JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Remote codes for BUSH BHAS02UR

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kungbernard

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:51 am    Post subject: Remote codes for BUSH BHAS02UR Reply with quote

Hi All,

I have been trying with lots of custom bins but no one seems to work (no button is working with any of the custom bins)

Below is the model of the Set top box:

Manufacturer: BUSH
Model: BHAS02UR
Reference link: http://usaudiovisual.com.au/hometheatre/bush-bhas02ur-hd-dvr-recorderset-top-box

This is a set-top box selling in Australia last year.

I have open up the battery cover of the remote, it has written "URC60500R01-18". I also found a 6-pin head which I guess is a JP1.2 or 1.3 head (if I am not wrong)

Thanks alot! Very Happy
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a UEI remote, so we can probably recognize the srtup code the cable box uses. Blink back the setup code and post it here.
kungbernard

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
That's a UEI remote, so we can probably recognize the srtup code the cable box uses. Blink back the setup code and post it here.

Thanks for replying

I have test on my remote for both the setup for <TV>+<OK> and <STB>+<OK>, and enter 990

For <TV>+<OK>
the light blinks after are the following:
1- 0
2- 5
3- 5
4- 6
5- 1

For <STB>+<OK>
the light blinks after are the following:
1- 1
2- 8
3- 1
4- 1
5- 1

Just out of curiosity, if I go and purchase a JP1.2/1.3 cable and connect to the 6pin head of this remote, am I able to get the button code for this remote (and other remotes?) via IR.exe?

Thanks! Smile
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that the Harmony doesn't have a BHAS02UR but does have a
Bush BHAS01UR, maybe alan might be able to capture that one and see if it uses something different than the other upgrades we have in the file area.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a Slingbox binary file, based on UEI setup code Cable 1811. That shoots NEC1 device 0, subdevice 127.
If it doesn't work, don't be discouraged.... it's probably my mistake.

No, you can't read out the contents of a built in setup code from the remote. But the Lookup Tool (link at the top of this page), does tell you the information in the form of EFCs, which can be entered into RemoteMaster. That's what I did to make the Slingbox files.

ETA--Link removed because the OP reported a different IR protocol is used in controlling the box.

Last edited by 3FG on Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
kungbernard

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
Here's a Slingbox binary file, based on UEI setup code Cable 1811. That shoots NEC1 device 0, subdevice 127.
If it doesn't work, don't be discouraged.... it's probably my mistake.

No, you can't read out the contents of a built in setup code from the remote. But the Lookup Tool (link at the top of this page), does tell you the information in the form of EFCs, which can be entered into RemoteMaster. That's what I did to make the Slingbox files.

Thanks for your help
Just tried with the binary file but unfortunately it doesn't work Sad
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"doesn't work" isn't useful. Did your try both the Pl and RV files? Made sure to use C2013 (most of our Slingbox bin files were prepared by Alan Richey, and he uses 2010. I used 2013.)

Emitters are firing? (Use a digital camera to see if the emitters flash. Have you read Alan's instructions which I included in the zip? I don't normally make bin files, so I can easily have made a mistake, but diagnosing the mistake require information.
kungbernard

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
"doesn't work" isn't useful. Did your try both the Pl and RV files? Made sure to use C2013 (most of our Slingbox bin files were prepared by Alan Richey, and he uses 2010. I used 2013.)

Emitters are firing? (Use a digital camera to see if the emitters flash. Have you read Alan's instructions which I included in the zip? I don't normally make bin files, so I can easily have made a mistake, but diagnosing the mistake require information.

Sorry for my lack of info
Yes, I have tried both RV and PL file
and I am using slingbox 500 (should be using PL on this device?)

The emitter light on the Slingbox IR transmitter is flashing, but I could not find the IR light on the STB (tried using digital camera test I still could not find the light location, maybe it has been hidden inside the STB?)

And for the instruction
I think I should did it right
I was using the same way to setup my other device for the HDMI input and its working fine. This STB is for my RGB component input which is not working.

Thanks alot and appreciated!
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning all. You have been busy while I was asleep Very Happy

Right here are some pointers:

1. Yes, you should be using the PL file.

2. As you say the emitter light is firing I assume you have the external IR Blaster plugged in ? Or can you see the internal emitter working ?

3. I don't understand why you mention the digital camera in relation to the STB. That has an IR 'receiver' so it won't show anything. Have you tried the trick of using a flashlight on the front of the STB to see through the smoked glass. I can see the IR receiver on my box using that.

4. There is a bug in the 500 (and the 350) that prevents you overwriting a Custom Remote with the same code. So, for example, if you installed one of mine using 2010 then it is there for life (or until a factory reset). Any attempt to install a different remote using the code 2010 will fail and it will still use the original one. So in your case you have probably now 'blocked out' 2010 and 2013.

5. As Vicky said, Logitech don't have a Bush BHAS0UR but they do have a Bush BHAS01UR. That uses NEC1 73.103, which I have never see before. I've built a Custom Remote for you at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12290 I have used 2011 for the code. If you think that code might have been blocked as well then let me know and I will try another.

6. Our latest installation instructions are at http://placeshiftingenthusiasts.com/how-to-add-custom-remote-bin-file-on-slingbox-500-and-350/

Over to you Very Happy
kungbernard

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
Morning all. You have been busy while I was asleep Very Happy

Right here are some pointers:

1. Yes, you should be using the PL file.

2. As you say the emitter light is firing I assume you have the external IR Blaster plugged in ? Or can you see the internal emitter working ?

3. I don't understand why you mention the digital camera in relation to the STB. That has an IR 'receiver' so it won't show anything. Have you tried the trick of using a flashlight on the front of the STB to see through the smoked glass. I can see the IR receiver on my box using that.

4. There is a bug in the 500 (and the 350) that prevents you overwriting a Custom Remote with the same code. So, for example, if you installed one of mine using 2010 then it is there for life (or until a factory reset). Any attempt to install a different remote using the code 2010 will fail and it will still use the original one. So in your case you have probably now 'blocked out' 2010 and 2013.

5. As Vicky said, Logitech don't have a Bush BHAS0UR but they do have a Bush BHAS01UR. That uses NEC1 73.103, which I have never see before. I've built a Custom Remote for you at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12290 I have used 2011 for the code. If you think that code might have been blocked as well then let me know and I will try another.

6. Our latest installation instructions are at http://placeshiftingenthusiasts.com/how-to-add-custom-remote-bin-file-on-slingbox-500-and-350/

Over to you Very Happy

Hi Alan

The file that you supply is working like a charm!
All buttons works correctly!

Thank you very much Smile

Hopefully this will be a good news for others who are using this STB as well Very Happy
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good, thanks for the rapid response. I'll post it up for other users.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kungbernard,
So now I'm really puzzled. Can you use the URC60500 to control the Bush STB? Using the STB button? It is very unusual for UEI to change the meaning of a setup code.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:

So now I'm really puzzled. Can you use the URC60500 to control the Bush STB? Using the STB button? It is very unusual for UEI to change the meaning of a setup code.

yes it is kind of odd, especially when you see that Bush does use SAT 1811 to control the Satellite box and the blink back matched that code. Perhaps this unit does respond to two codes, and that 500 bug was at work with your bin. I have several boxes that respond to more than one code. I see that when I have a working code, and then get my hands on the OEM and it shoots different codes.

OEM remotes often come with an offset. But that does not appear to be the case with this remote since the blink back matches the code that we expect to see for a Bush Sat box.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: