JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Genie HR-44 and the Off and Delete Buttons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
01sporty

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject: Genie HR-44 and the Off and Delete Buttons Reply with quote

This may have been discussed, but I couldn't find it.

I programmed my old 6131 to talk to my new Genie hr-44. I used the one upgrade that specifically mentions the hr-44 and it worked splendidly for everything but the discrete off and delete buttons. The discrete on worked just fine, the off did nothing.

The upgrade had the discrete off, it simply didn't work. I tried capturing the discrete off with an 8811 but it wouldn't shut it off either. (It shut off my TV just fine).

The delete button is another matter. The upgrade didn't have it so, again, I tried capturing it with the 8811. The 8811 wouldn't recognize it at all.

I then turned to looking at every related upgrade in the file section. None of them have the delete key. What's the story with this key? What is so special about it? It's very useful, I'm sure other owners would love to have it.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's intersting. I have never seen a delete key on a DirecTV remote, which would explain why it isn't in any of our upgrades. Can you post a picture or link to a remote that has this key? Back when I had DirecTV, delete was always the red button, IIRC.

This is also the first I've heard of discrete off not working. Can you capture the new discrete off and post the OBC, please? Edmund, if you're watching this thread, do you know anything about this?
01sporty

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forums.solidsignal.com/showthread.php/4287-TIP-Here-s-the-manual-for-that-RC71-remote

It's the "red circle button".
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So red doesn't work?
01sporty

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, regarding the discrete on/off. After messing about a bit, I have it working just fine. I had assigned it to TV/VID. It doesn't like that button. Once I assigned it to a different button, all is good.

As far as the red delete button is concerned, none of the upgrades seem to have it and my 8811 won't capture it. It does work just fine with the original remote (RC-71) if that's what you're asking. Might it be called something else in the upgrades?

Just for future reference, the hr-44 retains the ability to toggle with the power as well as turn on and off with the discrete power functions.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I'm asking is does red in the upgrades delete. It has for as long as I can remember. To lean it, make sure your DirecTV remote is in IR mode. I think it's RF by default. You will probably find it's the same command as the existing red.
01sporty

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, now I get you. None of the remotes I use have the red, green, yellow, blue buttons so the question wasn't registering.

I had tried the red button thinking it might do the same thing and didn't have any success. I tried it again after reading your suggestion and it worked just as it should. Razz

Thanks for all the help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: