JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Errors installing common extender v3.02 on Atlas OCAP 3033

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ed

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:04 pm    Post subject: Errors installing common extender v3.02 on Atlas OCAP 3033 Reply with quote

Hi all,

I tried to install v3.02 of the common extender on an Atlas OCAP 3033 and had some difficulty. I downloaded a "base image" of the remote; i.e., what was in it when I received it, supposedly new. Then I downloaded the v3.02 installation package, unzipped it, and copied the extended rdf file (3X333X33 (Atlas OCAP URC-1056 JP1.3 (Black)_(Silver) extender V3.02).rdf) into the directory RMIR uses to find rdf files. There was no 3x33 file there before I copied this file into it.

Then, I opened the base image file in RMIR and selected "Install extender...". I navigated to the directory in which I had saved the 3x33-notes.hex file and selected it. At that point, I got a page of Java errors that I had to dimiss four times. Ultimately the installation failed.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong and would appreciate any help. A screenshot of the errors is here: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13096

Thanks!

Ed
Ed

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I figured this out myself. I should have read the following post before I posted: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15265

There were two lines in the rdf file that had spaces adjacent to the equals sign. The corrected lines look like this:

Set_Chan=$7A:AllBind,Set_Vol,Set_Trans,Set_PIP,Set_Menu,Set_Other
Dev_Cancel=$79:AllBind

I don't know Java, and there are lots of lines in the rdf that have spaces before and after the "=". Obviously they are significant in some places and not in others.

If anyone thinks I've got this wrong, please let me know.

Thanks,

Ed
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: