JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Do RMIR upgrades work on MAXQ610 based remotes?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ncoig

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
As for the PID, there is already an official UEI protocol with PID=0160 that is not Roomba, so that cannot be used in protocols.ini. I chose a value higher than any known PID, but 02 60 would be equally suitable. Note that many remotes will not accept PIDs greater than 01FF, but the MAXQ remotes do so and there are now quite a lot of protocols that start with 02.

Is the existing PID for the Roomba, aka, "manual settings" that is set to 01 60 overwriting the existing protocol? Perhaps that is what the asterisk near the protocol ID designates?

-N
ncoig

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Looking back, I see that the S3C80 protocol repeats every signal at least three times. I forgot to put that into the MAXQ version. Try changing the code line to

Code:
Code.MAXQ610=32 64 01 0A 6F 00 27 00 24 00 70 00 37 07 00 00 63 10 01 03 70

which has these repeats.

Boom! This appears to work as expected. Nothing like tossing in the box another remote I no longer need lingering around!

Thank you, sir.

I've posted my working upgrade below for those interested.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13555

-N
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ncoig wrote:
Is the existing PID for the Roomba, aka, "manual settings" that is set to 01 60 overwriting the existing protocol? Perhaps that is what the asterisk near the protocol ID designates?

A protocol upgrade doesn't overwrite a built-in protocol with the same PID, i.e. the built-in one remains in the remote, but it does take precedence over it. This is only a problem in a remote that (a) has a built-in protocol with PID 0160, and (b) is using a setup code that uses this built-in protocol. For an individual user this would just be an unfortunate coincidence, but if a home-made protocol is added to protocols.ini then it is available for all users, so such a PID clash needs to be avoided.

This situation usually arises when we use an apparently unused PID, often beyond the highest value we have seen used, but UEI later adds more protocols to newer remotes and itself uses the PID we have chosen.

The asterisk simply denotes that the device upgrade is using a protocol upgrade rather than a built-in protocol.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
This is only a problem in a remote that (a) has a built-in protocol with PID 0160, and (b) is using a setup code that uses this built-in protocol.

A very minor clarification, built-in setup codes always use built-in protocols, even if a protocol upgrade is present in the remote. So, if you just want to make a minor tweak to a protocol, you will have to also load a device upgrade, even if you didn't want to change any of the button mappings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: