JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Device Code: Night Owl h264 8CH DVR for Atlas OCAP 1056B01

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dvokt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Device Code: Night Owl h264 8CH DVR for Atlas OCAP 1056B01 Reply with quote

I have an 8 channel security DVR that has a remote:

DVR - Night Owl Poseidon h264 8CH

Remote - REM-POSEIDON (internal circuit board has XYX9008-1C 2011-06-22

The remote is NOT JP1 but I was hoping someone could suggest a device code or if need be use more elaborate methods to control this device from my Atlas OCAP 1056B01.

I have tried the Atlas's built-in code search command to no avail.

I do NOT have a learning remote but would buy one if I could transfer the commands to the Atlas. I have been using JP1 tools for a number of years and would be willing to dig in further if I thought I could resolve this issue.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try the nightowl updgrade from the file section?

That is a Nec1 device 128 device. I don't see any thing that suggests it is an 8 unit security system though. But I do see that another 8 unit security system uses similar codes.

After that you might want to try the other security systems, to see if they use the same IR codes.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
dvokt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did see the file for "NightOwl Lion 4250". But that is not my model. However, I will look into this. ALso, I need to refresh myself on the use of .rmdu files.

Do you have a suggestion on looking up the "other" security systems? I do not really know any names. I do not seem to recall a security "section" anywhere.

Thanks for the response!
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I see, security systems are kind of scattered all over the place. PVR, DVR, MISC, Home Automation... Just go to the Icon labeled "file Search" and type in "security" and you'll see Bosch, D-Link, Lorex, Uniden, Zmodo, Samsung security systems.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: