JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Xsight Touch ARRX18G not found/recognized by Remote Master
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackssr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12835

Graham,

This is the latest config. I can download into RM-IR and save but I can not load back into original remote or my spare.

This is the save that I cannot consistently load back in to either original or spare

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12837

Last edited by blackssr on Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackssr, please make absolutely sure you are using Alpha 25 by going to Help/About and checking the version. Then, after you have done the raw downloads suggested above, please try loading this setup file. It corresponds to your original raw download and loads without error into my XSight Touch (even though the signature is different).
blackssr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Blackssr, please make absolutely sure you are using Alpha 25 by going to Help/About and checking the version. Then, after you have done the raw downloads suggested above, please try loading this setup file. It corresponds to your original raw download and loads without error into my XSight Touch (even though the signature is different).

Version 2.03 Alpha 25 for sure.

Downloaded the setup file. Opened without error but when trying to load into remote it throws out this error:
"Upload verify failed: read back 257 bytes, but expected 524288"

The error seems random. I tried both your setup and the one I just uploaded. It threw out the error twice and then loaded on third try. This is on 2 different remotes. Both have worked for weeks without issue. I alternate between the two just to test them out. Eventually one will be put away for spare.

Last edited by blackssr on Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure battery is fully charged. Then try 981 reset (go to reset menu in the remote itself, then press 981).

Also is firmware up to date from EZ-RC?

Lastly, are you using a different USB port or Win 8.x? If so, the registry change to disable power management must be done for every port.
blackssr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest firmware on both from Web Site ver 1.3.32
Battery as 4 bars on both. Took off charger 2 hours ago.
Reset both remotes and loaded my save back on both and it worked this time without error.

I noticed that when I exit RM-IR it asks to save changes even though I didn't make any. If I say "yes" the save file can no longer be loaded into program again, if I say "no" the file doesn't get corrupt and can be used to reload again.

Exact words: "The data has changed. Do you want to save the current upgrade before proceeding?" If i choose "No" all is good and I can load the save back in when i need it. If I say " Yes" the save seems to get corrupted.

I am on Win 7 Pro
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much time at the moment, but here is what I have found. Your new setup loads fine into my XSight Touch. The "save changes" occurs because RMIR does things slightly differently from EZ-RC, e.g. trimming spaces. You have a learned signal called "Speaker ", for example, with a trailing space that RMIR will remove, that will change the data.

I will look into this further tomorrow.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you please post, for me to look at, both a raw download from a remote AFTER a failed upload, AND the .rmir file after you say "Yes" to the "Do you want to save ..." message, the one that appears to be corrupted as it won't upload. I need to see what has gone wrong, as well as the raw download you have already posted that I presume you made before you did anything with Alpha 25.

I will try to reproduce your issues with my remote tomorrow, but I think I really will need these additional files in order to see what might be going wrong. It looks as if something odd has happened to the data in your remote, so I might not be able to reproduce it with mine.
blackssr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Can you please post, for me to look at, both a raw download from a remote AFTER a failed upload, AND the .rmir file after you say "Yes" to the "Do you want to save ..." message, the one that appears to be corrupted as it won't upload. I need to see what has gone wrong, as well as the raw download you have already posted that I presume you made before you did anything with Alpha 25.

I will try to reproduce your issues with my remote tomorrow, but I think I really will need these additional files in order to see what might be going wrong. It looks as if something odd has happened to the data in your remote, so I might not be able to reproduce it with mine.

Please see info. All was created with alpha 25.
1) Saved configuration file saying “No” to saving changes of “Mikes final configuration”.(Loads fine into RM-IR)
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12841

2) Saved configuration file saying “Yes” to saving changes of “Mikes final configuration”. (No Longer loads into RM-IR) It seems to truncate the file. 1/10 the size.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12842

3) This is the Raw download from the remote after receiving this message when trying to upload saved file of “Mikes Final Configuration”: “Upload verify failed: readback 257 bytes, but expected 524288”
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12843

4) This is the Raw download from the remote after successful upload of saved file of “Mikes Final Configuration”:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12844
blackssr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:

Blackssr, where did you get your icons from? Are they from EZ-RC or did you import them from elsewhere? If so, where, as they are very nice ones. You will have seen from my previous posts that one of the issues I had concerned the format of your icons. If they came from EZ-RC, it seems to mean that EZ-RC has changed the format of the icons it uses, as RMIR used to work fine with icons set up with EZ-RC.

Those are harmony icons.
http://www.iconharmony.com/icons/home
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackssr, here are my findings so far concerning the problems you are having with RMIR v2.03 Alpha 25.

I take it that between this original raw download of October 1 and this completed one of October 23, the changes were made entirely with EZ-RC. I think this must be so as you were unable to use RMIR until I posted Alpha 25. My first observation is that the original one has a file length of 1341440 bytes, the completed one is 1783808 bytes. This difference is not due to your changes, but to EZ-RC having done something strange.

The original file has your Harmony icons represented without a transparency layer. It was this fact that caused many of the problems with Alpha 24g and which needed some substantial changes to RMIR to handle them. The completed file has them represented WITH a transparency layer, that layer marking every pixel as completely opaque. This adds one byte per pixel to every icon and is responsible for the great increase in length. The completed file also has the system icons for five of your devices changed. The icons are referenced by a single-byte value that labels the position of the icon in a table of system icons. In the completed file, five of these references have been changed, all to the same byte value that refers to a non-existent icon. If you load DenonAtmos into RMIR you will see that five of the devices have unchecked icon boxes. If you are still able to load the completed setup into your remote, you will see that these five devices have no icon. I have loaded it into my XSight Touch and have confirmed this fact.

Version Alpha 25 of RMIR treats your Harmony icons consistently, so when you downloaded your completed setup into it, it recognised the presence of the irrelevant completely opaque transparency layer on each Harmony icon and represented the icons without it. So although you made no changes, RMIR did so. (The reason that RMIR is able to handle every type of UEI remote is that it interprets the data when it downloads and reconstructs it when it uploads, so the display mechanisms handle interpreted data that is independent of the storage format in the remote.)

I have not been able to reproduce any errors from your files. I have loaded your completed raw download, all 1.78MB of it, into my Touch and confirmed the absence of icons on five devices. I have downloaded that, saved the result as a .rmir file and compared it with your DenonAtmos.rmir file. They are identical apart from a difference in the model of the remote (which is stored in the file). I have then uploaded this .rmir file to my Touch without error. After this upload I did a raw download and compared it with your "after success" raw download. They differ only in the five bytes referencing the icons for the five devices mentioned above. In my raw download they were the references to the non-existent icon, in yours they were to the correct icons. (I'm not sure what file it was that was successfully uploaded, but it appears to have been one with the correct icons.) Incidentally the "after success" and "after error" raw downloads you posted are identical.

So I can see no problems with Alpha 25 or your data but do see that EZ-RC has behaved erratically. Sequences of events that have caused a verification error on upload for you have not done so for me. This leads me to believe that somehow there is corrupt data in your remote. How it got there is unclear. You say that all your uploads were with Alpha 25, but the symptoms you experienced were similar to ones I had when I loaded your original raw download into my Touch with Alpha 24g. So my only suggestion at present is that you do an upload with Alpha 25, checking Help/About to be absolutely sure that it is Alpha 25 (however certain you are, please do this check), of the longest setup that has been in your remote. This should get rid of any corrupt data. Here is what to do. Please follow this precisely.

Download blackssr_final_setup.rmir (it is in a zip package). It is the same link I posted before, but the file is different so be sure to download it again. Load it into Alpha 25. Open the Raw Data tab. You will see a table of hex values displayed in black, many of which are in boldface. The bold ones are bytes changed by RMIR. Open the Advanced menu and click on "Preserve original data". The display will turn blue (and is very much longer, if you try scrolling them down to the bottom). This is the data in your raw download of your completed setup dated October 23. Making sure that it is these blue values that are displayed, click the Upload up arrow on the taskbar. This should upload without any verification error. Close RMIR saying No when it asks if you want to save your changes.

This should restore your remote to the state before you started experimenting with Alpha 25 (and you can check that there are five devices with no icon, as explained above). Now try doing things again. If you still get a verification error on upload, or if you get one following the instructions above, please post THREE things. The file you were trying to upload, a raw download after the failure, and the rmaster.err file that you will find in the RMIR installation directory (you need to have closed RMIR before you can read or copy this). Post them in a single zip package to save space. Good luck.

BTW I have uploaded Alpha 25a to fix a bug reported here. You may use this if you wish, but the bug it fixes is not relevant to your files.
blackssr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ I followed your instructions to the letter and am happy to report that all errors have disappeared. I have upgraded to alpha 25a and loaded my "repaired" saved file on 5 different remotes without a single error. I reset all remotes and tested again. No errors. I added a new X10 light control module, saved to my " Denon Atmos" save file and loaded on all 5 remotes again without error. I even added missing Icons to those devices, saved file and loaded on all 5 remotes. It appears all is working for HT setup. Thanks so much.

I tired to load my MasterBedroom setup into RM-IR and it throws the same error that my HT setup was. I have uploaded raw data. It you are done with me I understand. Very Happy but i figure my setup should help iron out any more bugs.

This doesn't load into RM-IR. Same error as before.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12846
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackssr, I am pleased, and mightily relieved Very Happy , that my suggestion resolved your problem with loading errors.

I am looking at your MasterBedroom setup but haven't finished with it yet. The issue preventing loading is that the AV button of the TiVo device appears to be mapped to the Input function of a non-existent device. This seems to be another example of EZ-RC producing data that is inconsistent, but which the remote can handle though RMIR at present cannot. Do you have any idea how this came about? Did you have this button assigned to the Input function of a real device and later, deleted the device? I am still thinking about how to handle this in RMIR and it might be helpful if you have any idea how this could have arisen.
blackssr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ I understand your question, but not entirely clear on what button the AV button is on the remote.

Update:

Is it the input button in the lower left corner? I just remapped that button on EZ-RC for all devices and activities to the "Info" button for the Marantz. When pressed it shows what input signal is coming in. I downloaded into remote.

It nows loads into RM-IR without error. Good call on your part. I guess you are the "Yoda" of IR. Very Happy . I need to be more careful with the details of my configuration in the future as not to create havoc down the road. Is there a way on your end to make RM-IR more forgiving to mistakes like the ones I made with my configuration? Either way I appreciate all your effort. This remote could have been great if the OEM would have perfected the software. Is there any way your software can add features to the remote like for instance: A "Jump to" or "return to" activity page without relaunching the activity. IMHO the philips pronto had the best software for its time. If some of those programming features could be incorporated, this remote could be great.

A couple of questions if I may:

1) Is it better to start with RM-IR or do the web site first and then bring in. My issues could have been avoided if I started off with RM-IR. It seems the WeB site is quicker to get going and then RM-IR to tweak and backup.

2) Can I load my tweaked configuration back to web site or will the tweaks cause havoc for EZ-RC?

3) Can I break down my devices into separate files and upload on this site to give back if anyone neesd them for their remotes.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now modified RMIR to handle this situation. If EZ-RC can produce something apparently meaningless that is simply ignored by the remote, RMIR needs to be able to handle it. So here is RMIR v2.03 Alpha 25b, which will accept macros containing keypresses on non-existent devices. There should be no difference in behaviour for setups that do not contain such a scenario.

Yes, I meant the button on the lower left corner. On the European remote it is labelled AV. It don't know if it is labelled differently on the US version.

Is there a way to make RMIR more forgiving? I wish there was, but every error situation has to be handled separately. It isn't actually you that is making mistakes, it is EZ-RC that is misbehaving. I hope that RMIR will not allow you to create a setup that cannot be loaded back into it, or which is not accepted by the remote. My advice would be to stick to RMIR in future as you have already seen that EZ-RC is inconsistent in its behaviour. But I would say that, wouldn't I Very Happy .
blackssr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^
MasterBedroom Final with corrections

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12848

I saved one remote with the old configuration. It is at my house. I will test when I leave my office later today. You feel the new alpha will load even with that issue? I will confirm also. If does then I can remap that button is your software and no longer need EZ_RC in the future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: