JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Any way to add Directv to RS 15-1925 (M6805-C9)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmoos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:45 am    Post subject: Any way to add Directv to RS 15-1925 (M6805-C9) Reply with quote

I have a houselink (Homelink) Uses the same stuff as the RS 15-1918, RS 15-1919, and 15-1925. I have been able to upgrade it over the years using this site, however, now I am trying to add Directv codes and I find this remote does not have the Directv protocol. Is there any way I can upgrade this remote to support Directv. I want to be able to control power and the number buttons to change channels. I've searched the site for everything I can think of. Tried several upgrades, but none work.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you're using KM and IR. Just copy/paste the protocol as well into your device and it should work fine.

Also make sure you've enabled IR mode on your DirecTV box. What model are you trying to control?
dmoos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick response. Please forgive me I know enough to be dangerous. Am trying to set up an H25-100, but just need access to the basic features like power and the number buttons. I have tried using RM, and KM and IR. First question, when you say "copy/paste the protocol", where should I be getting that protocol from? is that from the device upgrade section?, or should I be getting that from somewhere else? I have tried several of the device upgrades, when I do those is RM or KM I load them, then try to change the remote to the 15-1925 in RM I get an error saying the selected protocol is not compatible with the remote. When I try to load using KM and switch to the 15-1925 I get an error saying the upgrade protocol is not available for this remote, or it just blanks the protocol code. I have verified that the Directv box is using IR, and have also been able to program a different remote with code 1377 and it works correctly. Let me know if I'm doing something stupid. Thanks!!!
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like there is no version of that protocol that exists for your remote after all. So you aren't doing anything wrong. We'll need someone to create one, if there's anybody around here who still knows that old processor (6805-C9).
dmoos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure hope there is. Thanks for the info!!
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
...if there's anybody around here who still knows that old processor (6805-C9).
I remember back when we used to program them ol' 6805 processors. It was uphill. Both ways. In the snow. Rolling Eyes

Seriously, though, it would take some time to attempt this as the protocol code is quite large, and the 6805-C9 in the 15-1925 has a limit of 110 bytes maximum. Many times in the past when I have attempted to create 6805-C9 versions of a protocol, it turns out to be impossible because of this length limitation. I'd be willing to give it a shot, but it might be a few weeks before I could find the time to try.
dmoos

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's OK, I am in no big rush. I don't know if this makes any difference in the size of the upgrade, but I don't need to assign the actual buttons, the home controller software allows me to use the EFC's I only need access to the power and the numbers. Thanks for help!!
dmoos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get any spare time yet?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we determined way back when that it this protocol was not possible given the size limit in this model of remote, otherwise UEI would have created one.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I think we determined way back when that it this protocol was not possible given the size limit in this model of remote, otherwise UEI would have created one.

Sorry for not responding earlier, but what Rob says is true. I looked at various ways to implement this protocol for the 6805-C9 remotes, but I could not come up with a way to do it that would fit within the space these remotes provide for protocol upgrades.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: