JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Xsight Touch ARRX18G not found/recognized by Remote Master
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While we're on the subject of features, what do the "assist" sections do on the activities tab? Are these just a place to put key moves?
blackssr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
blackssr wrote:
Did I do something to cause this issue?

No, it's just that you have the most complicated setup for this remote that I have ever seen Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy .

Edit: The one I really can't get my head around at the moment is how you have made the Power button in Favorites mode be the macro you have put on the Vizio Stop button. I really didn't know that was possible. Does EZ-RC allow you to do that?

Graham,

All configs were done with EZ-RC. I believe when you first create a Macro you must assign it to a button. After that you can assign anywhere you want to any button you want.. I made each device and activity have its own power off macro so that I can shut down just what is on. I have discretes for everything except Amazon Fire TV and KDlinks. The favorites power on/off are just power toggles so I can watch TV with just one button.
I have a newer config with a couple more activities, would you like that one also?

Thanks again,

Mike

Last edited by blackssr on Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
tranx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xnappo wrote:
Thanks Very Happy The one I would love to see is a way to get a soft button to change activities - but looks like no one has figured that out yet.

xnappo
me too, and guess the same could not be done with devices, but at least by pressing the favorites button you can go from home, from a device, or from an activity, straight to 'favorites', which is itself a sort of 'activity'
tranx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
While we're on the subject of features, what do the "assist" sections do on the activities tab? Are these just a place to put key moves?
These options are for buttons, labelled "Assist", to appear in the lcd panel of the activity, for issuing the three types of command which might help if something should go out of synch, i.e. not usually needed and just take up space on the first page
tranx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tranx wrote:
xnappo wrote:
Thanks Very Happy The one I would love to see is a way to get a soft button to change activities - but looks like no one has figured that out yet.

xnappo
me too, and guess the same could not be done with devices, but at least by pressing the favorites button you can go from home, from a device, or from an activity, straight to 'favorites', which is itself a sort of 'activity'

Just discovered that once an Activity has been defined it does not appear on the macro page of RMIR, but in the device pages it can be chosen from the macro selection option, for allocation to any button!
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tranx wrote:

Just discovered that once an Activity has been defined it does not appear on the macro page of RMIR, but in the device pages it can be chosen from the macro selection option, for allocation to any button!

And it works? If so - sweet!

xnappo
tranx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xnappo wrote:
tranx wrote:

And it works? If so - sweet!

xnappo
Well, those activity macros now just change input (the first associated commands) and things have been a bit unstable anyway, but on the first tries I am sure it worked!
- currently it just changes input, but the device/activity remains unchanged

Both before and after the discovery, in the device screens when tidying up, I noticed that whatever I did one of the functions which I had 'removed' was still marked in black and the remove button was greyed out for one of the other allocated 'macro' functions so it could not be 'removed'. If I put a normal button on it that could be removed, but the un-allocated macro function was still in black and not red as it should have been for one button or another. Also button functions have been altered behind the scenes. It is as if there has been corruption and some hidden lists have got out of order.

At some stage I got something like 'upload failed, unexpected number found' but can't now find the screenshot, along with the usual 'error downloading from the remote' which has been reported. Something has gone wrong but meanwhile I will keep trying.

I think I have followed the instructions, more than two or three times, but still have ARRX15 illustration instead of one for Colour in the layout page, and can still at first entry go back to an odd 'page 0' of the lcd buttons, which oddity is cancelled by progressing to page 2 so other things seem out of kilter too.

Expect that in due course it will all come out in the wash.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tranx, I have sorted the page 0 issue, which was a bug, for the next version. The illustration issue is not significant. We haven't bothered to create separate illustrations for the US and European versions as the remotes are identical except for the brand name. It so happens that it is the US illustration for the Touch/ARRX18G and the European one for the Color/ARRX15G, whatever the jpg files may be called. You are getting the ARRX18G illustration for the Color as you are using a modified Touch RDF. I will be posting an RDF for the Color which will show the European Color remote (as does the ARRX15G RDF).
tranx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mathdon, thanks for clarifying - thought some probs might have been self-imposed Smile

Thought it was terrible with EZ-RC but with the help of JP1 I now like it enough to send for a Nevo2 which was hard to ignore at $21 (post paid)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIVERSAL-ELECTRONICS-NEVO-C2-Remote-Control-2-2-colour-display-/271553100394?pt=US_Remote_Controls&hash=item3f39d37a6a
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackssr wrote:
All configs were done with EZ-RC. I believe when you first create a Macro you must assign it to a button. After that you can assign anywhere you want to any button you want.

I knew that, but did not realise that the "anywhere" included the Power button on Activity and Favorites setup. I've found it now in EZ-RC and incorporated it into RMIR.

blackssr wrote:
I have a newer config with a couple more activities, would you like that one also?

Thanks for the offer, but I will trust that you haven't found yet another previously unknown feature in EZ-RC Very Happy . I've now fixed what turned out to be quite a lot of new things I learned from your setup, and subject to further testing not throwing up anything new, I hope to post RMIR v2.03 Alpha 25 with these fixes tomorrow or Friday. I regard the changes as substantial, hence the version going to Alpha 25 rather than continuing the Alpha 24a,b,...,g sequence.
blackssr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Excited.. Thanks so much. Hopefully my setup will work now.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is RMIR v2.03 Alpha 25 as promised. There is also an RDF for the URC-8602 XSight Colour in this collection of RDFs for recent remotes.

There is a more detailed announcement here in the RMIR XSight Support thread. If anything still does not work properly, please let me know.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a bit more information, primarily for blackssr. When you first use RMIR, the only obvious information about icons is a checkbox marking whether or not a table entry has an associated icon. But there is much more to it than this. If you select an entry with an icon, the icon displays in the button bar. Even more, if you double-click the checkbox (whether or not it is ticked), it opens an icon editor that displays all the icons in the remote for this category of item. From it you can select a different icon and also export an icon to a file or import a new one from a file.

If you need new icons when using RMIR, you do need to import them as for obvious reasons RMIR does not have a stock of icons available in the way that EZ-RC has. There are several sources of suitable icons available, but others can advise you on that better than me.

Blackssr, where did you get your icons from? Are they from EZ-RC or did you import them from elsewhere? If so, where, as they are very nice ones. You will have seen from my previous posts that one of the issues I had concerned the format of your icons. If they came from EZ-RC, it seems to mean that EZ-RC has changed the format of the icons it uses, as RMIR used to work fine with icons set up with EZ-RC.
blackssr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ I was finally able to download from my remote with latest config. No errors at all. Thank You.

I was able to save config as "DenonAtmos.rmir" to my hdd. However, when I tried to reload saved profile back on the same remote I get this message: "Upload verify failed: read back 257 bytes, but expected 524288"

And if I try to load on different, same model "virgin" clean remote I get "Error Loading File: DenonAtmos.rmir" message.

Sorry for all the hassle.

Mike
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackssr wrote:
I was able to save config as "DenonAtmos.rmir" to my hdd. However, when I tried to reload saved profile back on the same remote I get this message: "Upload verify failed: read back 257 bytes, but expected 524288"

And if I try to load on different, same model "virgin" clean remote I get "Error Loading File: DenonAtmos.rmir" message.

No hassle, sorry for the problem. I had this behaviour with your original raw download and thought I had overcome it. Could you please post a fresh raw download from both the remotes? Incidentally, do the remotes behave properly or have they locked up? Even if they have, the raw download should still work. Whatever the situation, don't worry, we can sort it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: