JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help with Nfusion HD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonydix

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:49 am    Post subject: Help with Nfusion HD Reply with quote

1. Device: Nfusion HD
2. Type of device: Satellite
3. Year: 2009
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC-3940
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? yes
6. Still have original remote? No
7. Checked the file section? yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? yes
9. Partially working setup code? yes 2010 and 2000
10. Learning remote question? no
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? yes nfusion not found

I have the number keys working properly I really need the colour buttons to work to program the box. Thanks for any help.
Tony
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
9. Partially working setup code? yes 2010 and 2000

This refers to an internal code, and I'm guessing that these are referring to the Nfusion upgrades we have in the file section. Nec1 Device 8

EFC, OBC, Hex, Function

Nfusion Nuvenio
036 76 CD yellow/A
040 77 4D blue/B
039 74 AD red/C
043 75 2D green/D

nFusion nova
244 28 C7 recall/last - Red
246 30 87 audio - Green
170 71 1D text - Yellow
248 29 47 language - Blue

The JP1Master spreadsheet doesn't seem to work anymore, so finding other codes is not as easy as it used to be.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are looking for Nec1 8, you might want to look for color buttons that use the same EFC's for the numbers as your partially working upgrade.

For example Cable 1995/Nec1 8
248 29 47 Blue
217 33 7B Green
246 30 87 Red
244 28 C7 Yellow

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
tonydix

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off many thanks to vickyg for her response.
I think I am missing something here or my 3940 is misbehaving. this is what happens :-
I load the upgrade nfusion nova from the files section
I change the remote to 3940 and the type from cable to Sat.
I get a message about button allocations so I go to buttons and fix that.
I then save the changes copy the upgrade code.
I go to devices and new and paste the code which I give a code of 2100 and assign to button sat.
I upload to the remote and all seems to go well.
I the load the upgrade with key presses sat magic 02100 and get a double blink at the end.
When I press sat and then power or volume up or anything I get no response from nfusion box nor any from the remote ie no blinks with any key depression.
What am I missing here ?
Thanks
Tony
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonydix wrote:
First off many thanks to vickyg for her response.
I think I am missing something here or my 3940 is misbehaving. this is what happens :-
I load the upgrade nfusion nova from the files section
I change the remote to 3940 and the type from cable to Sat.
I get a message about button allocations so I go to buttons and fix that.
I then save the changes copy the upgrade code.

Sounds good up to here
Quote:

I go to devices and new and paste the code which I give a code of 2100 and assign to button sat.

I don't have access to my tools, I'm doing working off my tablet, but most remotes don't support codes above 20xx, I forget what the xx is, like 24 or 48, so I just stick between 2000 and 2010.
Quote:

I upload to the remote and all seems to go well.
I the load the upgrade with key presses sat magic 02100 and get a double blink at the end.
When I press sat and then power or volume up or anything I get no response from nfusion box nor any from the remote ie no blinks with any key depression.
What am I missing here ?
Thanks
Tony

the remote probably reset whet it tried to access an invalid SAT code which was just plain to high.
Also you normally assign the device code on the General page of IR or RMIR which ever software you are using.

tonydix

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again for your advice. Havent managed to get anything working so far. I think the remote might be flakey .
I go through the whole process of adapting an uograde give it a code of 2001 load it into the remote with apparent success. I then use sat - magic - 02001 and get 2 blinks. I press sat on remote and try any key but no response from the remote (or the nfusion). I tried to use the KM upgrade available in the files section but that does not have the 3940 in its dropdown list. So I am stumped. I do appreciate the advice you have given me so far. Many thanks. Tony
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post somethingyou files so we can take a look

tonydix

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK so I posted the file which partially works as follows :-
numbers 1 thu 8 , ok, menu, up,left,right are all ok
9 gives volume up, zero and down dont work and neither do the colours.
The file is at :-
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12821
Many thanks for your help.
Tony
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A file is worth a million words!
RMIR choked when adding the Nfusion Nova upgrade. The original RDMU file had blank lines RM hates blank lines. It scrambled all the functions on import. I reimported that file and added the other Nfusion upgrade as well.
Try the first one, if it doesn't work switch to device 2004.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12824

PS. I'm gone for the weekend. So if you have more problems, hopefully someone else will chime in.

tonydix

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2004 worked perfectly. Many many thanks. When you get a moment please point me to some references where I can learn about how you analysed the rmdu file. Again many thanks
Tony
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad this worked for you
tonydix wrote:
When you get a moment please point me to some references where I can learn about how you analysed the rmdu file. Again many thanks
Tony

A lot came from your excellent description of how the remote was behaving.

Popping open the file you provided, it was easy to see the behavior. The thing I was looking for was the OBC column. The OBC values make sense to the engineer that designed the remote. Sometimes they refer to the layout on the circuit board, which makes them "not make sense" to me. Sometimes there is a pattern in the hex, that can be seen. But most of the time they are just a sequential list. In this case 1 was 1, 2 was 2 and so on, but 0 showed up as 189, not the 0 or 10 that we would typically be seen in a sequential list. When numbers scramble like that, its almost always blank lines that make the function list really easy for humans, not so easy for RMIR.

The fix for this is easy. Just open the RDMU file, from RemoteMaster, not from RMIR. Then the program isn't doing any fancy mathematics in the background. Move to the function page, click "CleanUP"and all the spaces go away, then SAVE the file. Now you can open it in RMIR, and RMIR doesn't choke when doing all the fancy stuff, like creating the 5 digit EFCs and making sure the protocol is compatible....

Hope that explains things.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: