 3sec pause, 80 for 5sec pause (see Edit below), and you can tweak it. Use those keymoves where you need pauses.

You can see what I tested for the built-in, native, pause, and some of my observations here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13278
When I gave up on this pause problem, I added the old protocol, built keymoves and tested them in the last two macros, on Live and Replay. They worked well, as close to the desired timing defined on keymoves, which you can keep changing till you get exactly what you want.
Save your stuff first, then look at my .rmir file to get ideas. You'll have to jump between macros and special functions to figure out what's doing what with the native pause trials. Depending which AtlasOCAP you have some of these transport buttons on which I was testing have different names. Someplace there I indicated something like "Live or Skip". Two TimeWarner Atlases in the house and what's printed on them is different Sad

EditI ran few values through IRscope instead of counting and it looks like $50 was 5sec not 3. For 2sec, $1C seems like a good value. Play with 1C, 20, 24, 28 and see if they're good for your 2sec requirement.
2sec pauses timing picture by Widget and IRscope
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13279
Not sure where I got the idea that you need 2sec pause Sad

Last edited by ElizabethD on Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting, Liz. I will try this tomorrow.
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Liz. Everything worked fine. It was a throwback to the way we used to have to do things before the wonderful integration of extenders in RMIR.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: