JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Upgrade needed: Soniq STB QMD501HD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
digital_silence

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:35 am    Post subject: Upgrade needed: Soniq STB QMD501HD Reply with quote

1. Device: Soniq QMD501H
2. Type of device: Digital HD STB
3. Year: 2009 (?)
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC-8811/8910
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? No
7. Checked the file section? Yes (both Soniq upgrades from there don't work on this device)
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes (no Soniq devices listed)
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question? n/a
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? Yes. Tried all listed protocols (NEC1 dev 0 and 28 - didn't work)

Soniq is a brand which operates mainly in Australia.
The device in subj was sold mainly through JB HiFi.
As I mentioned, the Soniq QMD502H upgrade from the file section did not work, and neither did the one for Soniq T201.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
-------

It appears that Soniq is using NEC1 protocol for their STBs.
So, the QMD502H device uses NEC1/Dev=237
and the T201 device uses NEC1/Dev=1
Neither works on the subj (QMD501H)

I also tried NEC1/dev=0 and NEC1/dev=28 as the lookup tool suggested for Soniq devices, and neither worked (although the button codes are also different)

Any meaningful ideas, before I go and try all remaining 252 Device numbers with NEC1 protocol? (also guessing the button codes) ?

Thanks.
digital_silence

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Progress update:

I tried the first 40 Device numbers (0 to 39) with NEC1 protocol.
The button code set from the QMD502H upgrade was used with all Dev. No's.

The devices from 8 to 39 don't seem to do anything, but the numbers from 0 to 7 with NEC1 protocol give the strange effect: most of the programmed buttons (as per QMD502H upgrade, only with changed Device number) cause exactly the same action - the Audiotrack selection menu pops up. The next buttonpress removes this menu from the screen.

Note1: This is the only action I observed - no other actions were found.

Note2: This happens for all Dev #'s from 0 to 7 (although for some Device numbers, almost every key worked the described way, and for the other Dev Numbers, only few keys produced that effect)

Does this give you gurus any clue as to how that can help me guessing the right Dev No, rather than just keep going with trying all Dev Numbers.

Thanks.
digital_silence

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final update:

Figured out the protocol/device combination and all function buttons by trial and fail. Everything functions just fine.

Uploaded the complete upgrade HERE.

Admins/experts, please review the file and, if OK, move it to the main upgrade file section. Thanks.

Issue is closed.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well done, I moved it.

Was NEC dev 0 the only one that worked? I ask because that's a very common code, so if any of the other device codes also worked, that would make for a better upgrade (as in, less likely to interfere with another device)
digital_silence

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
well done, I moved it.

Was NEC dev 0 the only one that worked? I ask because that's a very common code, so if any of the other device codes also worked, that would make for a better upgrade (as in, less likely to interfere with another device)
Hi Rob,

After you posted your reply, I tried the following device codes with my upgrade:

None worked.

So, DevNo=0 seems to be the only working one so far.
I will see if I can find more time to try the rest of DevNo's...

Also, I forgot to mention yesterday that I have not found the code for TV/RADIO toggle button, even though I tried all 127 OBC's.
Maybe the STB has to be in the special state...
------------------------------

Just had another general thought wrt to codes search...

How difficult would it be to implement the database of OBC/EFC function mapping for all device upgrades?
The purpose for that would be as follows:

Say, I have just one working button, and it is, say, acts as Power, and I used decode IR to find its protocol and button code (for example, it is 68)

Now, I want to find all upgrades on this site that use 68 as the button code for Power function, because it is more likely than not, that the rest (or majority) of button codes would follow too, and those would be the upgrades I want to try first, in terms of functions mapping...

Hope I made myself clear.

Surely someone has already thought about this before...
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

digital_silence wrote:
After you posted your reply, I tried the following device codes with my upgrade:

None worked.

So, DevNo=0 seems to be the only working one so far.
I will see if I can find more time to try the rest of DevNo's...
Sounds like they just programmed Dev 0, that's cool.

digital_silence wrote:
Also, I forgot to mention yesterday that I have not found the code for TV/RADIO toggle button, even though I tried all 127 OBC's.
Ah, but there are really 256 OBCs, 0-255

digital_silence wrote:
How difficult would it be to implement the database of OBC/EFC function mapping for all device upgrades?
The purpose for that would be as follows:

Say, I have just one working button, and it is, say, acts as Power, and I used decode IR to find its protocol and button code (for example, it is 68)

Now, I want to find all upgrades on this site that use 68 as the button code for Power function, because it is more likely than not, that the rest (or majority) of button codes would follow too, and those would be the upgrades I want to try first, in terms of functions mapping...

Hope I made myself clear.

Surely someone has already thought about this before...
Yes, Vicky has, there is a database behind her Lookup Tool that might work for this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: