JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ARRX12G Help
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to comment about the red fonts. I find RMIR to be very stable generally and mdavej's comment that a red font simply means that the setup code isn't present is true for for all the remotes I have--except the ARRX12G. For the ARRX12G, a red font can occur for setup codes which are clearly present in the remote, and sometimes I see it for other fields on the general tab, e.g. Device Button. Experience tells me that when it happens, the safest course of action is to save any RMDU files, and then manually reset the remote and start over. It doesn't take very long. The cause is probably a bug in RMIR, but I have never been able to isolate a sequence of actions which will reproducibly reach the "red" state.
Qwerky

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I've posted my file over the old one. I have not yet done button layouts for the devices, but I have correlated all the codes for the first four devices, and made notes for the codes along the way. I've also done the Activities, and am posting the file as is for your perusal.

In a couple of places, there were duplicate functions with different codes, so I called one of each set [name Alt.] (alternate). Haven't yet tested to see which of the pairs works with my equipment. I'll hopefully post another file when everything is complete.

The HTPC device hasn't been touched yet, because my HTPC is still in the computer room while I get Kodi set up/configured. Once it gets moved to the home theatre, I'll work on the remote's HTPC device. I'll be using a FLIRC, so probably most any code will do.
Qwerky

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the explanation of PIDs.

When the error occurred, I did exactly as you suggested: saved the .rmdu files and started over. I found that the error reproduced repeatedly if I just took Dave's original file, edited the AVR device, and changed some of the functions' protocol from NEC1 to NECx1, without making any changes on the main tab. Then clicking OK in the editor, resulted in the error in the RMIR window every time.

But overall, I think RMIR is a great piece of software, and I hope to post a comment to that effect in the main RMIR thread.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to look at the this reproducible error, but I can't.... Dave overwrote your original file, and subsequently you overwrote that. Can you upload Dave's original file, and post a link to that file here? Thanks.
Qwerky

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 3FG. I've upload the file to Diagnostics, as 12G can reproduce error in RMIR. Hope you can reproduce the error.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've edited your post so that it has an actual link to the uploaded file. (Just making the text bold doesn't make a link. Not too hard to find the file right now, since it was the last file uploaded to the Diagnotics area, but soon it would be hard to find.)

Anyway, I'm sure the sequence of steps to cause the error is obvious to you, but not to me. At least I haven't found an error yet. You mention "save the file"-- which file? The RMDU file from the Device Upgrade Editor, or a RMIR file? Do you need to exit RMIR and then reload? Upload to the remote and then download?
In other words, since the error didn't jump out at me, I guess I need a detailed set of steps which cause the problem.
Qwerky

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 3FG, good tip, next time I'll make it a link!

Since I'm new with this software, I may not be using the correct terminology, but there are two windows (two different programs), which I'll call the RMIR window and the Editor window. So the step are:
1. Open the RMIR window and load the file,
2. Double-click the AVR device, so that it opens in the Editor window (the RMIR window remains open behind the Editor window),
3. In the Editor window, click on the Functions tab,
4. Pick a few of the listed functions, and change the protocol from NEC1 to NECx1 (I changed the HDMI 1 through 4 functions, since I remember that they are ones that were NEC1-y1 when I learned them),
5. In the Editor window, click OK. The Editor window closes, and back in the RMIR window, the error shows up at once.

Those are the exact steps that I was using two days ago, and the error showed up every time I followed the steps.

But, I just tried it again using the exact same steps, and the error no longer shows up. Don't know how you fixed it so quickly [and by remote control Laughing ].

However, I still have a copy of the file that I saved after the error occurred, and when I load that file into RMIR, it does show the error. I've uploaded that file over the previous one, for your inspection.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, comparing before and after RMIR files shows that, besides changing from NEC1 to NECx1, you changed from Dave's Sony TV upgrade to a different one. RMIR is pretty smart, but it can't automatically insert notes like "Discrete Power On"!
I messed around a little bit, but wasn't able to get any kind of error starting from Dave's RMIR file. I suspect that the reproducible behavior you saw earlier happened with a RMIR file which had been already modified from the one Dave posted.
Qwerky

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 3FG. It's the same TV (same setup code), but I've re-ordered the functions and added notes to them, as well as adding those functions not in the original, which I had learned from my OEM remote. And yes, I did edit the TV device first, and then edited the AVR device, which is when the error occurred. Sorry I'm no longer able to reproduce it.

Does the last file that I uploaded, display an error when you open it in RMIR? It does when I open it. I hoped that that file might be of some help to you. Let me know if I can supply any further information.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does. But that error is legit since there is no 2001 code built-in or on your Devices tab.
Qwerky

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave, right, once I load that file which shows the error, I cannot edit the BD device--it is as though it no longer exists, even though it is shown on the General tab. But on the Devices tab, it is not even shown.

However, that is part of the error. The file that you uploaded did have a device (named Bluray, which I renamed BD) with setup code 2001. After I [re-arranged the TV device (no errors) and] edited the AVR device and clicked OK, the error appeared (on the BD line!) and the BD device was no longer editable. So the 2001 device disappearing, is part of the error. Sorry I can't any longer reproduce it. Do let me know if there is anything else you would like me to try.
Qwerky

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so I'm nearly there, but a small snag: I've created a macro (one of several), that I wish to use on (the same button of) several devices.

In the macro edit window, the macro is assigned to a specific device/button. On the Macro tab, the ballon help says to edit the device to place the macro on more than one device or button.

But when I edit another device, I can find no way to place that macro on a button. On both the Buttons tab and the Layout tab, at the top right, one can select functions for a particular device, and there is a button labeled Macros, but that button is grayed out and cannot be selected.

Can a macro be placed on more than one device, or must one re-create the macro with a different name for each device?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like that's how the 12G works. Just click Clone on the Macro tab and change the button.
Qwerky

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, thanks Dave.
Qwerky

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible for the remote to have two devices, each of which is based on the same device in the code database (does that make sense)? I wish to have two devices based on the Yamaha RX-V571, one called AVR, and the other called Tuner.

So, I selected the AVR device, then clicked the Clone button, which gave me a new device edit window in which I changed the name, and then edited. But when I tried to save, it told me the Setup Code was already used by another device. So in order to get it to save, I changed the Setup Code from 1001, to 1002.

Is this correct? Or if not, how should it be done?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: