JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rc5 vs RC-5 ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hefvogt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:35 am    Post subject: Rc5 vs RC-5 ? Reply with quote

Are RC5 and RC-5 protocols different? In learning mode, my Helvar Digidim (for switching and dimming light) apparently sends RC5 protocol. The target remote functions as expected.
In trying to copy functions to a device (update file) I can't select RC5 protocol; RC-5 is available. I chose this, but the resulting device does not work.
Similarly created NEC devices do work, so I guess my device creating method is OK. Any suggestions?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: Rc5 vs RC-5 ? Reply with quote

hefvogt wrote:
Any suggestions?

Zip together the relevant files, (the learns, the upgrade and the IR/RMIR file), and post them in the diagnosis section. Then post a link to that file in this thread and we will have a look.
hefvogt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Rc5 vs RC-5 ? Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
hefvogt wrote:
Any suggestions?

Zip together the relevant files, (the learns, the upgrade and the IR/RMIR file), and post them in the diagnosis section. Then post a link to that file in this thread and we will have a look.

Thanks for your attention. In collecting files to zip them to you I found an error in the device definition: the setup code had accidently been set to 0000, where 2104 was intended. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: