JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Xsight Touch ARRX18G not found/recognized by Remote Master
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mathdon and 3FG are the real experts. I'll continue to help where I can.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we're down to mathdon as the only expert--which makes sense because he has written all the Xsight code (and a lot of other JP1 software).
wkupike2000

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon
Can you check out the thread since you last posted and see what you can recommend? We're close to having my issue resolved. Thanks!
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wkupike2000 wrote:
mathdon
Can you check out the thread since you last posted and see what you can recommend? We're close to having my issue resolved. Thanks!

Will do, but it will have to wait till later this week.
wkupike2000

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had time today to factory reset the Xsight and build from scratch. Everything was working perfectly but I remembered I forgot to add a few of the RCA RT2390 inputs to the touchscreen. I went to Download from Remote to adjust it and received the error telling me to do the Raw Download and post for diagnosis. It's posted here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12818
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
wkupike2000 wrote:
mathdon

Will do, but it will have to wait till later this week.

Just to say I haven't forgotten, but have not yet had time.
wkupike2000

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completely understand, hopefully someone else can check out the new File I added to see what they think too. Maybe they'll come up with something prior to you getting a chance to review it
blackssr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wkupike2000 wrote:
I had time today to factory reset the Xsight and build from scratch. Everything was working perfectly but I remembered I forgot to add a few of the RCA RT2390 inputs to the touchscreen. I went to Download from Remote to adjust it and received the error telling me to do the Raw Download and post for diagnosis. It's posted here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12818

I tried everything I can think off to get the remote to download without the error you mentioned. I guess this is not meant to be. I have the remote dialed in perfectly using the Web Site but still would like to use RM_IR to be independant should the site disappear. I purchased 4 spares from ebay and they are brand new and perfect working condition. I loaded up my config all 4 of them using the web site and all work perfectly with my equipment. I would love to get them working with RM-IR.

Last edited by blackssr on Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
wkupike2000

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't given up hope yet but it's pretty tiring. I can get it partially working but never fully. It's crazy as all I need RM for is to add a remote I don't have the physical remote for. I can add it by itself but when i add my other components RM stops working for me.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just an update to say that I am now working on these issues. The issues that still arise about XSight remotes generally result from situations that I have overlooked, rather than new features of the remotes that I have not previously come across and they are easy to resolve. However, blackssr has come up with a setup that has not one, but two, features that I have not come across before and these are proving difficult to resolve. So have patience, it should only be a few days now.
blackssr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
This is just an update to say that I am now working on these issues. The issues that still arise about XSight remotes generally result from situations that I have overlooked, rather than new features of the remotes that I have not previously come across and they are easy to resolve. However, blackssr has come up with a setup that has not one, but two, features that I have not come across before and these are proving difficult to resolve. So have patience, it should only be a few days now.

Thanks so much for looking into this. Really appreciate it. Did I do something to cause this issue?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackssr wrote:
Did I do something to cause this issue?

No, it's just that you have the most complicated setup for this remote that I have ever seen Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy .

Edit: The one I really can't get my head around at the moment is how you have made the Power button in Favorites mode be the macro you have put on the Vizio Stop button. I really didn't know that was possible. Does EZ-RC allow you to do that?

Last edited by mathdon on Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curious what these two features are - maybe they are useful Very Happy

xnappo
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xnappo wrote:
Curious what these two features are - maybe they are useful Very Happy

Actually there were three features, but one I would call a bug of mine. That is that learned signals in macros didn't work properly. The two major ones were icons that didn't have a transparency layer and the one I've mentioned in my edit to my post above. I've dealt with the bug and amended the icon handling to cope with this new format, but RMIR has no way of even representing the Favorites Power button thing. RMIR does show that the Power button in Favorites mode is mapped to the Vizio device, but it expects that to be to the Vizio Power button, not this implicit keymove to the Stop button.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Very Happy The one I would love to see is a way to get a soft button to change activities - but looks like no one has figured that out yet.

xnappo
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: