JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Roberts Stream 64i radio Upgrade, and preset workaround

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tranx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Roberts Stream 64i radio Upgrade, and preset workaround Reply with quote

The Functions were learned from the the original remote, and named according to the button labels illustrated in the manual.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12883

Problem: Selecting radio stations/ Storing Presets
--------------------------------------------------
If keys for 0-9 were to be put on the unshifted digit buttons, the digits would repeat as long as they are held, as with the original remote.

- In a radio mode the effect is that the current radio station (Internet, DAB or FM) is set to the radio 'Pre-set' which is designated by that number, which can happen by mistake.

Workaround
----------
- Therefore it is safer to put the number functions on the shifted digit buttons, (as they are assigned in this upgrade) and to use them in two step DSMs bound to the unshifted buttons:-

e.g.
- The DSMs for changing channel could take the form: "shifted-'n'(number); Info"

- This solves the potential problem because it is only the last step of each DSM which is repeated when an *unshifted number button* is pressed and held.
- Because in 64i's Radio mode 'info' has no effect, this reserves 'press and holds' to be effective only with the *shifted digit buttons*, for intentionally resetting the station presets.
- It also allows for the situation in 64i's CD mode, where a track number above 9 can still be selected by pressing and releasing two unshifted number buttons, although this needs to be done in a more deliberate fashion.

Last edited by tranx on Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:01 pm; edited 6 times in total
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris, I finally got around to looking at your roberts upgrade.

First thing,
tranx wrote:
For any missing commands, the individual function codes for URC-6440 and Roberts 64i's are as follows:-

Your upgrade should contain all of the codes. The RDMU should contain complete documentation. Most people are not going to look for these in a post.

Please note, just because the functions are in the RDMU or the RMIR file, does not mean they are going to be loaded in the remote, they are just in your files as documentation of your device. Only functions that are actually assigned get transferred to the remote.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
tranx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky, thanks for looking. Your points are well taken so I have done a little editing. Also removed the OFA codes because they are not needed for JP1, and all the functions are in the rmdu.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed that you were posting on a JP1.3 thread. I didn't mention that we have much more elegant solutions with our mature technology. The MaxQ remote support, that you are using for this device is still in its infancy.

For the earlier remotes there are more elegant solutions to the problems.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
tranx

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a comment that Simpleset remotes were not Jp1.3; that's presumably because JP1 is not printed on a circuit board inside? but at least the setup can now be interpreted by RMIR and guess you might be referring to toadtogs, which are still one step beyond Confused
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jp1.3 is more than just a connector type. It also tells us what chip set we are running. This makes a difference as to what assembly language that is used inside the remote.

The the later jp1 and 1.3 remotes use a common language. The jp1.2 use a different language. We have tools like protocol_builder and remote master to make tweaks in the protocol is. So we could build a protocol that would not get you in trouble. That support for the MAXQ isn't widely available Yet.

The extenders also have LKP builtin as well as toadtog and multiplexing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: