JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

GI Cable protocol

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: GI Cable protocol Reply with quote

I've just had 2 users complain they still get double-clicking even when I built them a Remote using zero repeat.

Can someone confirm that we have set the correct bit ?

Normal
---------
Code.S3C80=43 8B 01 8B 12 CC 4D 00 08 00 FA 08 B6 00 FA 04 51 C3 3C 11 94 08 B6 20 11 08 03 F6 FF 36 08 04 F0 C0 56 C0 F0 04 04 C0 60 C0 56 C0 F0 06 C0 10 F6 FF 36 8D 01 46 1C 08 C0 C0 10 04 1A FA AF

No Repeat
------------
Code.S3C80=43 8B 01 8B 12 CC 4C 00 08 00 FA 08 B6 00 FA 04 51 C3 3C 11 94 08 B6 20 11 08 03 F6 FF 36 08 04 F0 C0 56 C0 F0 04 04 C0 60 C0 56 C0 F0 06 C0 10 F6 FF 36 8D 01 46 1C 08 C0 C0 10 04 1A FA AF
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alan, I finally got a chance to look at this, my life has been really hectic lately, and when I do get here, I am distracted with all the "pre-black-friday-spamming" that needs to be cleaned up. I wish those pesky spammers would go away instead of wasting their time and my time!

Any way I was going to create an upgrade and then use one of those buttons in a macro to simulate how it behaves in the slingbox. I never got that far, On my machine RemoteMaster thinks that GI cable and GI cable (no repeats), is the same protocol. Same goes for RC5 and RC5 (no repeats).

I'm using RM alpha v.2.03 alpha 23 and my protocols.ini is from October 2014, so I probably downloaded yours from the file area.

If you look on your output page, it says upgrade Protocol not required in red. If it says that, its not going to package it in the bin. I don't know how to fix that, RM is an enigma to me. You might want to see if this works with an earlier RM.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vicky. My life is definitely not hectic (I love being retired) so if there is anything I can do to help let me know. I already have full moderator status.

Very interesting point about Protocols.ini, I think, through lack of understanding I have just been copying the revised protocol with the flipped bit but leaving the PID as is. Hence it is not forcing the update. So as I see it ALL of the no-repeat protocols should have the PID changed to 01 FF to force the upgrade. I've done that and updated the download.

Make sense ?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All your no repeat entries need a variant name. A VariantName distinguishes it from the built in device. They can all have the same variant, its just not a variant that is not in the RDF

[XMP (Slingbox)(No repeat)]
PID=01 6C
VariantName=JP1Slingbox

[RC-5 (No Repeat)]
PID=00 E8
VariantName=JP1Slingbox

On items where you have multiple needs, zero input just alter the Variant Name slightly.
[Nokia32 (one repeat)]

VariantName=JP1Slingbox1

[Nokia32 (one repeat)]
VariantName=JP1Slingbox0

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That doesn't correlate with the existing system. We have been using a NEC1 (no repeat) protocol successfully for a few years and that doesn't have a Variant name, just a different PID.

Having said that, your system does work, and forces an update.

So is either/or, or should I always leave the PID alone ?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as we have a very limited number of PIDs available, I would recommend using the variant name instead of a new PID.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob, long time no hear Very Happy Glad you here keeping an eye on us.

I wasn't actually using a new PID, I was just reusing 01 00F. But the variant name is a more elegant method so I will use that instead.

I've updated the download again.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bring up the list of new posts every so often and randomly select ones that I think might interest me, and the GI protocol caught my eye.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: