JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I'm Baaaaak

View previous topic :: View next topic  
i_am_jim

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:49 pm    Post subject: I'm Baaaaak Reply with quote

You generous folks have helped me before. But, every time Comcast changes something I have to come back. I've never really learned how to program these remotes but each time I learn a little then it's so long before I need changes I can't remember any of it.

I assume you already know the new Comcast DVR remote doesn't have a JP connector and even if it did it doesn't have multi device ability. But, as it turns out many of the new functions are on the previous remotes. So I'm using it. However, I'd like to make some ?simple? changes to make it more convenient. Apparently I can't post images so I'll put them on the web somewhere.

I don't understand why there are four Cable devices?? Do I have to change them all? If not, which one. What do I have to do to achieve what I want?

vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't understand why there are four Cable devices?? Do I have to change them all? If not, which one. What do I have to do to achieve what I want?

Those 4 devices are Comcast's custom devices. If they gave you a different box, then you might have to change switch to another one.

On the general tab, you can see which of those custom devices your box is using.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
i_am_jim

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Then mine is 1982.

Now, how do I make the changes I want? I show making Stop do the same as Info, but I want a couple more such duplicates.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,
I'm willing to help, but I've grown crusty in my old age Very Happy. I'm only willing to help if you'll use RMIR and not some combination of IR and RM and/or KM.

In RMIR, download from your remote and then save an RMIR file--just so we can restore it. The go to the Device tab, and click on the 1982 line. This should open the Device Upgrade Manager. To stop a button from transmitting anything, go the Buttons tab, click the Function you wish to stop transmitting, and click Remove. This won't remove the function from the upgrade, so you can revert if you like, but it will stop the button from transmitting a signal (unless you assign some function to the button.) To duplicate a function onto a second button, go to the FUnctions tab and copy the OBC value from the button which has the desired action over to the second button. Make sure (using the Buttons or Layout tabs) that the second button has been assigned.
i_am_jim

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I'll get back with you. I have a very full day today
i_am_jim

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I've fooled with this for a couple of hours and haven't been able to get a version of RMIR working.

First I went to your link and it sends me to this page

Which in turn send me to this page

Where clicking the Click Here link sends me back to the first page and loop deloop

If I click on the link that presumably takes me to download "the RDF, map and image files needed," it takes me to a place where instead of letting me download the files I need, requires me to download a "downloader" program. All of these downloader type programs I've ever used add crap to my computer that I don't want and can take a week or more to dig it out.

So then I tried to get an older version I have working. When I point it to the folder that contains the RDF files I get this error message and it quits:

I'm worn out.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click the Download button at the bottom of that page. Click Here is to go to a web page about the software, not to download it. But here is the direct download link: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=download&file_id=12553

Here are the maps and images: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=download&file_id=6160

Here are the RDFs: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=download&file_id=5338

No downloaders or malware, I promise.
i_am_jim

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mdave. Those seem to work

Last edited by i_am_jim on Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
i_am_jim

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point everything seems to be working. Thank you very much for your help. Somehow I thought it would be that simple once I was told how.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: