JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Atlas Ocap 5 Remote/ Device: Mag535 DVD code 0675
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mag1993daewoo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject: Atlas Ocap 5 Remote/ Device: Mag535 DVD code 0675 Reply with quote

I have the Atlas 5 Ocap 1056B01 This remote is not a learning remote. I bought it to replace My New MFG 2012 Magnavox DVD 535 Setup Code 0675 Remote.

The Atlas has done a great job replacing the Mags Remote. I had to buy this remote bcz the mag did not have a volume control on the remote and I had to use the mags remote to operate everything even though It is a HDD DVD player.

Anyway, I am looking for the 5 digit EFC Code for the Jump Button on the Atlas 5 Ocap that is located underneath the CH- button.
The Jump button is a last channel button.

I download the JP1 software even though I do not have the cable. I looked at the program and it shows the Image of My Remote listed under the Atlas OCAP 1056 Black Model. I was also able to see the list of available codes for this Atlas, but I am unable to open that Code page again. It had like 300 EFC codes but they were only 4 digits. I was able to get a list of codes from MDAVEJ and those codes seamed to match the 4 digit codes with just a zero added to them.

I have read the beginners thread and I don't see any template to fill in so This is the best I can do for information
Code:
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that you have read the beginners documents but you don't quite understand the concept.

Even though the Atlas has a Last button, the Maggie doesn't. I have an earlier version of the Maggie, the MDR15h, and checked through all possible codes and never found a last/jump button. Just because a button is missing on the OEM remote doesn't necessarily mean that that a unit doesn't support the function, but in this case its pretty unlikely, since there is no button and it was not found though a brute force search on prior versions of the Magnavox unit. I have the Magnavox MDR533 too, and didn't even bother to check for hidden functions this time through.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
mag1993daewoo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: EFC Codes for the Atlas 5 Ocap Reply with quote

Hi Vicki Thanks for responding so quickly. I am trying to grasp the concept of this site and the functions of remote programming and their are things that I do not understand. In reply to your post even though the Maggie doen't have a jump or last button it also does not have a volume button. I have a 1993 Daewoo TV code 0092 connected to the mag and I was able to program the Atlas to adjust the volume. Now here is were I don't understand. "It does not matter what device Mode I am in either DVD or TV the Volume button works". So it is confusing to me that the Jump button is not working or is not coded or whatever needs to be done. When I had the TV only B4 I bought the Maggie it was connected to a Ventura digital converter box. Because I only have Antenna Reception The converter had its own remote and had a previous ch button on it. The TV Original Remote does not have that function either. So how come it would work in that instance and not in this one. Or is there a way with I think it called a punch through. I am just guessing I have done extensive reading and whatnot and I don't know all the lingo. But I do know that button should be working in this instance. I just don't understand why; the Maggie has a digital tuner in it. I HAD to disconnect the converter box to connect the Maggie with Antenna connection that is the only way the mag would work with a RF modulator forcing me to use the mag as a remote. And taking the other (converters remote away). That is the way Antenna Users who have A TV without an A/V outputs haft to connect to the Maggie.
After proofreading my post I am confused I don't think now that it will work unless the Mags comes up with a code or something. I am confused also on my own thinking of why it won't work. The word Concept you used is a good terminology in this instance. Maybe you can help me iron this out so that I get the idea. I know now that previous channel function has to be a mags function and not the TV function because if I were to change the channel on the TV I would get static. The TV has to stay on output channel 3-4. So I can't use the Jump button in the TV Mode. I might be answering my own post here. But, I guess sometimes people have to read their own writing to understand their dilemma. Anyway that is what I came up with in this post Vicki.

Last edited by mag1993daewoo on Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: EFC Codes for the Atlas 5 Ocap Reply with quote

mag1993daewoo wrote:
Hi Vicki Thanks for responding so quickly. I am trying to grasp the concept of this site and the functions of remote programming and their are things that I do not understand. In reply to your post even though the Maggie doen't have a jump or last button it also does not have a volume button. I have a 1993 Daewoo code 0092 and I was able to program the Atlas to adjust the volume. Now here is were I don't understand. "It does not matter what device Mode I am in either DVD or TV the Volume button works.

That is called volume punch through, the volume buttons are controlling the TV. Not the Maggie.

Quote:

So it is confusing to me that the Jump button is not working or is not coded or whatever needs to be done. When I had the TV only B4 I bought the Maggie it was connected to a Ventura digital converter box. The converter had its own remote and had a previous ch button on it. The TV Original Remote does not have that function either. So how come it would work in that instance and not in this one. Or is there a way with I think it called a punch through. I am just guessing I have done extensive reading and whatnot and I don't know all the lingo. But I do know that button should be working in this instance.

Okay, is the Ventura Digital converter still in the picture? Or is the maggie the tuner now? The Maggie has no "last/jump" function as far as I know and I'm very familar with the unit.

If the Maggie is directly handling the channel selection, then there is no last function. If the channels are being controlled by the Ventura box, then you need the jump button for the Ventura box. We'd need to know what code you are using for that.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
mag1993daewoo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mag is the Tuner now. I Have tried to connect the three devices together, TV, Mag, RF Modulator;
and I get no picture.

If you have your Mags owners manual look on pg 20. On the left hand side. We should have the same manual it covers MDR 533, 535, 537. That is my setup bcz of my 1993 Daewoo has only 1 connection. And I still don't understand why I couldn't use my converter box it has the same connections as the RF Modulator and had a remote. The RF does not have a remote I don't even now why I had to switch to that, It makes no sense to me. So the converter box is in my closet. Sad
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So TV is a Standard Definition TV with only an RF input, no AV inputs. Too bad this is a lot easier if there was an AV input.

The Magnavox has an OTA tuner and can put out AV, HDMI outputs. The Over the air antenna RF passes through the Magnavox still in Digital form.

The Ventura converter changes digital input to analog output to work with your ancient TV.

In this situation, since you don't have AV output you need to use your an RF Modulator such as your old VCR to convert the AV signal to RF.

Attach your Maggie to the AV in on the VCR.
Your attach your Ventura converter to the VCR's RF in.
The Ventura signal will pass through to the TV in analog form even while your VCR is turned off.

If you want to watch the DVR, you turn your VCR on and set the VCRs input source to the AV input. Voila you can use both devices connected to your TV through your VCR which is acting as an RF modulator. You have the convenience of the Last button for daily watching and can record with the DVR.

Does this make any sense to you?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And I still don't understand why I couldn't use my converter box it has the same connections as the RF Modulator and had a remote.

Oh, does the Ventura Converter box have AV OUT?

I must have missed that before.

There are other options there too.

It all depends on how you watch TV. If you watch through the DVR, then you can pause and rewind live TV, and if you really like what you are watching you can always back up to the beginning of the show, and start the recording. That's the kind of watcher I am. That is why I have the DVR.

However my DH is a certified jumper. He is constantly jumping from one source to another. In that case having both feeds in and one with a last option would be a big help.

mag1993daewoo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My converter box has Audio/Video connections. Does that make no difference bcz it's its converting the signal to analog for the TV. Is that why the converter box won't work?

I haven't had a VCR in 20yrs I don't remember anything about vcr connections. They do have a RF in though.

As far as is making sense, I conclude that: I do without the button for now;
Either buy a new Vizio Tv or by an old VCR: Will need codes for either one; and I assume the New TV will have an RF. then program the device to the Atlas.
And either the converter box or the the RF modulator will be in the closet after the chosen device purchase.
Options:
The converter box to thrift store VCR
New Visio TV to Mag only
RF Modulator goes in the closet
I don't know if they sell VCR anymore i'll look anyway
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mag1993daewoo wrote:
My converter box has Audio/Video connections. Does that make no difference bcz it's its converting the signal to analog for the TV. Is that why the converter box won't work?

Converter boxes have AV OUT, and RF out.

Quote:

I haven't had a VCR in 20yrs I don't remember anything about vcr connections. They do have a RF in though.

No but you have a 20 yr old TV, lol. Oh well I just thought that you'd probably have a VCR stashed away as long as you have an Analog TV.
If you don't have one, don't bother getting one. It was just a very cheap/free alternative to the single minded RF modulator. I see VCRs all the time at the thrift shop, but since I have 6 stored away in my closet, I haven't priced them out.

Quote:

As far as is making sense, I conclude that: I do without the button for now;

Yep the Maggie just doesn't support this feature.

When you get a new TV you won't need any fixers, the maggie will hook up with either AV or HDMI and pass through the digital signal to the new TV. Then it will be just like in the old days, except the picture on the HD channels will be so vivid that you'll see every blade of grass on the sports field. Its like you are there.

mag1993daewoo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, my converter box has this:

ANT RF IN TV RF OUT VIDEO OUT AUDIO OUT
R L

I TRIED CONNECTING THIS THEN DISCONNECTED IT TIME AND TIME AGAIN AND COULD NOT GET ANY THING BUT STATIC, I COULD WATCH A MOVIE DISC THO ON THE MAG

STILL a wonder

Is it bcz there is no RF In? [/quote]

The Maggie doesn't support this

I am going to try the test of the 00000- 00256 possible codes and see what happens>
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mag1993daewoo wrote:
Yea, my converter box has this:

ANT RF IN TV RF OUT VIDEO OUT AUDIO OUT
R L

I TRIED CONNECTING THIS THEN DISCONNECTED IT TIME AND TIME AGAIN AND COULD NOT GET ANY THING BUT STATIC, I COULD WATCH A MOVIE DISC THO ON THE MAG

I'm trying to figure out how you are connecting this to get static, but can't quite figure out what you are doing.

Quote:

The Maggie doesn't support this

I am going to try the test of the 00000- 00256 possible codes and see what happens>

Beware of 00010, that puts the DVR into test mode.
To hunt for Last you need to turn the unit on, and then change channels then you can test for an EFC that performs last channel. I couldn't find one on the MDR15h so I didn't bother trying on the 533.

You can skip these EFCs because we already know what they do.

00003 skip
00005 down
00010 TEST MODE BEWARE
00011 audio
00021 replay
00023 dubbing
00025 recmode
00026 rec
00036 8
00037 4
00038 0
00039 6
00040 9
00041 5
00043 7
00062 dot
00064 dtv/tv
00101 repeat
00103 rew
00104 display
00105 hdmi
00107 ff
00125 dvd
00129 hdd
00132 menu
00133 title
00134 right
00135 ok
00136 left
00137 disc menu
00138 up
00139 return
00148 ch+
00150 source
00151 timer
00152 ch-
00164 open close
00166 2
00168 1
00169 standby
00170 3
00197 stop
00229 clear
00230 play
00232 skip-
00234 skip+
00235 pause
00255 replay

Let us know if you find a Last/Jump. I didn't find it.

mag1993daewoo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hooked it up just like the Modulator and can't figure out why it won't work. That is why I kept trying to re-connect it cause it makes no sense me. It became so frustrating That I don't even want to try again. I switched the cables back and forth from the original locations chg ch 3-4 etc. Checked a re-checked connections. It would not work then when I would quit trying I would re-connect the Mag to the RF modulator I had to buy and I would have a problem getting a signal on the mag causing more dismay. Then finally the tuner would kick in I don't remember how but I know that when I would try The converter and then try to re-connect the mag I would experience a re-connect glitch. This happened 3 times. So it is a frustrating hassel with no results.

I was unable to get a code for Last CH either.

The code testing area was interesting, but very intimidating with terminology so I just exited out of there. There were shipping tests and things like that also so I don't think it is like defraging a Hardrivie like on a computer. It had aging and stuff for the repair techs.

I am glad you posted the list I didn't have the decimal and I needed that for one of my channels.
Thanks
mag1993daewoo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject: Code for the Mag 535 Reply with quote

00003 skip
00005 down
00010 TEST MODE BEWARE
00011 audio
00021 replay
00023 dubbing
00025 recmode
00026 rec
00036 8
00037 4
00038 0
00039 6
00040 9
00041 5
00043 7
00062 dot
00064 dtv/tv
00101 repeat
00103 rew
00104 display
00105 hdmi
00107 ff
00125 dvd
00129 hdd
00132 menu
00133 title
00134 right
00135 ok
00136 left
00137 disc menu
00138 up
00139 return
00148 ch+
00150 source
00151 timer
00152 ch-
00164 open close
00166 2
00168 1
00169 standby
00170 3
00197 stop
00229 clear
00230 play
00232 skip-
00234 skip+
00235 pause
00255 replay

These are the codes you gave me for the Maggie. Do you have the chapter- code. The chapter+ code is 00234.
I was given a chapter-00232 code but it only rewinds the a few seconds not a chapter.
You have to be in the editing window of a movie to see the chapter mark results if you test the code.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
These are the codes you gave me for the Maggie. Do you have the chapter- code. The chapter+ code is 00234.
I was given a chapter-00232 code but it only rewinds the a few seconds not a chapter.
You have to be in the editing window of a movie to see the chapter mark results if you test the code.

00232 is the chapter - . It goes to the previous track marker. If you partially into the track, it back to the start of THAT track. Press it a second time and it will jump to the start of the previous track. Ch-, Ch- twice in a row if you are more than 10 seconds into the track.

mag1993daewoo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Quote:

00232 is the chapter - . It goes to the previous track marker. If you partially into the track, it back to the start of THAT track. Press it a second time and it will jump to the start of the previous track. Ch-, Ch- twice in a row if you are more than 10 seconds into the track.

Thanks so much for explaining that to me. It works fine now Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: