JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

OFA OARUSB04G problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tranx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: OFA OARUSB04G problems Reply with quote

I got this remote from USA because I liked the EU version, OFA URC6440, but have had problems setting it up, mainly because OARUSB04G doesn't allow macros on the number buttons but also because of what seems to be a bug:-

Problem
I have successfully added my devices:
On device button ‘Tv’: Samsung F800, code 2051
On device button ‘STB’: Humax PVR9300T, code 1808
On device button ‘DVD’ (set as another STB): Humax FoxSat HDR, code 2443
On device button ‘Audio’ (set as a DVD): Panasonic DMR-EX85, code 0490

Everything else works fine and Combi-button ‘Watch Movie’ operates the FoxSat HDR correctly on the ‘DVD’ device button, but:-

In Watch Movie combi mode, when I press ‘channel –‘, or ‘channel +’, the Tv's Hdmi input is just changed to F800TV's 'Input TV'.
(in device mode, as set by the device button 'DVD', this does not happen)

Learning the Foxsat channel commands to the TV device's channel buttons allows Foxsat-channel-changing, in 'Watch Movie' combi-mode, to appear to work correctly (they are no use in the Tv device mode though). This seems to show that for some reason the problem is due to Combi function issuing Tv channel commands in Watch Movie, and it is only a by-product that this happens to switch Tv's input.

I have tried removing all customisation on these two buttons, without success and the options for setting up the Combi-functions do not help either.

'Channel Lock/Unlock' in 9xx commands in the Wiki looked hopeful, but unfortunately 973 does not get 2 blinks. As I understand it, Channel Lock usually applies to the channel buttons and the digit buttons, which still work as expected in 'watch movie' combi-mode, so that may not have been the answer.

Upon re-checking an early .bin file, before any macros, learns, or key moves had been tried, the problem was the same and restoring the remote at Simpleset.com does not help either.

With URC6440, the EU equivalent, nothing like this arose.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Current Bin file and customisations: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12357
tranx

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the answers from Vox Support and they provided the new manual, which is now specific to OARUSB04G
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12385
tranx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject: OARUSB04G is cured, now it is JP1'able Reply with quote

OARUSBO$ and URC6440 can now use JP1, thanks to the experts and RMIR v.2.03, which is currently in alpha24d.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15638

When configured with JP1, the bug described in this thread disappears, as do some of the functional differences between them, and DSMs are now available Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: