JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Code For Classic DVD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oinge

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Code For Classic DVD Reply with quote

My son has 6012 that has not been JP1 enabled. He has a Classic DVD. I have used my RS15-2116 to decode some signals from his original remote. Although some buttons don't decode properly, the ones that do are all NEC1 16:237. This matches a Classic file that has been uploaded to Yahoo Files.

My question is is there a 6012 built in code that will at least work some of the functions. No Classic codes are listed.

Although it is overkill for his system, I think I will upgrade him to an 8810w, which will solve this little problem.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Code For Classic DVD Reply with quote

Oinge wrote:
is there a 6012 built in code that will at least work some of the functions

I don't believe so.

Quote:
Although it is overkill for his system, I think I will upgrade him to an 8810w, which will solve this little problem.

Might not be as much overkill as you think. Internally, the two remotes are the same. The 8810w has the advantage of more buttons, more available devices, JP1 out of the box, and has learning. The only real disadvantage is the size difference (if that really matters).

The learning feature alone is a two-fold benefit. First, you won't need to help him the next time he gets an unsupported device. Second, he'll be able to create an upgrade himself the next time he gets an unsupported device. Laughing
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. The only matching code I could find is DVD/0730, which AFAIK is only included with the European URC-8060 Kameleon.

I still have some modified URC-6011s available at $15 each (plus $2 shipping). I could add the code to one of these for you if you like. I also have modified URC-6131s available, which is a better DVD remote.
Oinge

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for checking for a possible built in code and the offer of remotes.

Right now I am leaning towards getting him an 8810w. After he plays with it for a while, then he can help me create my perfect remote, if there is such a thing. Laughing
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you just modify his URC-6012w, or better yet, buy him the parts and get him to do it! It's really quite easy to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: