JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RM/RMIR v2.03 Alpha 28 available
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic work. Just tried all the new keyboard and mouse click support. Very intuitive and makes editing so much faster. It is a thing of beauty.

Thanks, Graham!
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now updated RMIR v2.03 Alpha 28 to build 14, with both a complete package and an update file. See the first two posts in this thread for instructions. The update will update any previous build of RMIR v2.03 Alpha 28.

In case there are any problems with build 14, I have left build 13 still available. Unzipping the build 13 upgrade package into a build 14 installation folder will downgrade it to build 13 if that should be necessary.

Build 14 includes several new or enhanced features. There is now a Baseline feature that allows the Raw Data tab to highlight in red any differences between the current hex data and the data set as the baseline. This is operated through two new items on the Advanced menu, "Set baseline" and "Clear baseline". "Set baseline" sets as baseline whatever is currently displayed in the Raw Data tab (which will be the original data if the item "Preserve original data" is also set).

When a baseline is set and "Preserve original data" is unchecked, the Raw Data tab gains two radio buttons to select whether to display normal data (i.e. the current data) or the baseline data. Both displays highlight in red the differences between the two sets of data, and (of course) it is only the highlighted values that change when switching between the two sets. To clear this highlighting, clear the baseline with the "Clear baseline" menu item.

The main tables in RMIR only allowed a single row to be deleted at a time. If multiple consecutive rows were selected, the Delete button was disabled. In build 14 it is no longer disabled and will delete all the selected rows. This feature is particularly useful when combined with row sorting. I don't know how well known it is, but the RMIR tables of key moves, macros etc. can be sorted on most column entries by clicking the column header. By making a multiple-row selection on a sorted column it is possible, say, to delete all key moves on a particular device button in a single delete operation.

If you delete a device upgrade, build 14 now looks for any key moves that send signals of that upgrade, which would have no effect after the upgrade was deleted, and asks if you would also like to delete these key moves.

Finally, build 14 adds support for the F12 and Pause (Special) protocols for remotes that use a MAXQ processor.
oldsports

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! I recently downloaded and installed RMIR Alpha 27c to use a USB serial cable I made to program a JP1.X remote I have. I see that Alpha 28 is available so I will upgrade soon.

I still have an older RCA RCU810 remote that I program with a parallel cable and IR 8.04. Can RMIR be used with a parallel cable? Just trying to get to one program for both remotes if possible. Thanks!
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldsports wrote:
Can RMIR be used with a parallel cable?

RMIR has a parallel port interface for 32-bit Java but not for 64-bit Java. It never will have one for 64-bit Java as parallel ports on 64-bit systems are very rare and the USB serial interfaces for JP1 are far superior. You can get an adapter to use your existing JP1.x USB serial cable with older JP1 remotes (those for which the parallel interface works) from either TxSat Electronics or DIYgadget.com, see the Market Place forum for links.

That said, if you install 32-bit Java on a 64-bit OS then it will use the 32-bit RMIR libraries, so the parallel cable you have will then work.
oldsports

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon - Thanks for the information. For now, it is not too much of a problem to use different programs for each remote/interface cable combination so I will stick with that for now. If I get tired of that, I can use one of your suggested solutions (32-bit Java or JP1 adapter).
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now updated RMIR v2.03 Alpha 28 to build 16, with both a complete package and an update file. See the first two posts in this thread for instructions. The update will update any previous build of RMIR v2.03 Alpha 28.

In case there are any problems with build 16, I have left build 13 still available. Unzipping the build 13 upgrade package into a build 16 installation folder will downgrade it to build 13 if that should be necessary.

Build 16 adds support for one new remote, the URC-2981 R00 and includes corrections to 28 RDFs. Two of these are the URC-6420 and URC-8820BC1.3, the other 26 are the RDFs for various JP1.3 extenders. The correction for the extenders fixes a problem that caused phantom buttons to be treated as XShifted physical buttons. Build 16 also fixes a bug that caused a filename to be converted to entirely lower case when saving a .ir file as a .rmir file.

Eagle-eyed users may notice that the upgrade package for build 16 is smaller than that for earlier builds, and may think that something has been accidentally left out. This is not so. I found that the earlier upgrade packages were including some files that have not been changed since the first build of Alpha 28 and so which did not need to be included. It is the omission of these files that has caused the (deliberate) reduction in package size.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldsports wrote:
I still have an older RCA RCU810 remote that I program with a parallel cable and IR 8.04. Can RMIR be used with a parallel cable? Just trying to get to one program for both remotes if possible. Thanks!

I use the old parallel cable on a 32-bit XP. Works fine in RMIR v2.02, 2.03 all Alpha versions.
Is your box 64-bit? If so, then what Graham said is what you should do.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now updated RMIR v2.03 Alpha 28 to build 18, with both a complete package and an update file. See the first two posts in this thread for instructions. The update will update any previous build of RMIR v2.03 Alpha 28.

In case there are any problems with build 18, I have left build 13 still available. Unzipping the build 13 upgrade package into a build 18 installation folder will downgrade it to build 13 if that should be necessary.

Build 18 adds one new RDF, for the URC-2981 R01 (the URC-2981 R00 was added in build 16), but the major changes are primarily aimed at simplifying setup in Linux. Many thanks to Barf for assistance with this. I hope that the changes will also help Mac OS X users and I would appreciate feedback on that. Please see this announcement for details of the improved Linux support.

There is one further change that is included to assist Barf or others in creating alternative installation procedures for RMIR that meet standard conventions on where program code, initialization data, etc. should be located. This is a new parameter for the command line. In addition to the arguments "-ir" and "-rm" that tell RemoteMaster whether to open in RMIR or RM mode, there are now three other parameters:
    -home followed by a directory path specifies the installation directory containing the RemoteMaster.jar file;
    -properties followed by a file path specifies the properties file of initialization data, defaulting to RemoteMaster.properties in the installation directory;
    -errors followed by a file path specifies the error file, defaulting to rmaster.err in the installation directory.
The -home parameter was needed as RMIR did not correctly identify the installation directory in all operating systems. I hope that this is corrected in build 18 so that this parameter should no longer be needed. The -properties parameter is one of long standing. The -errors parameter is the new one, a counterpart to -properties for the only other support file written by default to the installation folder. Each of the names -home, -properties and -errors can be truncated as desired, even down to the single-letter forms -h, -p and -e.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now updated RMIR v2.03 Alpha 28 to build 19, with both a complete package and an update file. See the first two posts in this thread for instructions. The update will update any previous build of RMIR v2.03 Alpha 28.

In case there are any problems with build 19, I have left build 13 still available. Unzipping the build 13 upgrade package into a build 19 installation folder will downgrade it to build 13 if that should be necessary.

Build 19 is intended to be the final Alpha build before an official release of RM/RMIR v2.03. Doubtless there are still bugs, but these will be dealt with by successive builds of the official release. Because of this, we have done several tidying and rationalizing operations in build 19. A number of new remotes have been added to the RDFs, maps and images by moving them from development to final status. Protocols.ini has been revised to try to prevent problems when UEI comes out with a new protocol whose PID is one we have used for a home-made executor. Many RDFs have been revised in line with these changes to protocols.ini. The new Setup.sh for Linux machines has been heavily revised. Digitmaps.bin has been updated to include the latest number tables. Some fairly obscure issues with RM/RMIR itself have been identified and resolved.

Taken together, this gives a lot of potential for something to have gone wrong. So please, download this final Alpha and report any issues so that they can be sorted for the official release of v2.03.
MrMoody

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's great that you're still developing this. I love these remotes and don't understand why they aren't more popular. I will donate to the cause.

I would like to respectfully request one change. I need to be able to add a macro to the shift-DVR key on an unextended RCA RCRP05B. The program currently won't allow this, and the only reason for disallowing it is a conflict on the extended remote. See this thread. Ideally the program should check for a conflict before disabling the option.

I can work around it by loading a file saved from IR 8.03 which has a shift-DVR macro in it, then everything works fine.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrMoody wrote:
I would like to respectfully request one change. I need to be able to add a macro to the shift-DVR key on an unextended RCA RCRP05B. The program currently won't allow this, and the only reason for disallowing it is a conflict on the extended remote. See this thread.

Sorry, I never saw the thread that you linked to when it was first posted. It is nothing to do with disallowing something in an unextended remote because it needs to be disallowed in the extender. It is, simply, a bug, or a better way of putting it is that it is something that becomes a bug in circumstances that were not foreseen when the code was originally written.

I said that build 19 of Alpha 28 would be the last Alpha. I think this needs me to go back on that. Here is the RemoteMaster.jar file for build 21. Please replace the .jar file in build 19 with this one and see if it fixes your problem.
MrMoody

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Sorry, I never saw the thread that you linked to when it was first posted. It is nothing to do with disallowing something in an unextended remote because it needs to be disallowed in the extender. It is, simply, a bug, or a better way of putting it is that it is something that becomes a bug in circumstances that were not foreseen when the code was originally written.

You would know better than I. I'm confident you have corrected the logic. Excellent work.

In testing, it all works perfectly, both in RMIR and the remote. Thanks!
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RM/RMIR v2.03 has now been released. Please see this announcement for full details and for links to the download site. This release supersedes all Alpha versions, which are now no longer available.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: