JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Philips 32PFL9603D/10 discrete codes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcben

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:54 am    Post subject: URC6440 new code insertion with different device number Reply with quote

Hi everybody.
Thank you for your good job with this project.
I bought a new URC 6440 here in Italy and I'm trying to use new functions.
My TV is a Philips 32PFL9603D/10 and my home theatre is a SONY EF1100.
Now I'd like to be able to switch the TV's input directly to HDMI2 (where Home Theatre is connected), without the need to pass the boring AV + down + down + down + OK sequence.
Besides , the number of down steps is not always the same, since I don't always start from the same position, so it's difficult to make a simple macro.
I found information in some forums, and it seems the correct code to directly switch to an external source is of this kind:

RC5 3,05 and 3,58 Side/Front
RC5 3,04: Ext1
RC5 0,57: Ext2
RC5 3,56: Ext3
RC5 3,57: Ext4
RC5 3,123: Ext5
RC5 3,06: Ext6
RC5 3,07: Ext7
RC5 3,08: Ext8

Now, using the Device Upgrade editor (Functions pane) I'm able to change the code for one button, for example I can change the behaviour of button "0" changing the code in the OBC column, so that, for example, OBC 16 changes it to Vol+ button and 32 changes it to CH+ button.

I also found an interesting code :
RC6 - 000,063
It can power ON the TV, and if pressed again it doesn't turn it OFF!!
So I'd like to combine this POWER ON code + the "switch to HDMI2" code in a single macro to make easier (mainly to my wife...) to use Home Theater device.

But I'm not able to understand how I can enter the information about the "RC5 3,57: Ext4" code.
I mean, where have I to put the "3" information (may be it's the device information)?
I tried in many ways but my poor knowledge of the matter doesn't help me much.
I don't know if my TV supports those codes, but I'd like to try to send to it the codes in the correct way.
Can anyone help me?
And if somebody needs tests with my 6440 please ask me.
Bye...
tranx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi marcben. I don't understand much of your post but found this packet of example upgrades for a Philips PFL Tv by xnappo http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4834

They seem to be for getting around some problems with a different remote but can be loaded, /opened in the Tv device page, into an image, .rmir file, for 6440 so you could test if any of the commands work for you.

A variety of commands such as Hdmi1 and Hdmi3 are illustrated and think the third upgrade in the list has a discrete Hdmi2 command included, (edit, the second in the list has discretes on and off) which might work with your PFL-type Tv, and perhaps his comments will be more intelligible to you

Last edited by tranx on Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look at this and see if it makes more sense. Try it and see if it works. I put some of your input codes on the colored buttons.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12707
marcben

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi tranx and mdavej,
sorry for not having been so clear, but my english has some limits...
Before receiving your answers yesterday, I did many new attempts and in the end I used a different upgrade (originally code 2372) which is based on RC-5/5x Combo protocol.
In this way, in the Functions tab I could find both the RC5 device and the OBC fields.
So it's been possible to insert the new functions needed, in a clear device and command format.
The new functions are:
- switch to HDMI1 (3,57)
- switch to HDMI2 (3,123)
- switch to TV (3,72)
- power on TV (0,63)
I then assigned the new functions to shifted buttons and used these shifted buttons in some macros for the PVR and DVD devices.
Now almost everything seems to work as I wanted it to do.
I can manage:
TV: Philips 32PFL9603D/10
PVR: TeleSystem TS7510HD (Mediaset Premium's one in Italy)
DVD: SONY BDV EF-1100 (All in one Home Theatre with DVD-Blu-ray-wifi-bluetooth)
If the complete .bin file can be useful, please suggest me where and how to upload it to the forum.
I'll be pleased to share.
Thank you very much for your help, I'll give a deeper look at your files, at least to see if I can finally understand how to pass from a device,command format to the EFC,OBC one.
tranx

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crossed post, but That's good! Think I am getting it too. (suggest also reading the upgrade and protocol notes for all the upgrades listed, but since you have things working....Smile )
Quote:
From the Second upgrade in the list, #1302:-

Comment: "Dummy device to support RC-5 commands on Philips TV discrete input selection for remotes w/o 2 byte code support (e.g. URC-6131).
Functions for this device: av2; discrete on; discrete off":
From Functions page:
"discrete on 00018 0180, OBC<64 63 00"
"discrete off 00082 082 0,OBC<64 61 08"
marcben, I note how the details of the (discrete on) function compare to those in the code you found: "I also found an interesting code : RC6 - 000,063"
Quote:

From the Third upgrade, #1303:-
Comment: "Dummy device to support RC-5 commands on Philips TV discrete input selection for remotes w/o 2 byte code support (e.g. URC-6131).
Functions for this device: hdmi2; tuner
From Functions page:
"hdmi2 00146 146 3,OBC>63 123 10"

You can upload your final versions of the upgrades, with as many functions as you can find, from the File Section link above. Think, in the Upgrade page, you may need to be logged in for the upload button to appear. Even working 'work in progress' would be useful to others, and you can quickly edit them later if necessary. Cheers
marcben

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
this is the link to the uploaded file:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12714

Any comment will be appreciated.
tranx

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think uploading a .bin file has disadvantages:-
- Can only be used directly by the same model of Simpleset-type JP1 remote.
- When downloaded to RMIR, I understand that in each device the commands will show the default button names i.e. not the names previously chosen in RMIR for the functions on those buttons, because that text is not stored in the remote.

It may be best to upload to the Upgrades part of the File Section, the .rmdu files saved from RMIR for each of the Device upgrades you have made.
If you use titles consisting of the make and model of each device they can be identified and read by people looking for upgrades for those devices, and can usually be easily adapted for use with other models of JP1 remote.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcbin,
tranx is correct. You've uploaded a settings.bin file to the TV section of Device Upgrades. Please replace the bin file with the RMDU file corresponding to your Philips TV. (You can do that by clicking on the Edit button on the page where your bin file is.)

A settings.bin file is useful to you, but it doesn't do much to help other users. I have the American sister remote to the URC-6440, but your bin file can't be loaded into my remote. In fact, the only people who can use your bin file are fellow URC-6440 owners, and they are unlikely to want their remote to be setup in the way you prefer, and with the same components.
marcben

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just uploaded new file
Hope this is OK.
Pls let me know.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you now have 3 RMDU files in one zip, so people looking for the Sony or Telesystem upgrades would never find them. Three separate files would be better.
marcben

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, let's see if it's OK now:

Upgrade for Philips LCD TV 32PFL9603D/10:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12714

Upgrade for TELESystem decoder TS7510HD:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12715

Upgrade for SONY Home Theatre BDV EF1100:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12716

Thank you again for help and support.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcben,

That all looks great! Thanks for sticking with us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: