JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My JP1 knowlege saved the day!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject: My JP1 knowlege saved the day! Reply with quote

So yesterday I am babysitting and the little ones want to watch DVDs. The DVD player remote can't be found and no buttons on the unit!

There is an Atlas Ocap Remote on the table, which of course wasn't programmed to be used with the DVD or the Blu Ray! Why is it that so many people don't do the setup or change when they get new equipment!

So I went to the lookup tool, found a working code for the DVD player and the BlueRay and programmed them in.

All very good EXCEPT the Atlas Ocap has that flaw with the OK/Select always defaults to cable, so the kiddie interactive DVD doesn't work! Again, using the lookup tool, I was able to find the EFC for the DVD and BluRAY players and use the keymove command found in the Wiki I was able to set up a keymoves in the DVD and BluRay on the OK/Select button.

I had entertainment for the kids!!!

I really need to find a different way for mobile users to scroll through the brand names on the lookup tool. With thousands of brands, it takes forever to look up that information on the phone! I felt like I was going to wear out my finger trying to get down to the S's..... Twice!

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
tranx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing what a bit of carrot and stick can achieve! Seriously, you may be underestimating that big first hurdle to getting into this sort of thing, which personally is still out of reach, and also the inverse snobbery of 'knowing a (person!) who can' Smile
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been in this hobby for 13 years, and all my friends pile all there remotes on the table when I come over, just to torment me! Laughing Laughing Laughing It definately is an oddball hobby.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: