JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

shifted devices on a 15-2116 ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ngtw16a

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:33 pm    Post subject: shifted devices on a 15-2116 ?? Reply with quote

Hello JP1 newbe here.

I read that the 15-2116 can control 15 devices even though it only has 8 physical device keys.

I wanted to know...if I can define shift-DVD to a different 4 digit device code. Then...(assuming no keymoves)...

DVD would be dvd1
and shift-DVD would be dvd2 (and I wouldn't have to keep hitting shift once in this 'device mode', right?)

1) is this possible?
2) how do I define it? Does it require some special coding?

~Pat

Thank you all.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The additional devices are db-09 thru db-14. To use db-09, for example, make a macro on shift-DVD with one step - db-09. Assign the 4 digit code or some other device upgrade to db-09 on the general tab. After you are in that device mode, you do not have to press shift-DVD again.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: shifted devices on a 15-2116 ?? Reply with quote

ngtw16a wrote:
Hello JP1 newbe here.

I wanted to know...if I can define shift-DVD to a different 4 digit device code. Then...(assuming no keymoves)...

DVD would be dvd1
and shift-DVD would be dvd2 (and I wouldn't have to keep hitting shift once in this 'device mode', right?)

That macro that you set up to access the phantom mode also has its own keymoves.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
ngtw16a

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:23 am    Post subject: almost got it Reply with quote

Thank you both for the info.

Just one last Q.

I understand the concept...and I can assign a different code in the general area for db-14. I figured out that much Smile

BUT when I try to assign a macro to shift-DVD...
the db-09 thru db-14 are NOT listed: just the phantom buttons.

That is using the standard .rdf....I DID notice that if I used the
extender2 version...THEN the db09-14 show up as macro buttons.

Does this mean I need to load an extender to somehow map phantom-keys to phantom-buttons (db09-14) ??

I think I'm missing a step somewhere...

thankx.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you need to be using the extender in order to get the phantom device buttons. If you're not using the extender, and don't want to use it, you could use the Device Multiplexor to stack multiple setup codes onto a single device button.
ngtw16a

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: thankx Reply with quote

Thank you Rob...great info in here.

I'll start reading up on the extenders!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: