JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need pics Of Simple JP1.2/3 Interface for a SerialPort

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tiku

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:20 am    Post subject: Need pics Of Simple JP1.2/3 Interface for a SerialPort Reply with quote

Hi friends, can anybody please upload the front and back pics of the home made JP1.2/3 Interface for serial Port, as i find schematics diifficult to understand.
Thanks
Ellen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I've got one or two of these cables around here somewhere. Let me know if you still want this and if so, I'll dig around and see if I can find them and take a couple of pics for you.
Ellen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In looking thru my stuff, I found this old thread that I started on this very subject.

It doesn't have pictures but what it does is point to the older document for building a prior version of the JP1.x interface that includes Tommy's great construction guide. With it you should be able to build the interface as it shows you exactly where to place the components on a piece of perf board and where to connect them to each other on the back side. As you can see in that thread, it is what I used to construct my cable.

Important note from that thread is to cut the cable to pin 5.

All that said, I found my old cable and took a few pics. No wise cracks about my crappy soldering Wink

Last edited by Ellen on Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Tiku

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ellen, your pics are very much detailed, i am sure i'll now be able to build one for my JP1.2 remote with the help of these pics along with the document you've uploaded.
And dont worry about soldering as i am from the same school from which you have passed out.Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: