JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Xsight Touch ARRX18G not found/recognized by Remote Master
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right that the Raw download is .IR. But we're past the point of needing any Raw downloads anymore. Just do a normal download using the toolbar button. Then add your devices, upload, and test out the remote. If the new devices still don't work, post the RMIR file you got when you saved. Forget about raw downloads from now on unless we specifically ask for that. Not that you would have know. I'm just trying to explain the correct procedure.
blackssr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej any luck with my issue? Did I upload the correct file?
wkupike2000

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my RMIR file. I was putting all Upgrade files in a separate folder and didn't know that's what you were referring to.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12803

The new RT2390 upgrade file did work to allow me to run the RCA Receiver on/off and change the input to TV. That's a good start, unfortunately it's missing commands to change to the other inputs.

As for the DirecTv receivers, no luck. My receivers corresponding to Address 1(DirecTv) and Address 2(DirecTv 2) still aren't controlled by the Xsight. This time an even stranger error occurred, DirecTv 3(setup on RF) now is being controlled no matter which of the three DirecTv devices I choose. That was not occurring previously. We're a little closer at least Smile
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wkupike2000 wrote:

The new RT2390 upgrade file did work to allow me to run the RCA Receiver on/off and change the input to TV. That's a good start, unfortunately it's missing commands to change to the other inputs.
I don't understand. The upgrades available here have defined functions for inputs tv, cd, dvd, tape, vcr, tuner, and sat. Do you mean that you tried these functions and they didn't work? Your RMIR file doesn't include the input functions other than tv, which makes me wonder if you actually tried them.

Quote:
As for the DirecTv receivers, no luck. My receivers corresponding to Address 1(DirecTv) and Address 2(DirecTv 2) still aren't controlled by the Xsight. This time an even stranger error occurred, DirecTv 3(setup on RF) now is being controlled no matter which of the three DirecTv devices I choose. That was not occurring previously. We're a little closer at least Smile
It looks to me that you have both DirecTV and DirecTV 3 set to device 12, which is receiver address 1. That shouldn't stop you from controlling receivers 1 and 2, however. Now that you have a new behavior for the DirecTV 3 receiver, have you checked to see if the OEM remotes give the same behavior? If they don't, it suggests to me that we may be misunderstanding which receiver numbers are actually in use.
wkupike2000

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tested the OEM remotes, all work as expected 1 to DirecTv, 2 to DirecTv 2, and 3 to DirecTv 3.

I never saw the other input options. I opened back up the RMIR and none of the other inputs showed for me as even being available so I factory reset the Xsight and started over loading everything. Before uploading to the remote though I deleted the RCA and reloaded the upgrade for it.

This time, the RCA is back to not working at all. I even had put commands on the Soft buttons but they wouldn't show on the touch screen. Even crazier, the DirecTv 3(the one controlled by RF) now doesn't work at all. DirecTV is being controlled when DirecTv 2 is selected and vice versa. I'm guessing that's just a matter of switching the device #'s to get that corrected. I have no idea why the DirecTv 3 and the RCA stopped. I did test all three OEM remotes for DirecTv after this and all worked properly.

Here's latest RMIR: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12805
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackssr wrote:
mdavej any luck with my issue? Did I upload the correct file?
I haven't had any luck with it (can't get it to load on my system). Mathdon is probably looking at it as well. Hang in there.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wkupike2000 wrote:
I tested the OEM remotes, all work as expected 1 to DirecTv, 2 to DirecTv 2, and 3 to DirecTv 3.

I never saw the other input options. I opened back up the RMIR and none of the other inputs showed for me as even being available so I factory reset the Xsight and started over loading everything. Before uploading to the remote though I deleted the RCA and reloaded the upgrade for it.

This time, the RCA is back to not working at all. I even had put commands on the Soft buttons but they wouldn't show on the touch screen. Even crazier, the DirecTv 3(the one controlled by RF) now doesn't work at all. DirecTV is being controlled when DirecTv 2 is selected and vice versa. I'm guessing that's just a matter of switching the device #'s to get that corrected. I have no idea why the DirecTv 3 and the RCA stopped. I did test all three OEM remotes for DirecTv after this and all worked properly.

Here's latest RMIR: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12805

DirecTV:

So 1 and 2 are controlled by IR, and 2 is indeed working. My guess is box 1 isn't really address 1. If you can't confirm any other way, you can learn a single command from the original remote that works with 1, post your file and that will tell us the correct address to use.

Box 3 is RF, so IR the address is irrelevant. Having it the same address as box 1 is probably ok. RF is enabled and paired with the box via settings on the remote itself. It's possible this setting is getting wiped out by RMIR. If so, it's a bug that needs to be fixed. So please try going through the RF setup for DirecTV on the Xsight and see if that fixes the issue. Then upload and download without making any changes to see if the setting sticks.

Is it possible box 1 is also controlled by RF? You can confirm this by covering the end of the original remote and seeing if it still controls the box. If you find that it's really RF, then you must change it back to IR for it to work with Xsight since Xsight can only control one DirecTV box by RF due to the way the pairing is done.

RCA:

The upgrade worked at one point, but some commands were missing. You then added the missing commands, and the upgrade stopped working entirely. Unfortunately, I'm unable to load your latest RMIR file, so perhaps Mathdon can take a look at that. Or try to post another.
wkupike2000

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try your directions on Sunday and report back as I'm out of town until then. Maybe someone else can checkout my RMIR file. Directv 1 couldn't be RF unless it changed on it's own. Before I got RMIR to recognize my remote(earlier this week) everything was working perfectly except I didn't have the RCA added since adding it thru the standard Xsight ways didn't work.

I had manually added DirecTv 1 and 2 to the Xsight by learning each command from the remotes assigned address 1 and 2. DirecTv 3 was setup thru RF. Then you had let me know about the upgrade files for DirecTv receivers. I decided that Instead of just adding the RCA I'd delete my manual setup for the first 2 DirecTv receivers and add the upgrade files for those two. That's the details on how I got to this point. I feel like you guys are close to getting me figured out Very Happy
blackssr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wkupike2000 wrote:
Maybe someone else can checkout my RMIR file.

I tried to load it and its throws out an error : "error loading file oct3.rmir"
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wkupike2000 wrote:
I will try your directions on Sunday and report back as I'm out of town until then. Maybe someone else can checkout my RMIR file. Directv 1 couldn't be RF unless it changed on it's own. Before I got RMIR to recognize my remote(earlier this week) everything was working perfectly except I didn't have the RCA added since adding it thru the standard Xsight ways didn't work.

I had manually added DirecTv 1 and 2 to the Xsight by learning each command from the remotes assigned address 1 and 2. DirecTv 3 was setup thru RF. Then you had let me know about the upgrade files for DirecTv receivers. I decided that Instead of just adding the RCA I'd delete my manual setup for the first 2 DirecTv receivers and add the upgrade files for those two. That's the details on how I got to this point. I feel like you guys are close to getting me figured out Very Happy
Thinking about this some more, I may have lead you down the wrong path. I have seen reports that the Xsight, if set to control one DirecTV by RF, could not control a second or third one by IR. I thought this was a limitation imposed by EZ-RC and would not apply to RMIR. Apparently, from your experience, this may not be the case. It's likely, I think, that using learns for DirecTV 1 and 2 has gotten around this limitation in a way that my upgrades could not. So the bottom line is your initial EZ-RC config with all the learns may be the only way to control all 3 DirecTV receivers the way you want.

That's not to say you can't control other devices, like your RCA, via RMIR and JP1 device upgrades. I think we can still crack that one.
wkupike2000

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries mdavej. I factory reset my Xsight, went back to the Xsight website and sent my previous working setup to the remote. I had to turn on RF again but that was it. As it stands, all 3 DirecTv remotes are working perfectly along with the other 3 devices(tv which turns on/off all 3 tvs in my setup, Bluray, and Sony Receiver).

I then went to Xsight to downloaded from remote and saved the current setup so I'd have the upgrade file before trying to add in the RCA receiver. I then opened the upgrade file and things didn't look right. The specific to column changed for many devices as did the words in the protocol and description columns. I went ahead and added in the RCA upgrade and attempted to save the upgrade file.

Unfortunately it wouldn't save, just continously said Saving in progress window until I closed and reopened the RMIR program. I checked and the file did save but in the General tab it only shows the RCA device while in the Devices tab it shows all 7. I attempted to upload that file to the remote but the error said "Upload verify failed:read back doesn't match data written".

Below is the link to both RMIR files, "Works Great" is of course the one that everything besides the RCA is working great(RCA not added at all).

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12811

This is the link to the RMIR file after I tried to add the RCA upgrade:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12812
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I loaded the "Works Great" RMIR file, the General tab is completely empty. Presumably, after the Xsight has been configured by EZ-RC, RMIR wasn't able to download the file correctly. Looking at the rmaster.err file, it seems that the XCF part of the download isn't recognized.

So I doubt that the RCA upgrade is actually a source of the problem.
wkupike2000

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick check. What do I do now to correct the issues you're seeing?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose that diagnosing and fixing whatever the problem is will need to wait until mathdon has time to look at it.

However, if I were you, I would reset the remote, and use RMIR to program it completely without using EZ-RC in any way. I gave up using EZ-RC a couple of years ago.
wkupike2000

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll await further diagnosis. I had already tried resetting it and starting from scratch earlier in thread and still had issues. I bet mathdon or mdavej will have soon good insight once they can review. Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: