JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

OFA URC 6440
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see a Settings.bin file after setup codes have been assigned to all 4 device buttons, especially Extra.
tranx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some settings.bin files with the same setup codes assigned to the first 3 device buttons, but various codes on the 'Extra' device buttons. Hope winzip is ok:-

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12276
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tranx,
Thanks for the bin files. They'll keep me busy for a day or two!
tranx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG,
Realize it would take quite a while, enjoying the 6440, and quite surprised how nice it is. Reckon it might become popular and glad you are tackling this. Fingers crossed.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two questions:

1) How much time does reading a settings bin file from the remote take? Blink of an eye? 1 second? More? Is the time needed to write a settings.bin file to the remote similar to the read time?

2) If I tell simpleset.com that I wish to reset my remote, it provides a settings bin file which I could write to a 6440. Each begins with a unique string of 17 bytes which is repeated every 512 bytes throughout the file. That suggests that they timestamp each file downloaded from simpleset, or provide some kind of key. But the file uploaded here by diogojcr and the 4 files uploaded by tranx on Jan 20 have an identical string, even though a settings.bin file uploaded earlier by tranx had a different string. Perhaps that means that when remotes shipped from the factory they all have the same string, or perhaps a 981 reset always generates one string common to all 6440s. Can either of you remember the history of your remotes before reading settings.bin from it?
tranx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG Thank you, that is very clear.
Re. 1)
The time for copying the settings.bin to the remote is 15-20secs, and from Remote to PC is about 5secs less. That is when doing Copy and replace, but it is 10secs for copying to an empty folder on PC.
Re. 2)
"But the file uploaded here by diogojcr and the 4 files uploaded by tranx on Jan 20 have an identical string,
even though a settings.bin file uploaded earlier by tranx had a different string....
....Can either of you remember the history of your remotes before reading settings.bin from it?
"
edited. Can't remember much more than was in the descriptions

Last edited by tranx on Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:25 am; edited 4 times in total
tranx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:39 am    Post subject: URC-6440 Reply with quote

edited. PS
I was reminded that, when Simpleset is started, the Region needs to be selected from a map...
...so the Region has already been set before a file can be downloaded from Simpleset, whether it is a default Reset file, and when this sort of file has downloaded from Simpleset and copied into the remote, the light does NOT start blinking slowly and regularly.
On the other hand, after doing 981 or with a new remote, the region needs to be set on the remote before it can be used.

Last edited by tranx on Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:29 am; edited 14 times in total
tranx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diogojcr, I see you are in Portugal, for which a specific Region number is not on offer in the manual, but could you confirm that like me (usually!), for your uploaded 6440 settings.bin file, you would have set your remote to 'Region 1' ?
tranx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: 6440 regions settings Reply with quote

Edited. 3FG, if the different strings might be due to different regions being set, it might be useful to see how all six possible regions look.

Last edited by tranx on Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tranx,
The strings are not affected by the region, or VPT or anything like that. simpleset.com seems to put in a different string whenever it sends you a new settings.bin file. Subsequent mods that you make manually don't seem to affect the string. What I want to find out is if doing a 981 reset always causes the remote itself to generate the string which we see in new remotes. To do that, I want you to copy a settings file which was generated by simpleset into the remote, retrieve the settings file from the remote, save it, then do a 981 and retrieve the resulting settings.bin file. These two settings.bin files should (I hope) have different strings-- with the second one being identical to the string seen in a new remote.
tranx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right! Here are two files retrieved from the remote:

[A] File (re-set) downloaded from Simpleset, then put into the remote.

[B] 981 done to File A

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12303
tranx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the URC6440 manual http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12335

Last edited by tranx on Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
RhysGoodwin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys, I also have a couple of these remotes which I use with my MediaPortal HTPCs. Really nice simple but powerful remotes. I dont have experence with JP1 remotes but do have plenty of IT and some electronics experince let me know if I can be of help.

Actually I wanted to take one of my remotes apart to see if it has any additional headers on the board but doesn't seem easy to open without making a mess of casing.
tranx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject: URC 7960 - OARUSB04G picture Reply with quote

Hi, the only differences to be seen from illustrations are the labels incl. the 'list' button has 'macro' above it on the surface of OAR. Do you have both?

Last edited by tranx on Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total
RhysGoodwin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've two of the white URC-6440 remotes.

One thing that doesn't work too well is the automatic backlight feature. When enabled it causes the blacklight to come on automatically just by touching the remote. Problem is that sometimes the light will just come on and off by it self and waste the batteries.

Very nice feature if it worked properly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: