JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How do I use Search?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CollieJim

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:42 am    Post subject: How do I use Search? Reply with quote

At the top of the page I see "JP1 Remotes" with FAQ, Search, Memberlist, etc under it.

I click on Search. I'm looking for information on the URC-9910, so I put 9910 in the keyword field, leave all other boxes alone, and click the Search button at the bottom.

No results returned. If I put
Code:
9910 site:hifi-remote.com/forums

in Google I get over 5,000 hits.

I tried TCL and Sharp with similar nothing returned results.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other than the fact that the Keyword field sends you to the google advanced search page, your search results are about what you would expect for a remote as popular as the URC-9910

Model: urc 9910
Interface Type: EEPROM
Extender: Yes there is an extender available
Learning: This remote supports learning
Backlight: This remote is backlit
Modifications: This remote is JP1able out of the box, no modifcations necessary.
Other: This remote can be updated via a WAV file.
Size:9x2 inches
This remote is an RF remote. It will transmit an RF signal to the base station in another room. This base station will emit an IR signal. This remote WILL NOT control RF devices. The RF is just to communicate with its base station.

This remote shares the same layout as the popular 8910. Early versions of this remote also came with the “dreaded donut” navicational wheel.

The set key on this remote is recessed and difficult to push.

The Com/Skip button and FAV buttons have some restrictions.

The DEVICE keys on the 8910/9910 can have macros even without an extender.

The remote has a modem glued to the board. This modem can be used to add upgrades, or re-image the entire EEPROM area. So these remotes can be extended with the JP1 tools. As these remotes age, the glue often fails and the remote will rattle and eventually the itty bitty wires will break causing the modem to fail.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few years ago, Rob changed the way the board works. The box that you typed into is labeled Search for Author. Searching for topics and keywords must be done through Google.
CollieJim

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Tunnel vision again - I missed the Authors label in the left margin.

I'm trying to get RM working under Arch Linux and KDE. So far I've installed gksu to get gksudo, and RMIR.sh starts.

I get the windows for missing maps and RDFs, and allowing choosing folders for them, but then it dies without any messages. Perhaps JAVA is not properly installed.

I'm still reading the documentation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: