JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

HovisDirect.com - JP1 cables and accessories
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
soloxp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i appologies for calling him a ripoff. But it took me going to paypal to get to him. He appologie, for the long delay, he had computer problems....but a week & /. If i was saleing somthing and my pc went down...I would find some way to contec my buyers to let them know somthing. O well.

I would like to get to know about jp1 that y i'm here. Look like a real nice place to a lots of info. Just setup a HTPC and running Beyond TV and would like to setup my OFA URC-9910 to control beyond tv. Can you guys help a newbe out.

Thanks
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start by reading the stuff in the sticky threads in the beginners forum, then post something in the Code Search forum using the template.
anand

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: POGO Adapter Reply with quote

Hi, I have been told that I need a pogo adatper for my JP1 cable to work tith the kameleon URC 6960 remote.

Please advise on how much they cost including postage to UK.

Thank you
Anand
Squizz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: What happened to Hovis Reply with quote

Does anyone know what has happened to HOVIS. I ordered a JP1 POGO lead in October and still have not recieved it. I have emailed Hovis three times - but no reply.
Sad
simian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Watch out Reply with quote

I placed an order almost a month ago and still no cable. I emailed him 2 or 3 times and he finally got back to me saying something about it most have got lost in the mail or something and he would email one the next day. Thats the last I heard of the guy. Its been almost 2 weeks from that point.

I just sent him a email saying he has till the 29 or 30 day mark and then I am calling my CC company and reporting the fraudulent charge.

This is ridicules.... if he is going to take this long to mail a little cable out he should post something on his web site stating it may take 8-12 weeks to get you product.
Sad Sad Sad Sad
simian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE!!!

Well If you want a cable before spring... build your own... I waited one month and got nothing except 2 emails in 2 weeks saying he sent it and again saying it was "lost in the mail and he would resend it tomorrow with a tracking number.... yah right... if took a complaint to pay pal to fix the problem... This guy is a scam... stay away
kommareddi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sure is a great forum with a lot of helpful folks contributing their time and wisdom.

If only Mr. Hovis ships my cable...4wks and waiting to get going on my new 8910.
spimly

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been waiting two weeks for a cable too. I got an email response from him stating "Not sure what has happened but I will reship tomorrow." I'm not holding my breath because that was a week ago. I guess there is a reason his email name is "slickrick"!

Spimly
spimly

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After writing this I went home to find a new cable was waiting for me in the mail. Embarassed Still, had I had any meaningful feedback I would not have resorted to the negative posts. All part of the instant gratification we have come to expect from the 'Net.
TexasRenegade

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Hovis Direct??? Reply with quote

Sorry, I wasn't sure what forum to post to.

I purchased a JP1 cable and other things from Hovis Direct on 3/11/2006
and have not received it yet. I was wondering if anyone else was having
trouble with them or ordered anything from them and how long did you
have to wait for it to arrive.

I have e-mailed them two times asking when will it ship and no response.
I am wondering if I should contact PayPal and make a complaint

Any advice welcome

Thanks
Sad

Michael Stuart
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long delivery times are pretty standard for Hovis, I'm sorry to say.
scpanj

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a JP1 cable from HovisDirect on 03/10/2006, and paid by paypal. I did not receive any confirmation from HovisDirect about the order. Nor any reply to the email I sent to him yesterday.

Have I just potentially lost my money? I am really waiting for the cable to program my remote....

Does anyone have the phone number I can call? ... Thanks for any help.

-- weiping
kommareddi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got my cable yesterday that I had ordered on 2/20/06. So 4 weeks and a day. Based on the posts here, it appears that 4-6wks is about the standard shipping time for HovisDirect.

Cable works great though. I had collected and compiled all the codes for my devices in the 4 wks and it took about an hr to reprogram my 8910 to my liking.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kommareddi wrote:
I had collected and compiled all the codes for my devices in the 4 weeks and it took about an hour to reprogram my 8910 to my liking.
Just FYI, if you happen to have a remote that has an internal modem (like the URC-8910) and you're waiting for your cable to arrive, you can still load your upgrades, etc into the remote by converting them to a WAV file and using the remote's modem.

To convert an IR file to a WAV file, select "Export To WAV" from IR's File menu.

To put the URC-8910 into listening mode, select UPGRADE from the LCD screen menu.
scpanj

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first looked at this topic, I only see two posts, and now there are lots of them. Does anyone know why? if I saw so many problems/complains, I will not order from him.

Also i think this topic should not be sticky anymore. As the new user of this forum, I trust the sticky post and think that is reliable seller.

Thanks.

-- weiping
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Market Place All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: